90 Days Trading Challenge

A place to discuss anything.
goat68

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am
Let's call it a day

Started this new thread in hope that we will have some fun, learning and may be new direction. If things work then may be little bit of profit too. But I guess I was wrong, everyone has their own mindset and may be they have built their mindset after years of experience so its hard to change it.

I was hoping that at least people will be sharing their knowledge and experience, some tips and cumulatively we all will learn something. May be with couple of ideas some of you were not agreed but we could have given some more thoughts and come up with better version of it rather than ranting NAH NAH NAH. They were so hung up on idea that you can't make Zillion in 90 days but that was never intention. Intention was to avoid making losses, stay within limit, improve day rate and use power of compounding (slowly building bank). I never asked anyone to try 10%. All I said is have X% in mind and see if you can consistently hit, when you struggle, understand reason behind it and adjust (Read The Lean Start up Book or Agile Methodologies) . that way at least you will go in positive direction. I took 10% for myself because that's what I was comfortable with my small bank and over the course I will continue adjusting it.

Anyway its very hard for me to inspire myself every morning with negative messages (just because someone doesn't know how to hide their name from Profit & Loss page or some other silly things and start accusing). Thanks to SIR Peter and 2-3 happy chaps who were cheering up and sharing some good stuff

Thanks everyone
Hey Smarttrader, unfortunately you'll always get some criticism, I've had msgs saying give up goat! and the like, but I've also had the majority of great advice and support. If you carry on and succeed I think you will earn a lot of kudos!
Also, I wanted an avenue to keep me on track...
smarttraderr

goat68 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:50 am

Hey Smarttrader, unfortunately you'll always get some criticism, I've had msgs saying give up goat! and the like, but I've also had the majority of great advice and support. If you carry on and succeed I think you will earn a lot of kudos!
Also, I wanted an avenue to keep me on track...
Yes I will carry on for sure as I have yet to find reason not to do so. Its on positive track. I will keep you in loop time to time.

You are doing well. Unlike many others you are not losing money. soon you will find technique to stay slightly on positive side and then it will start building up. So don't give up. there are people who give up and then to justify their decision they start telling everyone to give up just so that they feel good about their decision :D :D :D
Trader Pat

smarttraderr wrote:
Let's call it a day
May be with couple of ideas some of you were not agreed but we could have given some more thoughts and come up with better version of it rather than ranting NAH NAH NAH.
I think you have to bear in mind that most on the forum have seen this kind of challenge or a variation of it a million times so you have to make allowances for why people aren't all that enthusiastic.

I think you also hit on something with the above quote that you have to acknowledge, there are many people who look for advice and that's fine but there are also those who want to be led by the hand through every step without putting the work in themselves. I'm not saying that's you but again its worth bearing in mind when you get what your perceive as a negative comment.

A couple of years ago there was a guy on twitter from my neck of the woods who asked if I'd be interested in joining a telegram group so I said sure why not, I thought it would be a good way to kill the boredom between races. He called himself a professional racing trader but it became very clear after about 4 races that he didn't have a clue about trading and just wanted to mirror other peoples trades to make money.

The forum is give and take but you have to be willing to accept critical feedback especially when using a strategy that's unlikely to bear any fruit in the long run.
The Silk Run

I support you Smart Trader, in fact I support EVERYONE. Lets not get overwhelmed and take things to serious. Their are far more dreadful things going on at the moment.

Have a nice day
Minnie LAI
smarttraderr

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Let's call it a day
May be with couple of ideas some of you were not agreed but we could have given some more thoughts and come up with better version of it rather than ranting NAH NAH NAH.
I think you have to bear in mind that most on the forum have seen this kind of challenge or a variation of it a million times so you have to make allowances for why people aren't all that enthusiastic.

I think you also hit on something with the above quote that you have to acknowledge, there are many people who look for advice and that's fine but there are also those who want to be led by the hand through every step without putting the work in themselves. I'm not saying that's you but again its worth bearing in mind when you get what your perceive as a negative comment.

A couple of years ago there was a guy on twitter from my neck of the woods who asked if I'd be interested in joining a telegram group so I said sure why not, I thought it would be a good way to kill the boredom between races. He called himself a professional racing trader but it became very clear after about 4 races that he didn't have a clue about trading and just wanted to mirror other peoples trades to make money.

The forum is give and take but you have to be willing to accept critical feedback especially when using a strategy that's unlikely to bear any fruit in the long run.
Thanks for your kind words.

I know people have seen it and comparing with their previous experience. Negative feedbacks are fine they are part of learning but when thing like Fake Screenshot and endless stream of unnecessary things come then u start thinking that where will this end.

I never claimed that I am expert. never claimed that I will make zillion, never claimed that I will help someone making money. All I was saying is challenge will help all of us make better trading. we all could have benefited from the mini competition. Competitions always bring something good out of you.

anyway I want to focus on what I am doing well. I have spotted few good ppl here so will continue learning from their posts.
smallplayer

Keep it up ST. Always good to see P & L's.
smarttraderr

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:35 pm
I support you Smart Trader, in fact I support EVERYONE. Lets not get overwhelmed and take things to serious. Their are far more dreadful things going on at the moment.

