Excel blowing my mind

A place to discuss anything.
JAMESGLYNN67

.....the ERROR message in the GLOBAL STATUS cell is because its out with the timeframe and no action to be taken. Maybe?
CallumPerry

JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:53 am
JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am
CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:12 am
In Excel, it will only fire once per runner because "PLACED" appears in the L column, you just need a macro to delete this cell when each new market loads.

Put your stake calculation inside of an if statement that checks if the time is <= 3 seconds.

For example, in Cell O9:

If(F4<=0.00003472,[Your Calculation],"")

F4 is the countdown cell, if you type 00:00:03 in there and then change the cell from a TIME format to NUMBER, you'll see that's where I got that number from. Adjust accordingly.
I was so close with my formula
EH, nope, still not getting it.

Cell 09: =If(F4<=0.00003472,[N9=G9/10],"") I know this is not correct. Excel tells me so
My bad, somebody pointed it earlier too I saw, just remove the []. Sorry for confusing you. Make sure L9 = BACK and M9 = one of the odds. K9 is the last traded price so M9 = K9 for example and then your stake = If(F4<=0.00003472,N9=G9/10,"").

I just had to double check my cell references with the template workbook, the stake formula should go into cell N9, not O9. O9 is where the status message appears from Bet Angel once a bet has been confirmed.

Global commands runs separate so if you're getting an error there, you have a problem elsewhere. As long as cell L9 = Back, M9 = odds, N9 = formula, you should be fine.
JAMESGLYNN67

So i think Ive progressed here.

If i use the multi-sheet template will I have to copy and paste the above formula to all the sheets or will they populate from the first one?

Can I delete all the extra sheets and then duplicate the first one as many times as i want?

AND, if I use the switesh multi sheet template will all the data collection magic still work as set up?
JAMESGLYNN67

JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm

If i use the multi-sheet template will I have to copy and paste the above formula to all the sheets or will they populate from the first one?

Can I delete all the extra sheets and then duplicate the first one as many times as i want?

AND, if I use the switesh multi sheet template will all the data collection magic still work as set up?
I dont really have any idea what the magic is but betting itll look cool on my laptop
CallumPerry

JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm

:lol: Not looked at the swiftest multi sheet for ages so couldn't tell you but yes, create a master sheet with all of your formulae in first and then once you copy the sheet, it should copy all of the contents also for you to use on multiple markets.
JAMESGLYNN67

I cant get guardian to auto-bind to any more than 6 sheets
rik

Whats the logic behind staking higher for higher odds, wouldnt you want to even out your payout/winnings?
Most people would stake higher the lower the odds
JAMESGLYNN67

I would love to say I've been data mining but I think I've been copying and pasting loads. Last week I downloaded a months worth of dog placed markets by mistake and put my formula into the spreadsheet and my account emptied rapidly (practice mode), and steadily, almost in a perfect sequence, so reversed the formla to BACK on place markets, I had the 2 columns side by side, highlighted them and then pressed a button on excel that looked like it might draw a graph. I reckon i need £1k to start as cant the small stake to agree with betfair.

Not sure this will help help anyone understand anything as I'm struggling myself. I remember being proud of a mail merge i did 20 years ago. my laptop is mainly for youtube netflix etc
JAMESGLYNN67

rik wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm
Whats the logic behind staking higher for higher odds, wouldnt you want to even out your payout/winnings?
Most people would stake higher the lower the odds
just remembered a time when manual betting on BA bookmaking page, wheni wonderd if the staking could be reversed?
JAMESGLYNN67

sionascaig wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:50 pm
you can do it without excel

just set a stored value to back price

and set you stake to the stored value or a % of it..
Hi sionascaig

I'm now trying to get my head around the stored values and admit freely that I'm clueless.

Can you help me out. I want BA to place a BACK bet at the best market price, 3 seconds before start. The stake has to be the 10% of the price
sionascaig

JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:50 pm
you can do it without excel

just set a stored value to back price

and set you stake to the stored value or a % of it..
Hi sionascaig

I'm now trying to get my head around the stored values and admit freely that I'm clueless.

Can you help me out. I want BA to place a BACK bet at the best market price, 3 seconds before start. The stake has to be the 10% of the price
Hi James, I sent you a PM... If its unclear then just let me know & I'll post some pics in this thread..
sionascaig

Example baf attached...

1st rule collects Back Price data & puts in a SV
2nd rule uses SV & places a Back Bet of 10% Back Price @ Back Price

Note: the SV rule is set to "always armed", runs every refresh & prints to log - you dont need this (and will swamp your log with data but left in so you can test)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JAMESGLYNN67

Thanks Jim

Thanks a lot

Practice mode here I come

James
JAMESGLYNN67

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm
Example baf attached...

Note: the SV rule is set to "always armed", runs every refresh & prints to log - you dont need this (and will swamp your log with data but left in so you can test)...

See what you mean about the log data. 17 pages, 300 lines a page. Is that the refresh rate in action I'm seeing? I only really need value just before off so thats just amending from ALWAYS ARMED, to a time closer to the off but outwith my BACK time yeah?
sionascaig

JAMESGLYNN67 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm
Example baf attached...

See what you mean about the log data. 17 pages, 300 lines a page. Is that the refresh rate in action I'm seeing? I only really need value just before off so thats just amending from ALWAYS ARMED, to a time closer to the off but outwith my BACK time yeah?
yup - and untick the box that writes the SV to the log...

Return to “General discussion”