wearthefoxhat

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:49 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am
Let's call it a day
May be with couple of ideas some of you were not agreed but we could have given some more thoughts and come up with better version of it rather than ranting NAH NAH NAH.
I think you have to bear in mind that most on the forum have seen this kind of challenge or a variation of it a million times so you have to make allowances for why people aren't all that enthusiastic.

I think you also hit on something with the above quote that you have to acknowledge, there are many people who look for advice and that's fine but there are also those who want to be led by the hand through every step without putting the work in themselves. I'm not saying that's you but again its worth bearing in mind when you get what your perceive as a negative comment.

A couple of years ago there was a guy on twitter from my neck of the woods who asked if I'd be interested in joining a telegram group so I said sure why not, I thought it would be a good way to kill the boredom between races. He called himself a professional racing trader but it became very clear after about 4 races that he didn't have a clue about trading and just wanted to mirror other peoples trades to make money.

The forum is give and take but you have to be willing to accept critical feedback especially when using a strategy that's unlikely to bear any fruit in the long run.
Thanks for your kind words.

I know people have seen it and comparing with their previous experience. Negative feedbacks are fine they are part of learning but when thing like Fake Screenshot and endless stream of unnecessary things come then u start thinking that where will this end.

I never claimed that I am expert. never claimed that I will make zillion, never claimed that I will help someone making money. All I was saying is challenge will help all of us make better trading. we all could have benefited from the mini competition. Competitions always bring something good out of you.

anyway I want to focus on what I am doing well. I have spotted few good ppl here so will continue learning from their posts.
TBH, your updates lasted longer than mine would have done.

There's something about "committing" to your own thread/idea that is then exposed to everyone/anyone. If it goes tits up, then you feel like a lemon/melon, if you smash it, then everyone will be hassling you for your set ups/method...etc I think there's also a suspicion a poster might be selling something or associated to a website that's selling something, so they usually get a rough ride initially, until they prove otherwise.

Having said that, this forum in it's own right has excellent resources in advice/guidance and automation/semi-automation examples. It's just a question of finding what suits you best.
smarttraderr

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 pm

TBH, your updates lasted longer than mine would have done.

There's something about "committing" to your own thread/idea that is then exposed to everyone/anyone. If it goes tits up, then you feel like a lemon/melon, if you smash it, then everyone will be hassling you for your set ups/method...etc I think there's also a suspicion a poster might be selling something or associated to a website that's selling something, so they usually get a rough ride initially, until they prove otherwise.

Having said that, this forum in it's own right has excellent resources in advice/guidance and automation/semi-automation examples. It's just a question of finding what suits you best.
Thanks, Yes I agree with some of your points.

Nah not in selling thingy.. I use BetAngel only for last many years. tried some other softwares in past but nothing came close to BetAngel, so i'm life long loyal fan of BetAngel and to be honest only trading because of BetAngel else would be impossible to do anything what it allow us to do.
Kai

Honestly OP, if you're going to be inviting newbies to start profit target challenges and telling them to keep restarting the challenge every time they blow their bank then this will raise some red flags among the experienced traders and you may run into some criticism, some of it will be light-hearted in the form of memes etc meant to point out potential mistakes, while some criticism may be much harsher :)

But advising people on what to do with their trading banks has to be done in a responsible manner and should not be taken lightly, which this forum generally doesn't do and instead dishes out good advice overall.

Sure, success will breed haters in general and you'll run into all sorts of naysayers if you pursue this niche profession, but the experienced people on here just call it how they see it, and while I'm personally not much of a skeptic and don't see a reason why someone would be faking screenies to produce a tenner or two, what I see is someone that created a brand name with a logo attached to it and started a public profit challenge, so I don't know if an e-book is coming next or what ;)

I may have skimmed the thread but I haven't seen any trading talk or any actual learning taking place, I just see people tunneling on profit targets.
smarttraderr

Kai wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:27 pm
Honestly OP, if you're going to be inviting newbies to start profit target challenges and telling them to keep restarting the challenge every time they blow their bank then this will raise some red flags among the experienced traders and you may run into some criticism, some of it will be light-hearted in the form of memes etc meant to point out potential mistakes, while some criticism may be much harsher :)

But advising people on what to do with their trading banks has to be done in a responsible manner and should not be taken lightly, which this forum generally doesn't do and instead dishes out good advice overall.

