Best strategy for a matched bettor

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 pm
If we try to picture the 4th dimension as ...
Like one of your extended procrastinations, travelling through time pushing actual work further and further into the distance?
napshnap

As an aside, if anybody is interested in purchasing a DuoSpa S080 hot tub, only used twice, replacement filters included, please contact me Thanks.
So it's all were about selling his hot tub. Nicly played.
Most. Original. Ads. Ever. 8-)
Kai

I don't buy any of it at this point ;)

Anbell

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am
I don't buy any of it at this point ;)

Nice graphics.

TBH I think it was probably genuine, but it did get me thinking: Imagine how much fun it would be to do the same with RaceStatsApp?

(MegaBrain: Imagine if RaceStatsApp itself is just trolling all of us)
Derek27

I think I'd rather go out train spotting than spend hours a day winding people up on an internet forum. Can't really see where the excitment/satisfaction comes from.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 pm
I think I'd rather go out train spotting than spend hours a day winding people up on an internet forum. Can't really see where the excitment/satisfaction comes from.
it's one of those weird sceanrios where the individual is sitting at home and somehow getting huge satisfation from a set of events that he/she is manufacturing in order to get a reaction... it's potentially a condition tbh and at least gaining attention here is better than some of the other alternatives that could play out (in terms of getting attention/notoriety).
Trader Pat

Congratulations!

This thread has just been awarded the 'Troll thread of the month award'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexmr2

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:30 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Like one of your extended procrastinations, travelling through time pushing actual work further and further into the distance?
I've only had 3 or 4 days off trading in 2021 :geek:
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 pm
Same place where your park bench vandalism came from? :) Ever heard the saying how idle hands are devil's playthings? :D

Setting benches or threads on fire, same difference. To be fair you and Alex have been winding each other up for months :)
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:
And you're still struggling? Perhaps you're analysing the wrong statistics? A little less time on covid deaths or lack of them and more time researching the markets could pay dividends. ;)
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:
Then that's 3 or 4 days too many in your shoes.

Determination is the only bridge between goals and accomplishments, you'll have plenty of time to procrastinate once the world is your oyster, especially at that age.

And herein probably lies your biggest issue, you can already draw some conclusions from those few words you just said. Implying that simply trading all markets like a zombie for years and endlessly doing the same things in the same market is enough and that it will casually lead somewhere on its own. What about the rest of the work??? That's where the real progress is likely to be made. Trade less, work more.

If you're spending those hours on catching up on Mandalorian, playing a few rounds of Fortnite, endlessly bantering with Derek, checking up on social media and who knows what else, then you can't seriously expect to ever catch up and compete with people who have been active since day 1.

You cannot see a real reward without real sacrifice. I shared some long-winded posts that span across 5 screens, surely forum record for long-windedness, about sacrifices I made during the first 6 months or whatever, and I couldn't even begin to describe all the necessary work and sacrifices properly, there was some serious catching up to do. The only forced breaks I ever took was when I couldn't sleep anymore, and now the markets are even harder so you do the math and calculate the required effort for anyone new looking to break in.

I would not stand for this honestly, the ego alone would refuse to take no for an answer, 3 or however many years is a long time to break through that first barrier. Those that have practically given up and are just going through the motions for lack of better things to do need to re-evaluate, and re-evaluate ASAP.

Filthy casuals only serve one purpose in the market and that's as cannon fodder.
Derek27

He's always got the 8th dimension to fall back on, which is apparently where god lives. :)
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Filthy casuals..........
That would be a great name for a dating app
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:12 pm
Kai wrote:
Filthy casuals..........
That would be a great name for a dating app
with a strapline: ".. when nothing else will wash with you!!"
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:

Then that's 3 or 4 days too many in your shoes.

Determination is the only bridge between goals and accomplishments, you'll have plenty of time to procrastinate once the world is your oyster, especially at that age.

And herein probably lies your biggest issue, you can already draw some conclusions from those few words you just said. Implying that simply trading all markets like a zombie for years and endlessly doing the same things in the same market is enough and that it will casually lead somewhere on its own. What about the rest of the work??? That's where the real progress is likely to be made. Trade less, work more.

If you're spending those hours on catching up on Mandalorian, playing a few rounds of Fortnite, endlessly bantering with Derek, checking up on social media and who knows what else, then you can't seriously expect to ever catch up and compete with people who have been active since day 1.

You cannot see a real reward without real sacrifice. I shared some long-winded posts that span across 5 screens, surely forum record for long-windedness, about sacrifices I made during the first 6 months or whatever, and I couldn't even begin to describe all the necessary work and sacrifices properly, there was some serious catching up to do. The only forced breaks I ever took was when I couldn't sleep anymore, and now the markets are even harder so you do the math and calculate the required effort for anyone new looking to break in.

I would not stand for this honestly, the ego alone would refuse to take no for an answer, 3 or however many years is a long time to break through that first barrier. Those that have practically given up and are just going through the motions for lack of better things to do need to re-evaluate, and re-evaluate ASAP.

Filthy casuals only serve one purpose in the market and that's as cannon fodder.
I appreciate your helpful intentions but you seem to draw a lot of conclusions from a few forum posts. I'm aware that trading takes a lot of sacrifice, it's a 7 day a week and constantly adapting way of life, but you imply that humans have to be productive 100% of the time.

RE: posting off topic more than on topic, I'm sure you know that a lot of trading related things in this zero sum game aren't posted publicly on forums for thousands of people to see for a reason, and there is no reason why I should expect people who make a living from this to give anything away which could affect their edge

I'm aware that this isn't easy and needs constant practice and reviewing, I've learned a lot about trading in the last few weeks and spotted 2 or 3 siginificant things in the markets that I didn't notice or understand before so I'm not just being a zombie that chases the price all day and never thinks to change my behaviour

Return to “General discussion”