A place to discuss anything.
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:30 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 pm
If we try to picture the 4th dimension as ...
Like one of your extended procrastinations, travelling through time pushing actual work further and further into the distance?
I've only had 3 or 4 days off trading in 2021 :geek:
Then that's 3 or 4 days too many in your shoes.

Determination is the only bridge between goals and accomplishments, you'll have plenty of time to procrastinate once the world is your oyster, especially at that age.

And herein probably lies your biggest issue, you can already draw some conclusions from those few words you just said. Implying that simply trading all markets like a zombie for years and endlessly doing the same things in the same market is enough and that it will casually lead somewhere on its own. What about the rest of the work??? That's where the real progress is likely to be made. Trade less, work more.

If you're spending those hours on catching up on Mandalorian, playing a few rounds of Fortnite, endlessly bantering with Derek, checking up on social media and who knows what else, then you can't seriously expect to ever catch up and compete with people who have been active since day 1.

You cannot see a real reward without real sacrifice. I shared some long-winded posts that span across 5 screens, surely forum record for long-windedness, about sacrifices I made during the first 6 months or whatever, and I couldn't even begin to describe all the necessary work and sacrifices properly, there was some serious catching up to do. The only forced breaks I ever took was when I couldn't sleep anymore, and now the markets are even harder so you do the math and calculate the required effort for anyone new looking to break in.

I would not stand for this honestly, the ego alone would refuse to take no for an answer, 3 or however many years is a long time to break through that first barrier. Those that have practically given up and are just going through the motions for lack of better things to do need to re-evaluate, and re-evaluate ASAP.

Filthy casuals only serve one purpose in the market and that's as cannon fodder.
Derek27

He's always got the 8th dimension to fall back on, which is apparently where god lives. :)
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Filthy casuals..........
That would be a great name for a dating app
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:12 pm
Kai wrote:
Filthy casuals..........
That would be a great name for a dating app
with a strapline: ".. when nothing else will wash with you!!"
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:30 am

Like one of your extended procrastinations, travelling through time pushing actual work further and further into the distance?
I've only had 3 or 4 days off trading in 2021 :geek:
Then that's 3 or 4 days too many in your shoes.

Determination is the only bridge between goals and accomplishments, you'll have plenty of time to procrastinate once the world is your oyster, especially at that age.

And herein probably lies your biggest issue, you can already draw some conclusions from those few words you just said. Implying that simply trading all markets like a zombie for years and endlessly doing the same things in the same market is enough and that it will casually lead somewhere on its own. What about the rest of the work??? That's where the real progress is likely to be made. Trade less, work more.

If you're spending those hours on catching up on Mandalorian, playing a few rounds of Fortnite, endlessly bantering with Derek, checking up on social media and who knows what else, then you can't seriously expect to ever catch up and compete with people who have been active since day 1.

You cannot see a real reward without real sacrifice. I shared some long-winded posts that span across 5 screens, surely forum record for long-windedness, about sacrifices I made during the first 6 months or whatever, and I couldn't even begin to describe all the necessary work and sacrifices properly, there was some serious catching up to do. The only forced breaks I ever took was when I couldn't sleep anymore, and now the markets are even harder so you do the math and calculate the required effort for anyone new looking to break in.

I would not stand for this honestly, the ego alone would refuse to take no for an answer, 3 or however many years is a long time to break through that first barrier. Those that have practically given up and are just going through the motions for lack of better things to do need to re-evaluate, and re-evaluate ASAP.

Filthy casuals only serve one purpose in the market and that's as cannon fodder.
I appreciate your helpful intentions but you seem to draw a lot of conclusions from a few forum posts. I'm aware that trading takes a lot of sacrifice, it's a 7 day a week and constantly adapting way of life, but you imply that humans have to be productive 100% of the time.

RE: posting off topic more than on topic, I'm sure you know that a lot of trading related things in this zero sum game aren't posted publicly on forums for thousands of people to see for a reason, and there is no reason why I should expect people who make a living from this to give anything away which could affect their edge

I'm aware that this isn't easy and needs constant practice and reviewing, I've learned a lot about trading in the last few weeks and spotted 2 or 3 siginificant things in the markets that I didn't notice or understand before so I'm not just being a zombie that chases the price all day and never thinks to change my behaviour
Danny Asda

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:38 pm
Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
I will have another read later after Tenable and Tipping Point has finished Thanks.
You might want to change your viewing habits, Only Connect would be a better warm up.

