Bet365 CEO Pay Denise Coates

A place to discuss anything.
buyshirts

It's a private company which they have built up off their own backs.

She isn't like the CEO of say Barclays who get parachuted in and leaves after a couple of years millions better off and fortunes in share options or you can compare her to Philip Green who creates his own business and then as soon as he makes it they are straight off to tax havens pay little or no tax.

Her and the company are massive tax payers they support the local economy greatly surely if people have a problem with what they are doing the problem they have stem from more a political stand point about the system than what they are doing personally and as a company.
jamesg46

buyshirts wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:24 pm
It's a private company which they have built up off their own backs.

She isn't like the CEO of say Barclays who get parachuted in and leaves after a couple of years millions better off and fortunes in share options or you can compare her to Philip Green who creates his own business and then as soon as he makes it they are straight off to tax havens pay little or no tax.

Her and the company are massive tax payers they support the local economy greatly surely if people have a problem with what they are doing the problem they have stem from more a political stand point about the system than what they are doing personally and as a company.
365 are a good size employer, living in the area I have friends and family that work there in multiple roles & they're pretty well paid too relative to the pay around here. Some people only see Denise and the huge amounts she pays herself but there is knock on effects, such as employee tax contributions, better wages increases the standard to which people live (marginally around here) but they buy/want better standards of goods such as houses/cars etc. Then there is the old eye sore of a site that they revamped from an ugly dump into a modern looking complex, which was huge for the local construction & fabrication companies which then leads to 365's supply chain for stationary, work wear etc... it has had an overall positive effect on the local economy. Not sure about the wallets of gamblers but whatever, that's their choice. The only thing that pisses me off is that she flys over my house every Wednesdays evening in her helicopter, that 30 seconds of chopper noise really is her downfall in my eyes :lol:
jamesedwards

It's illogical for the general public to get so worked up about the pay packets of top earners. It can only be misguided envy.

The more an individual gets paid the more company profit is diverted to the tax revenue stream, and therefore the more money is available to fund the needs/wants of society.
buyshirts

I give you Philip Green that well known all round good egg!
ShaunWhite

For every Philip Green there's a Doreen Lofthouse, but the red tops would rather stoke division than reality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla ... e-56587841
The Silk Run

NOT wishing to sound sexist but I think Ms COATES empire sends a good message to woman, and what's achievable. Equally, I wish anybody GOOD LUCK.
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:41 pm
NOT wishing to sound sexist but I think Ms COATES empire sends a good message to woman, and what's achievable. Equally, I wish anybody GOOD LUCK.
The problem with this type of 'acheivement' is that money, status, power & greed are a man's definition of achievement. I've worked with a couple of so called powerful women and they were essentially men in a frock. Thatcher was a prime example of that, lauded by men for her strength, largely despised by women for her lack of compassion. Anyway, 99.9% of the people on here incl me aren't really in a position to have a qualified opinion on this :)
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:01 pm
I've worked with a couple of so called powerful women and they were essentially men in a frock.
Must have been a shock when you discovered that! ;)
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
I've worked with a couple of so called powerful women and they were essentially men in a frock.
Chix with dix :lol:
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
By way of their mentality rather than their equipment although I can't confirm that personally :)
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Why are people discussing dix in every other thread now :?
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:05 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Blame Dex, Kai. Always lowers the tone :D
Incidentally, poor Denise COATES being slaughtered by Media. I suppose bad press, is GOOD press !!
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Kai wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

Incidentally, poor Denise COATES being slaughtered by Media. I suppose bad press, is GOOD press !!
It's Shaun. He deliberately worded his post for someone to have a crack. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:29 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Kai wrote:

It's Shaun. He deliberately worded his post for someone to have a crack. :)
You mean like you just did, with the crack?

At this point you're just asking for Reverend CS to come in and preach against buggery FFS Dex, get a hold of yourself man.

Return to “General discussion”