Best strategy for a matched bettor

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm
.. I remember how gutted I was when all the bookies pulled the plug on me, only it wasn't the end of the world, I just went back to trading.
that was literally me 6 years ago. got serious gubbings on willhill and lads pretty much all on the same day. i was very serious and careful with all the precautions (mpsnare, fresh ip addresses, fresh ids(cough) etc). on the plus side, it meant that when i came to betfair *properly* my lifetime p&l was WELL in the red, so gave me a little leg up before having to worry about PC or any of that stuff...

every cloud 'n all that...
I would have been suicidal if I had been matched betting at your level. :)
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm
.. I remember how gutted I was when all the bookies pulled the plug on me, only it wasn't the end of the world, I just went back to trading.
that was literally me 6 years ago. got serious gubbings on willhill and lads pretty much all on the same day. i was very serious and careful with all the precautions (mpsnare, fresh ip addresses, fresh ids(cough) etc). on the plus side, it meant that when i came to betfair *properly* my lifetime p&l was WELL in the red, so gave me a little leg up before having to worry about PC or any of that stuff...

every cloud 'n all that...
I would have been suicidal if I had been matched betting at your level. :)
suicidal throughts were never on my mind as i basked in the sun - lol
Kai

FYI my region gets gubbed in advance before they even make an account, instagubbed if you will :) They love free stuff and they overdid it so as a consequence they usually don't even have access to most of the offers. A few still make the effort and get creative on a larger scale but you'd have to be a professional criminal at that point :)
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm
A few still make the effort and get creative on a larger scale but you'd have to be a professional criminal at that point :)
i'll get me coat.... :lol:
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm
A few still make the effort and get creative on a larger scale but you'd have to be a professional criminal at that point :)
i'll get me coat.... :lol:
Not so fast Jimbo, or whatever your name is :D
Danny Asda

Ok finished the power nap, bit longer than expected, but head less fuzzy now. Lots to take in again here, thanks to everyone for help and advice.

@derek I do want to learn, that’s why I’m asking for a strategy to learn to get me on my way.I don’t want a magic money tree, I’d be happy with a small garden shrub, or even an indoor money cactus. I don’t need to earn lots of money, just enough to replace my MB earnings.
@wearthefoxhat thanks mate. That’s more what I was after, I’ve used Betdaq when they had 0% promo so have account, never thought about using them and betfair together, will look in to that and maybe give it a try tomorrow or Friday Thanks.
@iggypop I have done some shop arbing, or Sharbing as we called it on the forum. Problem was there is only one betfred where I live and the staff in there were soon on to me. I used to get the train into town where there were more shops, but by the time I’d paid my passenger fare and bought dinner and sometimes even tea it wasn’t worth my while and as you say they gub you even quicker than online though Thanks for idea.
@goat thanks for advice, I think I will need day job, especially if it’s gonna take so long to learn but want to try and keep this going if I can. But that makes sense what you say Thanks
@kai I can’t see sub forum yet, not sure if I get to 100 posts, but 500 a day would be plenty for me, more than enough . Don’t think I will ask derek for another system yet, will try out the other system first Thanks
Derek27

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm
@derek I do want to learn, that’s why I’m asking for a strategy to learn to get me on my way.I don’t want a magic money tree, I’d be happy with a small garden shrub, or even an indoor money cactus. I don’t need to earn lots of money, just enough to replace my MB earnings.
There's not much chance of learning anything here because you don't seem to listen to a word anyone says! Good luck!
Danny Asda

@derek I have been listening, there is just such an awful lot to take in. I will have another read later after Tenable and Tipping Point has finished Thanks.
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Joking aside, not sure if anyone has mentioned but the profitable system download subforum section is locked, it only becomes visible to new contributors when they reach 100 posts. Obviously due to forum policy, I'm sure you understand, otherwise anyone could just come in and profit from our work and it encourages posters to contribute more, plus Betfair would just gub us faster too so it's a win/win/win.

But at 100+ posts you only get basic strategies anyway, they just go up to 500 quid profit per day so not much to get excited about
Some people even managed to unlock this section just by posting in the coronavirus thread. Derek still won't say what he unlocked at 10k posts but my guess is a 15% discount voucher for the £24k football course
Danny Asda

Ok, I’ve had time now to sit and reflect, and I’ve had another skim through the replies during tipping point. I’ve decided that although I’d love to make the leap from matched bettor to sports trader, that I’m just not ready to do so.
It seems way too complicated, way too risky, and way too much like hard work.
Thanks to all those who offered their systems and strategies.
Thanks to @derek who was brutally honest with me about the uphill struggle I faced. Whilst your words seemed harsh, I appreciate them, and I thank you for not misleading me or sugar coating the task at hand. I appreciate your honesty, you’re a real straight shooter. I’ve decided to abandon this dream for now, and start looking for a job on Monday. To be honest, whilst I was pretty good at MB, I don’t think I would have been any good at this anyway. So thanks again @derek, you’ve probably just saved me wasting 20 years of my life that I’ll never get back.

As an aside, if anybody is interested in purchasing a DuoSpa S080 hot tub, only used twice, replacement filters included, please contact me Thanks.
jimibt

sounds like a good plan b :lol:

ShaunWhite

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
I will have another read later after Tenable and Tipping Point has finished Thanks.
You might want to change your viewing habits, Only Connect would be a better warm up.

I saw Tipping Point a while ago and one question was "What's the first letter of the alphabet...." and I was expecting more question like "that has 2 degrees of symmetry" or something, but that was it. :D .. (btw it's 'A' for anyone who's unsure)

I'm missing quizzy Mondays already now that OC and UC have both had their finals :( ....still got Round Britain Quiz though so all is not lost.
Kai

wearthefoxhat

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

As an aside, if anybody is interested in purchasing a DuoSpa S080 hot tub, only used twice, replacement filters included, please contact me Thanks.
Does is it come complete with the algae?
alexmr2

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm
sounds like a good plan b :lol:

1. Use the hot tub to build a time machine to go back to the year 2000
2. Arb and trade on betfair for 10 years before XM is introduced
3. Spend all your money on Bitcoin, Amazon and Apple stocks
4. Wait 11 years then in 2021 become a billionaire

Return to “General discussion”