Sure, success will breed haters in general and you'll run into all sorts of naysayers if you pursue this niche profession, but the experienced people on here just call it how they see it, and while I'm personally not much of a skeptic and don't see a reason why someone would be faking screenies to produce a tenner or two, what I see is someone that created a brand name with a logo attached to it and started a public profit challenge, so I don't know if an e-book is coming next or what ;)

I may have skimmed the thread but I haven't seen any trading talk or any actual learning taking place, I just see people tunneling on profit targets.
I understand but I don't think i ever mention that its for newbies or experienced. It was all about taking part and having fun.

there was also no advice on how to trade. I think my only input was that use wisely and grow.

Ha ha ebook? I don't think I have that kind of silly time. I got business and its making way more than 5 digits so if u find my screenshots ever in public domain (apart from here) .. claim 5 grand from me for lying :D (bookmark this)
Kai

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:56 pm
Ha ha ebook? I don't think I have that kind of silly time. I got business and its making way more than 5 digits so if u find my screenshots ever in public domain (apart from here) .. claim 5 grand from me for lying :D (bookmark this)
Saying that you already run a business kinda goes against your argument there, that you're not looking to commercialize your trading or having it as a potential option :) I'm just saying, maybe it would be if your username was dave55 and you had Bart Simpson as avatar, but that's beside the point :)

OK I'll bite, so what's the goal here with the challenge? And what's your market and trading style?

Looking for an edge?

Just confirming an existing one?

Trying to scale a smaller edge?

Struggling with consistency and discipline?

Want to impress with the classic underpromise and overdeliver scheme?

Need some sort of validation and support?

There's been 18 pages and I don't really know anything. All I heard was some agile/waterfall methodology book talk and saying you want to learn and improve, but no idea what exactly you're trying to learn and where you want to improve. Because as you know by now, the devil usually tends to be in these details :)
Derek27

smarttraderr wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:46 am
Yes I am aware that £50 * (1.1 ^ 90) = £265,651.13 and its huge money (Power of Compounding). I did say that results are beyond imagination and hopefully some of us will be able to achieve.
Fair enough with the P/Ls, I didn't realise Chrome has an HTML editor. But the above quote is probably why it's hard to take you seriously - if you really think that's achievable. What you're suggesting about people increasing their bank and stakes is something we all do automatically without thinking. For centuries people with thriving business have expanded without needing to know anything about maths or compounding. So, like Nivi7, when somebody feels they've just discovered something that everybody else already knows it's hard to take seriously.
smarttraderr

Kai wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:29 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:56 pm
Saying that you already run a business kinda goes against your argument there, that you're not looking to commercialize your trading or having it as a potential option :) I'm just saying, maybe it would be if your username was dave55 and you had Bart Simpson as avatar, but that's beside the point :)

OK I'll bite, so what's the goal here with the challenge? And what's your market and trading style?

Looking for an edge?

There's been 18 pages and I don't really know anything. All I heard was some agile/waterfall methodology book talk and saying you want to learn and improve, but no idea what exactly you're trying to learn and where you want to improve. Because as you know by now, the devil usually tends to be in these details :)
Thanks and appreciate all the questions you asked. I can answer but we don't have any common ground to get agreement on, so we will just end up with back and forth comments. It won't help both of us so no point of discussing I guess? So lets rest this conversation here. Thanks again
smarttraderr

