Betfair Account Restrictions

A place to discuss anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
goat68
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

This is all the same disingenuous statement, just like energy companys and Smart meters, "get one of these and it will save you energy", rather it should be "get one if these so we can harvest and sell your data and make more money for our CEO"!

"We're applying £100 controls to protect you" vs
"We're applying £100 controls as it is a very effective way of purging match bettors from our platforms"
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

jimibt wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:17 am
expect a robust response from shaun :D
I might have if I could be bothered to read it.
User avatar
Kai
Posts: 3301
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm
Location: Hogwarts, UK

RyanWolf wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:15 pm
Anyway where this world is heading to really?
Towards a dystopian future. Sorry for the spoiler! :lol:

But it's fine, those that don't like it can pack up and move in with Elon Musk on Mars :) Should be plenty of space and a decent Starlink internet connection.
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:58 pm

But it's fine, those that don't like it can pack up and move in with Elon Musk on Mars :) Should be plenty of space and a decent Starlink internet connection.
There's a plan!
User avatar
LeTiss
Posts: 5123
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

I suppose there is an obvious answer to all these issues for full-time/successful traders, because many problems seem to surround restrictions on deposits.....Never withdraw any of your working capital, just withdraw what you want to send to your bank
libor88
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 am

Hello guys,

first of all sorry my english.

As I noticed in this thread most problems of suspending BF accounts are connected with UK customers. Is this somehow influenced by UK gambling laws ? I know there are some changes in UK. I know some pro-traders outside UK making still huge deposits a withdrawals and no one had problem last few months. Thanks a lot.¨

Libor
User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 12632
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

libor88 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:41 pm
Hello guys,

first of all sorry my english.

As I noticed in this thread most problems of suspending BF accounts are connected with UK customers. Is this somehow influenced by UK gambling laws ? I know there are some changes in UK. I know some pro-traders outside UK making still huge deposits a withdrawals and no one had problem last few months. Thanks a lot.¨

Libor
Never thought about it but from what you say, it could well be a case of Betfair trying to please the UK Gambling Commission. (Your English is fine. :) )
Whopper
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Today myself I ended also writing to Peter Jackson as the situation was ridiculous

about 2.5 months ago, the CDD team contacted me to ask proof of funding (on a net profit +15 year old account that at some point I even paid premium charges and have over 250.000€ on commisions paid), like wtf, the funds I deposit when I need could be from the previous betfair withdrawals. But whatever.

Sent them some bank account screenshots
- we need more
sent them more
- we want more
sent them every single page of the bank account
- We are ok, we will contact you if needed, but in the meanwhile, here you have a 150€ daily deposit as maximum

one month later when I was betting, bam, account closed in the middle of a match, contacted priority because wtf and "oh, the international team and CDD slept on this", you they didn't do anything and just close the account without any info, like wth?

No worries, we will contact you in 72 hours. A week passed, nothing, I contact them again "oh, they must forgot, we will send them a reminder", another week with no info, third week this one, nothing at all, just desperate writing to Peter, what a disaster they are creating, my god.
User avatar
xtrader16
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:00 pm

It is my worst nightmare Betfair closing down my account. Ladbrokes closed down my exchange account for nothing and wouldn’t even discuss it. It was in profit. A few years ago, I suspended my Betdaq account for 6 months because I was losing money and because the liquidity was so poor I was closing trades at larger than expected odds. After 6 months I asked them to re-open it and they refused. Banned for life.

From my experience, and this obviously only applies to me, never use the 'Player Protection' options as they will all hold it against you and you'll never get back on their platforms. Gambling firms are paranoid of being closed down because one or two people get in over their head and kill themselves, but the pubs remain open all day and night. The world is moving towards a dictatorship style of governance and resistance is futile. These people who make these decisions are morons.

On another point, any chance of getting a spell check in the forum.
User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm
. These people who make these decisions are morons.
There’s more to this than meets the eye as Betfair's recent experience in the Netherlands has shown.

They bent the governmental guidance, got their wrists slapped and now have to wait a year to get their new licence now the exchange regs have been relaxed. These gambling firms have to keep the regulators sweet rather than pleasing a few customers, it obviously doesn't suit them or anyone but that's the bigger game they have to play. It just takes one civil servent to say they haven't tried hard enough and it's bye-bye licence.
Post Reply

Return to “General discussion”