BetJetPro - a new trading software

A place to discuss anything.
The Silk Run

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:30 am
jimibt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 am
I will say tho, using CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) is a decent choice of platform when thinking about platform independence. The api for that is evolving all the time and in theory means that pc/mac/mobile implementations require only a build for each, rather than a seperate codebase.

as to whether it's FASTER than native code, difficult to say as at the very basic, it's really just stream interception and client activity against the stream.

will be interesting to see how it evolves.
I already spoke with them, they say its faster than BA running at 20ms using streaming. :roll:
Of course they would !!! If they are that confident ask them if they are willing to pitch it on Dragons Den ;)
Anyway, I believe your a successful trader, so I assume your just curious !!!
MAGTRADEUK

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:30 am
jimibt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 am
I will say tho, using CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) is a decent choice of platform when thinking about platform independence. The api for that is evolving all the time and in theory means that pc/mac/mobile implementations require only a build for each, rather than a seperate codebase.

as to whether it's FASTER than native code, difficult to say as at the very basic, it's really just stream interception and client activity against the stream.

will be interesting to see how it evolves.
I already spoke with them, they say its faster than BA running at 20ms using streaming. :roll:
hmmm am I missing something then, on their website it states in ladder mode "Four times a second prices update" so how is that faster?
Archery1969

This is what they put:

"BetAngel needs to parse complete stream before processing - it does not do on the fly. If you not sure try it for yourself you see the difference. All i know is I used betangel for ages , geeks and bettrader. This is faster and it actually throttled as your eyes would not cope with full speed. BJP is actually realtime but shows at a speed the eye can see."

Which i not sure I understand but maybe I being thick or they talking a load of BS.

And NO i am not interested in using their software, just curious. :)
The Silk Run

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:42 am
This is what they put:

"BetAngel needs to parse complete stream before processing - it does not do on the fly. If you not sure try it for yourself you see the difference. All i know is I used betangel for ages , geeks and other software. This is faster and it actually throttled as your eyes would not cope with full speed. BJP is actually realtime but shows at a speed the eye can see."

Which i not sure I understand but maybe I being thick or they talking a load of BS.

Ha Ha. See, I was right, I know your a Pro. Ask them for a FREE test trial, out of curiosity ...
Hey, I was thinking of you last evening !!! Just developed a new doggie bot that I put out in the markets, yesterday Sunday. It's not as glamorous as Greyhound Mystique but I thought I may share its progress on the forum community. What do you think ;)
Euler

Tony pumping out hopelessly exaggerated claims, has this happened before? :lol:
Archery1969

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:53 am
Archery1969 wrote:
This is what they put:

"BetAngel needs to parse complete stream before processing - it does not do on the fly. If you not sure try it for yourself you see the difference. All i know is I used betangel for ages , geeks and other software. This is faster and it actually throttled as your eyes would not cope with full speed. BJP is actually realtime but shows at a speed the eye can see."

Ha Ha. See, I was right, I know your a Pro. Ask them for a FREE test trial, out of curiosity ...
Hey, I was thinking of you last evening !!! Just developed a new doggie bot that I put out in the markets, yesterday Sunday. It's not as glamorous as Greyhound Mystique but I thought I may share its progress on the forum community. What do you think ;)
Doggie bot, :) Nice one, :), I plus others will be interested in seeing your progress :)
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:04 am
Tony pumping out hopelessly exaggerated claims, has this happened before? :lol:
Or just straight out make something up if he thinks it will increase sales :lol:
The Silk Run

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am
The Silk Run wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
This is what they put:

Doggie bot, :) Nice one, :), I plus others will be interested in seeing your progress :)
Kool. I have just awarded you FIVE hearts. If you are of a competitive nature, Dex only has THREE :D
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Just developed a new doggie bot that I put out in the markets, yesterday Sunday. It's not as glamorous as Greyhound Mystique but I thought I may share its progress on the forum community. What do you think ;)
I think sharing is caring, good luck with Dogebot 💖
Euler

Given Tony's ability to 'slighty' over egg things, I don't know if the community is looking for a specific response on the speed thing. But there are advantages and disadvantages to how you process data from Betfair.

Each time Betfair tweak something, we take a good look at the code and adjust if necessary. You all see how often we do this. We are extremely confident that we have the best solution possible for everything that people wish to do. We look at this constantly, as obviously we want it to perform at its best. If we think there is a better way of doing something we will always be onto it.

We've seen people do all sorts of things in the past to give the impression of speed, but ultimately you have to strike a balance of a number of factors.

When betfair publish changes on the stream they are grouped together and given a 'publish time' if you were to update the model piecemeal without treating all published data as a whole you could easily give false signals on prices that have already changed in the unprocessed stream, but that you haven't got round to updating yet. That's the flaw with trying to use the method discussed on this thread.
Eyesnack

Yes I totaly agree about these software companies pushing the latest trading apps
PS you can check out my latest software (in development) trading platform over at

https://betjetpro.co.uk/

Best viewed in a new window

Cheers ;)
wearthefoxhat

Eyesnack wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:47 pm
Yes I totaly agree about these software companies pushing the latest trading apps
PS you can check out my latest software (in development) trading platform over at

Cheers ;)

:lol:
Archery1969

Eyesnack wrote:

Cheers ;)
🤣
jimibt

Eyesnack wrote:

Cheers ;)
sign me up -lol
foxwood

Eyesnack wrote:

Cheers ;)
Hilarious - great work gone into writing the website plus you now own that domain name :D :D

Return to “General discussion”