Have a nice day
Minnie LAI
Thanks Yes you did
smarttraderr

smallplayer wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:50 pm
Keep it up ST. Always good to see P & L's.
yeah I will find a way to share under may be different thread like - 100 ways to lose money :D :D :D
Trader Pat

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:49 pm
I know people have seen it and comparing with their previous experience. Negative feedbacks are fine they are part of learning but when thing like Fake Screenshot and endless stream of unnecessary things come then u start thinking that where will this end.
On the bright side some of us learned something new, I didn't know you could do that with Chrome so thanks :)

Good luck anyway 👍
smarttraderr

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:54 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
On the bright side some of us learned something new, I didn't know you could do that with Chrome so thanks :)

Good luck anyway 👍
Oh glad it helped
wearthefoxhat

smarttraderr wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Let's call it a day

Thanks for your kind words.

I never claimed that I am expert. never claimed that I will make zillion, never claimed that I will help someone making money. All I was saying is challenge will help all of us make better trading. we all could have benefited from the mini competition. Competitions always bring something good out of you.

anyway I want to focus on what I am doing well. I have spotted few good ppl here so will continue learning from their posts.
TBH, your updates lasted longer than mine would have done.

There's something about "committing" to your own thread/idea that is then exposed to everyone/anyone. If it goes tits up, then you feel like a lemon/melon, if you smash it, then everyone will be hassling you for your set ups/method...etc I think there's also a suspicion a poster might be selling something or associated to a website that's selling something, so they usually get a rough ride initially, until they prove otherwise.

Having said that, this forum in it's own right has excellent resources in advice/guidance and automation/semi-automation examples. It's just a question of finding what suits you best.
smarttraderr

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 pm

TBH, your updates lasted longer than mine would have done.

There's something about "committing" to your own thread/idea that is then exposed to everyone/anyone. If it goes tits up, then you feel like a lemon/melon, if you smash it, then everyone will be hassling you for your set ups/method...etc I think there's also a suspicion a poster might be selling something or associated to a website that's selling something, so they usually get a rough ride initially, until they prove otherwise.

Having said that, this forum in it's own right has excellent resources in advice/guidance and automation/semi-automation examples. It's just a question of finding what suits you best.
Thanks, Yes I agree with some of your points.

Nah not in selling thingy.. I use BetAngel only for last many years. tried some other softwares in past but nothing came close to BetAngel, so i'm life long loyal fan of BetAngel and to be honest only trading because of BetAngel else would be impossible to do anything what it allow us to do.
Kai

Honestly OP, if you're going to be inviting newbies to start profit target challenges and telling them to keep restarting the challenge every time they blow their bank then this will raise some red flags among the experienced traders and you may run into some criticism, some of it will be light-hearted in the form of memes etc meant to point out potential mistakes, while some criticism may be much harsher :)

But advising people on what to do with their trading banks has to be done in a responsible manner and should not be taken lightly, which this forum generally doesn't do and instead dishes out good advice overall.

Sure, success will breed haters in general and you'll run into all sorts of naysayers if you pursue this niche profession, but the experienced people on here just call it how they see it, and while I'm personally not much of a skeptic and don't see a reason why someone would be faking screenies to produce a tenner or two, what I see is someone that created a brand name with a logo attached to it and started a public profit challenge, so I don't know if an e-book is coming next or what ;)

I may have skimmed the thread but I haven't seen any trading talk or any actual learning taking place, I just see people tunneling on profit targets.
smarttraderr

Kai wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:27 pm
Honestly OP, if you're going to be inviting newbies to start profit target challenges and telling them to keep restarting the challenge every time they blow their bank then this will raise some red flags among the experienced traders and you may run into some criticism, some of it will be light-hearted in the form of memes etc meant to point out potential mistakes, while some criticism may be much harsher :)

But advising people on what to do with their trading banks has to be done in a responsible manner and should not be taken lightly, which this forum generally doesn't do and instead dishes out good advice overall.

Sure, success will breed haters in general and you'll run into all sorts of naysayers if you pursue this niche profession, but the experienced people on here just call it how they see it, and while I'm personally not much of a skeptic and don't see a reason why someone would be faking screenies to produce a tenner or two, what I see is someone that created a brand name with a logo attached to it and started a public profit challenge, so I don't know if an e-book is coming next or what ;)

I may have skimmed the thread but I haven't seen any trading talk or any actual learning taking place, I just see people tunneling on profit targets.
I understand but I don't think i ever mention that its for newbies or experienced. It was all about taking part and having fun.

there was also no advice on how to trade. I think my only input was that use wisely and grow.

Ha ha ebook? I don't think I have that kind of silly time. I got business and its making way more than 5 digits so if u find my screenshots ever in public domain (apart from here) .. claim 5 grand from me for lying :D (bookmark this)
Kai

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:56 pm
Ha ha ebook? I don't think I have that kind of silly time. I got business and its making way more than 5 digits so if u find my screenshots ever in public domain (apart from here) .. claim 5 grand from me for lying :D (bookmark this)
Saying that you already run a business kinda goes against your argument there, that you're not looking to commercialize your trading or having it as a potential option :) I'm just saying, maybe it would be if your username was dave55 and you had Bart Simpson as avatar, but that's beside the point :)

OK I'll bite, so what's the goal here with the challenge? And what's your market and trading style?

Looking for an edge?

Just confirming an existing one?

Trying to scale a smaller edge?

Struggling with consistency and discipline?

Want to impress with the classic underpromise and overdeliver scheme?

Need some sort of validation and support?

There's been 18 pages and I don't really know anything. All I heard was some agile/waterfall methodology book talk and saying you want to learn and improve, but no idea what exactly you're trying to learn and where you want to improve. Because as you know by now, the devil usually tends to be in these details :)

Return to “General discussion”