Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
jamesedwards

It was a c-grade site and one I'd not heard of until recently. Will let you know the name once (if ever) I actually manage to get my money back. Proving difficult as it as and don't want to add to the risk.

It does clearly state in the (expansive) Ts and Cs that the site reserves the right to restrict stake and/or markets available at any time and in a separate section that any deposit must be traded through at least 3x. In theory therefore if you combine the two there's nothing to stop them denying you access to any markets and keeping the cash forever! I expect the Ts and Cs were available prior to deposit but who actually ever wades through them all? It seems these days you actually do have to though, or risk getting burnt.
Naffman

Deposited £5k yesterday for Ascot and they tried to contact me this morning from a private number (didnt answer) and since then they've suspended my account
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm
Deposited £5k yesterday for Ascot and they tried to contact me this morning from a private number (didnt answer) and since then they've suspended my account
You'd think they could show some common sense, given RA is about to start.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly and in time
Naffman

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:25 pm
Naffman wrote:

Just on with them now, sounds as though the GC has put some controls over them, £100 deposit for everyone now it seems
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Just on with them now, sounds as though the GC has put some controls over them, £100 deposit for everyone now it seems
WTF!
Even if you can jump through the affordability hoops or offer a good reason like you want to bet a large amount on a major event?

Thats sounds like a death nail if they pursue that course!
Naffman

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:40 pm
Naffman wrote:
Dallas wrote:

WTF!
Even if you can jump through the affordability hoops or offer a good reason like you want to bet a large amount on a major event?

Thats sounds like a death nail if they pursue that course!
Aye, I wonder if the slot player has to adhere to the same restrictions
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:02 pm
Ditto what Euler said.
likewise, on clicking on [Deposit Limit], mine is set as such:

Current Limit: No Limit Set

Looks like you may have to opt in - not sure tho', only just looked at this player protection part for the 1st time today and haven't deposited for quite a long time.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:

That surely can't right?! If that's the case the liquidity on the exchange will fall through the floor!

Hope you get it sorted Naffman
Black Ladder

Customers having to comply with these affordabilty checks seems to be random. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lucky, or not so luck dip in the staff canteen. No one in my circle has had to comply, or had restrictions placed on them. But I have had two accounts suspended this year.
Grinderman

I have deposits > £900k and I'm now limited to a £1,000 a month deposit 'budget'.
Naffman

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Ditto what Euler said.

Looks like you may have to opt in - not sure tho', only just looked at this player protection part for the 1st time today and haven't deposited for quite a long time.
Mine says no limit set too
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:56 pm
Naffman wrote:

That surely can't right?! If that's the case the liquidity on the exchange will fall through the floor!

Thanks, yeah all sorted now only took 15 mins but definitely worth keeping what you need in BF instead of withdrawing then depositing again
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Naffman wrote:

+1

Suspiciously, it seems they're trying to deter those that withdraw and then deposit soon after.
jimibt

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:17 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Ditto what Euler said.

Mine says no limit set too
Trader Pat wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Thanks, yeah all sorted now only took 15 mins but definitely worth keeping what you need in BF instead of withdrawing then depositing again
that's interesting to note. i often have wondered what controls would be put in place if i were regularly charging up my bank for specials and then withdrawing again on completion of the tournament/event.
Euler

Naffman wrote:
That's completely ridiculous
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 pm
Naffman wrote:
That's completely ridiculous
Will drive everyone to the illegal books/exchanges

Return to “Betfair exchange”