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:24 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Yes I am aware that £50 * (1.1 ^ 90) = £265,651.13 and its huge money (Power of Compounding). I did say that results are beyond imagination and hopefully some of us will be able to achieve.
Fair enough with the P/Ls, I didn't realise Chrome has an HTML editor. But the above quote is probably why it's hard to take you seriously - if you really think that's achievable. What you're suggesting about people increasing their bank and stakes is something we all do automatically without thinking. For centuries people with thriving business have expanded without needing to know anything about maths or compounding. So, like Nivi7, when somebody feels they've just discovered something that everybody else already knows it's hard to take seriously.
Those were words of someone else, I was replying that yes I was aware of that. Anyway time to rest this conversation here. Thanks
Derek27

smarttraderr wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
smarttraderr wrote:
Those were words of someone else, I was replying that yes I was aware of that. Anyway time to rest this conversation here. Thanks
Sorry, they were definitely your words. :)
smarttraderr

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:50 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Sorry, they were definitely your words. :)
Please have a look at the post before that and the reference I used. you can see in what context I replied
Kai

smarttraderr wrote:
Thanks and appreciate all the questions you asked. I can answer but we don't have any common ground to get agreement on, so we will just end up with back and forth comments. It won't help both of us so no point of discussing I guess? So lets rest this conversation here. Thanks again
Fair enough.

I understand that the overall feedback is not as positive as you might have expected, but instead of feeling too disheartened about it I suggest to ponder over why that is exactly, it can't be a coincidence that very few people liked the idea.

When it comes to trading, things you don't understand at all, whether big or small, are usually exactly the things you need to learn the most.

Btw, what Mr Fox said above is very true, regarding various salesmen and target challenges they like to use to build credibility and so on, I'm afraid it's often guilty until proven innocent. But the motives are mostly irrelevant and the forum is no stranger to decent trading discussion, as you can see from numerous past threads.
Derek27

smarttraderr wrote:
Sorry, can't see another context even after looking at the previous posts. Unless by "hopefully some" you meant 'what none". :)
goat68

Today's: -£0.27 (-0.14%)
Strike rate: 52%
Better..
smarttraderr

Kai wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:56 pm
smarttraderr wrote:
Fair enough.

I understand that the overall feedback is not as positive as you might have expected, but instead of feeling too disheartened about it I suggest to ponder over why that is exactly, it can't be a coincidence that very few people liked the idea.

When it comes to trading, things you don't understand at all, whether big or small, are usually exactly the things you need to learn the most.

Btw, what Mr Fox said above is very true, regarding various salesmen and target challenges they like to use to build credibility and so on, I'm afraid it's often guilty until proven innocent. But the motives are mostly irrelevant and the forum is no stranger to decent trading discussion, as you can see from numerous past threads.
I understand that some may like and some may not like the idea and I am absolutely fine with that. No one got any obligation to like my idea. But some random Joe Blogg without knowledge come and start throwing their judgement and call you fraud is bit too much to take. His Tiny Brain couldn't understand how someone can remove name from P&L report :D :)

I understand what Mr Fox and respect what he said but my plain reason was to have some fun collectively. I did mention that this summer we had walking challenge and it was really fun as people who ever not even slightly interested in walking were doing a lot better.

I understand that someone may have used Challenge route to lurk some people into selling something else but that doesn't mean that if someone say challenge means he is selling something :D

Anyway I understand your POV and respect it ..
smarttraderr

Kai wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Looking for an edge?

I got IT and ecomm Businesses. I have worked with someone very closely setting up Gambling Business (10 years back) and I know how many rules and regulation are involved, took him more than 4-5 years and wasted more than £10m before giving up so I am sure I am not going anywhere there (unless I have extra 10m and want to have some fun) :D

If I am signing up on Trading platform why would I use Simpson avatar.. I take myself seriously .. even in username :D

Goal of the Challenge - have some fun, build collective knowledge, share knowledge, let others know what they are doing wrong and right.. get motivation from Trading Buddy. Discipline, consistency come by product when you are in challenging environment.

Also my knowledge is very limited in Horse Racing and other sports but I am good at numbers, stats, analysing patterns and lots of other things which technology can offer which can give edge. I got simulators and working on something really cool so looking for some horse racing experts to feed me with additional knowledge.

Anyway once again long post but on your request replying back else don't wanted to stretch this thread any long

Return to “General discussion”