Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

zippus wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 pm
If they restrict all the losing accounts (no reference to you zippus) how are all the PC payers going to generate profits? The exchange will just dry up altogether!
No problem Derek27. I totally agree with you. I'm a liquidity provider at the moment and have probably funded a few of you guys over the past 12 months! I have no problem with this. Nobody forced me into placing the bets - I did this out of my own free will. Where I do have a real problem is with BF acting like they own my money. Do they think I'm going to sue them an ask for the money back?! Of course not. (And btw - I'm not even a VIP member!) :lol:
That's a good point. Many people who start off losing will be the PC payers of the future. I realise the Gambling Commission is putting pressure on Betfair but they should be resisting where possible instead of simply going along with them.
whimsies

I am a PC payer and am only allowed 300 per week, did tell them I didn't care as never deposit.
zippus

whimsies wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:11 pm
I am a PC payer and am only allowed 300 per week, did tell them I didn't care as never deposit.
That's impressive. Fair play. This doesn't fit my style because I (used to) draw down the daily winnings and only ever left the £5k bank in the account. I'm not a fan of building up big balances and it's been nice seeing the net deposits figure nudge downwards.
Derek27

zippus wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:44 pm
whimsies wrote:
That's impressive. Fair play. This doesn't fit my style because I (used to) draw down the daily winnings and only ever left the £5k bank in the account. I'm not a fan of building up big balances and it's been nice seeing the net deposits figure nudge downwards.
I withdraw monthly, and a fixed amount rather than profits. I wouldn't recommend withdrawing daily. I think Betfair may get charged by the banks for a withdrawal and they're not keen on customers who deposit and withdraw frequently, although I'm not sure at what frequency they start charging for it.
zippus

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm
zippus wrote:
whimsies wrote:
I withdraw monthly, and a fixed amount rather than profits. I wouldn't recommend withdrawing daily. I think Betfair may get charged by the banks for a withdrawal and they're not keen on customers who deposit and withdraw frequently, although I'm not sure at what frequency they start charging for it.
Thanks Derek. I'll give that a try if I ever get my bank back.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
zippus wrote:
whimsies wrote:
I withdraw every day, sometimes twice and for years now

It's the other end I've been worried about, lloyds bank ;)
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
zippus wrote:

I withdraw every day, sometimes twice and for years now

It's the other end I've been worried about, lloyds bank ;)
Any idea what counts as excessive? Obviously it must be more than twice a day.

8. Deposit and withdrawal charges

8.1 Charges relating to the deposit and withdrawal of funds to or from your Betfair account are set out in the deposit and withdrawal pages within the ˜My Account section on the website. However, additional charges may apply in some cases to reflect the cost incurred by Betfair as a result of processing excessive transactions.

8.2 Please note that if you become eligible to incur additional deposit and withdrawal charges, we will contact you before any charges are paid.
Archiepea

I,m sure Betfair look at/are involved in this forum. It would be interesting to get their view.
Black Ladder

Archiepea wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:25 pm
I,m sure Betfair look at/are involved in this forum. It would be interesting to get their view.
:lol:
Euler

Archiepea wrote:
We see them browsing it regularly, but I don't think I have ever seen them post anything.
weemac

'Accounts closed and punters frustrated as affordability checks arrive by stealth'

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... ite/480913
Derek27

Black Ladder wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:29 pm
Archiepea wrote:
:lol:
Don't laugh at a first-time poster. ;)
LeTiss

The problem we have here on the Exchange is that we're not all punters

How can someone having a £1000 bet be classified as the same as a trader looking to use a £1000 bank?

There are so many grey areas to this
Euler

I don't think the industry has lobbied hard enough.

Traders will put down £1k to win £10, punters £10 to win £1k
zippus

Ok so things have just got worse for me...

Tried to log in to Betfair this evening to find that my account has been closed. The message reads:

"Access to this account is denied - this account has been closed. Please contact us if you have any questions."

So I contacted Customer Service - very nice and empathetic but can't really do much. Apparently, the security team sent me an email a few hours ago requesting the usual intrusive ID checks, proof of funds etc. No such email has arrived. When I pointed out that they had already been provided and in February, BF confirmed I was 'good to go', the agent said she'd mention it on my file and flag it to the security team. However, my funds would be withheld and there is no timeframe for when the account will be reviewed. Thanks BF and GC - this really helps!

I really don't know what to say to be honest. I have funds - earned legitimately - but can't work on the basis of Big Brother looking over my shoulder every time I make a loss. This is really Nanny State at its very worst.

Return to “Betfair exchange”