Strategy/Edge poll

A place to discuss anything.

If someone gave you a profitable strategy would you have an edge?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm

Yes.
42%
No.
58%

Total votes: 33
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:54 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:38 pm
I don't think there's any danger of this thread being locked, I haven't seen anything nasty being said on it anywhere.
Not at this point, no, but it does discourage people from contributing.

A thread was locked just a few days ago, albeit because a poster joked about dead people, which is quite a trigger for those that recently lost someone.

Say what you will about Alex, but at least he does try to back up his arguments in the right manner, without getting personal or belligerent, from what I've seen at least.
That wasn't the only reason that thread was locked which can be seen by Dallas' last comment when he locked it. That thread turned into a Troll's paradise, all it needed was three billy goats to be officially a fairytale.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
I don't think there's any danger of this thread being locked, I haven't seen anything nasty being said on it anywhere.

Imo the problem is people who can dish it out but can't take it in return.
"The problem is" come off your high horse. I don't think I've seen one post from you in this thread that's relative to the topic. You commented before I even mentioned you and then it's all for some sort of dislike for Pat agenda and injunctions may be needed, talk about not being able to take it... I wasn't even giving it.
Korattt

it’s only this afternoon I’ve realised that an edge can pop out of nowhere 🤔 & people focus on what they can do rather than what they can’t due to one reason or another
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:58 pm

I've said that I wasn't trying to argue. I'll conversate with people all day but unfortunately as soon as someone doesn't like a response or the way you respond it gets personal.

Everyone seems so damn sensitive these days... when it comes to thinking about needing an injunction because someone has mentioned you a few times then imo we're bordering lunacy, maybe we've all been locked up for too long.

You're describing yourself James, down to a tee. I'll give you one of many examples.

Just look at your 4 (yes 4) responses to this post I made just last week.
viewtopic.php?p=259630#p259630
You respond by asking a question, when I don't answer it you ask another more direct question.

Then on the next page you follow it up with a comment aimed directly at me which was obviously made to provoke some kind of argument and then 30 minutes later you call me out again by preempting my response that I never made! You then sign off by calling anyone who doesn't define an edge in the same way you do a half wit.
viewtopic.php?p=259671#p259671

For the record I didn't respond because I didn't see them until the next day but when I did it reminded me of this:
https://youtu.be/svzl3aeezLQ
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
I do not have an issue with anyone. I may disagree on things but that doesn't fester into an issue.
Of course you're not arguing, you're just disagreeing with everyone. You don't have an issue with anyone which is why you keep needing to say it.

By the way, I'm not drunk. ;)
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

"The problem is" come off your high horse. I don't think I've seen one post from you in this thread that's relative to the topic. You commented before I even mentioned you and then it's all for some sort of dislike for Pat agenda and injunctions may be needed, talk about not being able to take it... I wasn't even giving it.

Page 2, you even responded to it.
viewtopic.php?p=260542#p260542

I gave you enough credit to think you'd see the injunctions comment was tongue in cheek.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:13 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

I've said that I wasn't trying to argue. I'll conversate with people all day but unfortunately as soon as someone doesn't like a response or the way you respond it gets personal.

Everyone seems so damn sensitive these days... when it comes to thinking about needing an injunction because someone has mentioned you a few times then imo we're bordering lunacy, maybe we've all been locked up for too long.

You're describing yourself James, down to a tee. I'll give you one of many examples.

Just look at your 4 (yes 4) responses to this post I made just last week.
viewtopic.php?p=259630#p259630
You respond by asking a question, when I don't answer it you ask another more direct question.

Then on the next page you follow it up with a comment aimed directly at me which was obviously made to provoke some kind of argument and then 30 minutes later you call me out again by preempting my response that I never made! You then sign off by calling anyone who doesn't define an edge in the same way you do a half wit.
viewtopic.php?p=259671#p259671

For the record I didn't respond because I didn't see them until the next day but when I did it reminded me of this:
https://youtu.be/svzl3aeezLQ
Absolutely! I'm no better than anyone else who does it. I wasn't claiming that I've never got personal in a response, I was saying that's how it goes & that imo is the problem.

I remember Derek pointing it out that i get wound up easily over fleeting comments, which is very true... doesn't mean I have an issue with someone though, or hold a grudge of some sort. I just move onto the next fleeting comment and get wound up. I guess the issue I have is with myself.
Korattt

think I’m gonna come off this forum
Trader Pat

Korattt wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:51 pm
it’s only this afternoon I’ve realised that an edge can pop out of nowhere 🤔
Sounds like you need a pair of Derek's trunks
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:36 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Page 2, you even responded to it.
viewtopic.php?p=260542#p260542

I gave you enough credit to think you'd see the injunctions comment was tongue in cheek.
I know it was, I just found it funny. It was actually a good line... I just used it to be flippant.

I went back and looked afterwards and found your comment... through everything it slipped my mind, I stand corrected :D
Korattt

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:44 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:51 pm
it’s only this afternoon I’ve realised that an edge can pop out of nowhere 🤔
Sounds like you need a pair of Derek's trunks
think I’ll pass on that thanks.. (no offence Degsy)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:34 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
I do not have an issue with anyone. I may disagree on things but that doesn't fester into an issue.
Of course you're not arguing, you're just disagreeing with everyone. You don't have an issue with anyone which is why you keep needing to say it.

By the way, I'm not drunk. ;)
Not everyone. I've said it in a direct response & in general which was prompted by Kai's comment, its very true what he said.

Why not? The weekend is nearly over, this isn't the time to be sober, get a move on.
ShaunWhite

41% vs 59% so far. So the answer is a resounding 'Maybe'. Who'd a thought that would be the outcome, it's been the outcome of every binary referendum for years now. There's just too many ways to trade and too many people doing it to have a definative answer to anything.....probably.

(I didn't especially need that mental image of Derek's trunks Pat, thanks for that. :? )
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:01 pm
41% vs 59% so far. So the answer is a resounding 'Maybe'. Who'd a thought that would be the outcome, it's been the outcome of every binary referendum for years now. There's just too many ways to trade and too many people doing it to have a definative answer to anything.....probably.

(I didn't especially need that mental image of Derek's trunks Pat, thanks for that. :? )
No need to thank me, you're most welcome :D
Kai

Korattt wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:42 pm
think I’m gonna come off this forum
Reminds me of high school most of the time :) The memories are still relatively fresh.

Return to “General discussion”