I saw Tipping Point a while ago and one question was "What's the first letter of the alphabet...." and I was expecting more question like "that has 2 degrees of symmetry" or something, but that was it. :D .. (btw it's 'A' for anyone who's unsure)

I'm missing quizzy Mondays already now that OC and UC have both had their finals :( ....still got Round Britain Quiz though so all is not lost.

NLYCNNCT ?

RYKDDNG M ?

MNT FCKNG RCKTSCNTST , SHN
ShaunWhite

Danny Asda wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 pm

NLYCNNCT ?

RYKDDNG M ?

Not kidding, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist if you pause the TV for 10mins every question :) You've clearly watched it though ;) I was tempted to reply with 4 snippets of music but life is too short. Joking aside if you can pull 4 pieces of information together and derive a 5th then trading is definately for you.
alexmr2

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 am
I was tempted to reply with 4 snippets of music but life is too short.
Plot twist, trading is easy and everyone here just pretended it was hard so any newbies who happen to stumble upon this thread don't steal some of their pie

https://youtu.be/A-t4GJSl0fA
Danny Asda

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 am
Danny Asda wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 pm

NLYCNNCT ?

RYKDDNG M ?

Not kidding, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist if you pause the TV for 10mins every question :) You've clearly watched it though ;) I was tempted to reply with 4 snippets of music but life is too short. Joking aside if you can pull 4 pieces of information together and derive a 5th then trading is definately for you.

There is no I in TEAM, Shaun. Though there are two in DEFINITELY !

Sorry, I shouldn’t have done that. But if we are going to get all highbrow, we should probably have it right.

I was going to ask you to choose another hieroglyph, though perhaps you would be more comfortable choosing a drop zone for your counter ! ;)
Danny Asda

Ok. @shaun sorry about the spelling thing, that was a bit pedantic. I was a bit annoyed after what you said about only connect, as though i have watched that show, i have never actually got a question right on it. Also, definitely is the only commonly misspelled word that i spell correctly, and i only found out this morning that highbrow is actually one word,not two, hence editing above post. But anyway, for some reason, i always do well on the missing vowels round. I do have a theory that maybe you see the clues at home a couple of seconds before they see them on the telly, which can give the illusion that you are faster than them, to make you feel less stupid so you carry on watching the show, but im unsure. But i thought if i could transfer my missing vowels skills to sports trading like you said, then maybe i could be ok?
So i gave it a go today on horse racing. I set out using the scalp free bet method, then when race finished, moved on to next one, get as many free bets as i could, usually on 2 or 3 horses, or maybe up to 6 or even 7 on the big runner races. Then in the last 3 minutes before race starts, go through the runners with free bets, and use the @derek green up formula to make sure i get a win even if free bet horse doesnt win.
And I only went and won ! i have put a report of the races in attachment from screenshot, i hope it has come out ok. But for the first half of day, i thought this is hard work, and i never really got anywhere and was getting bored and annoyed. Then next doors washing machine flooded our yard again just as i was about to start a new race, so had to go and sort that out which i could have done without.
When i came back i remembered to put some music on. This must have helped as the second half was much easier work than first. Now there was one bit of good fortune. The £50 one, when i went to do the green up on the free bet, on that one runner, it wouldnt let me, as i was trying to do .70p green up, but it said i wasnt allowed as had to do £2 minimum, but that was too much. So all the other runners were £4 green up, and that one had to stay as £50 free bet, and it only went and won!! lol
so it ended up a good day. id have been chuffed with that if i was MB. even if i take the lucky £50 away, its still £80 win. Do that 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year and thats enough to replace the MB winnings, plus i wont get gubbed lol
So ive had another rethink, and ive decided to cancel the interview i had booked for Monday, and instead, i think im gonna be a full time sports trader. Wont bother doing any horses tomorrow, will have a look at doing some more football draw cash outs, then start again on Monday Thanks for all help and advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Daniel 'The Blues' on a very blue background

Interesting 🤔
Danny Asda

@pat not sure what you mean about the blue. Though I was using my mates special MacBook today and he is colour blind, might be something to do with that Thanks

Return to “General discussion”