Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Derek27

Anbell wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:43 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:14 pm
If so can they tell the difference between an instruction triggered automatically or manually?
They can tell. They can even tell which 3rd party app you use.
They can't possibly tell, at least in all situations.

I used to use AutoIt to automate Windows tasks (which can simulate pressing buttons on forms) so I could use it on the website, they'd never know that I'm not sitting at my computer. If you use a BA automated servant to place bets and also manually click on your ladder I can't imagine how they could know the difference.
Derek27

Talking of hours, I've reached 50:14 for the week but that includes coding and spreading (Excel, not plastering). :)
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:02 am
Anbell wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:43 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:14 pm
If so can they tell the difference between an instruction triggered automatically or manually?
They can tell. They can even tell which 3rd party app you use.
They can't possibly tell, at least in all situations.

I used to use AutoIt to automate Windows tasks (which can simulate pressing buttons on forms) so I could use it on the website, they'd never know that I'm not sitting at my computer. If you use a BA automated servant to place bets and also manually click on your ladder I can't imagine how they could know the difference.
You're correct. I misread, and thought the distinction was between website / app.
rkay

Hi all,
BF closed my account about a week back. I held it for many years without any issues and was closed without any notice , giving no reason whatsoever and notification that the decision will not be overturned.
Instead of sitting idle , I would like to offer the remainder of my BA professional subscription ( approx 10.5 months ) at a discounted price to anyone who is looking for one . I will accept any reasonable offer .
BA support has confirmed that they will transfer the remaining time of the subscription to the buyer.
Please PM me if interested .
Cheers
firlandsfarm

Wow, that seems a bit excessive ... care to share any details. I recently had one closed but I can see my mistake. I had! three accounts and can have all three open at the same time. To save possible 'confusion' I used to open them in different browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox). Unfortunately on one occasion I opened one in a browser that already had another account open and it was immediately closed! I have not been given the opportunity to explain my error. I'm now trying to at least get the funds out.
Euler

I recently had one of my accounts closed when I updated the address. Apparently, they have automated systems that detect duplicate accounts or possible prior exclusions and that automatically closes an account.

As you can see, especially in my case, this was a massive overkill and only needed a human to review it to reverse it.

I'd imagine a lot of people are getting caught in this sort of thing.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:47 am
I recently had one of my accounts closed when I updated the address. Apparently, they have automated systems that detect duplicate accounts or possible prior exclusions and that automatically closes an account.

As you can see, especially in my case, this was a massive overkill and only needed a human to review it to reverse it.

I'd imagine a lot of people are getting caught in this sort of thing.
How do you have multiple accounts?
The Silk Run

Family, friends, students < 500 cap
Euler

Anbell wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am
High volume players can be granted them via a master sub-account agreement.

Besides, we need additional accounts to run the Bet Angel business.
Hoots1985

Been reading though the thread with great interest.

I deposited 5k on Friday and placed the full amount on India to win the test with no intention of letting the bet run through to completion. When I tried to close out the position I was informed by account had been closed. After repeated attempts to have them close the existing the bet they said they were unable to do this as it was live on the exchange.

Luckily in this scenario the bet won and they’re now informing me that they will bank transfer the proceeds.
The Silk Run

WOW. That's some development with a fantastic outcome. Well done indeed.
Have a nice day, and I'm sure you will.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:50 am
Anbell wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am

Besides, we need additional accounts to run the Bet Angel business.
Ah, yes. I have MSA but it is all under the one address.
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
My volume would be nowhere near your's Peter but I can but try for 'approval' of multiple accounts ... is there a specific person I should contact?
ShaunWhite

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:06 am
Euler wrote:
My volume would be nowhere near your's Peter
What would you consider high volume to be?
Hoots1985

Hoots1985 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:57 pm
Been reading though the thread with great interest.

I deposited 5k on Friday and placed the full amount on India to win the test with no intention of letting the bet run through to completion. When I tried to close out the position I was informed by account had been closed. After repeated attempts to have them close the existing the bet they said they were unable to do this as it was live on the exchange.

Luckily in this scenario the bet won and they’re now informing me that they will bank transfer the proceeds.
Got nowhere with BDP or customer support. Emailed Peter Jackson directly and the matter was resolved within 24 hours. Apparently they found a second account attached to some of my details set up in 2019 and their compliance team automatically closed the account 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just shows, sometimes go straight to the top!

Return to “Betfair exchange”