TPD (Total performance data)

A place to discuss anything.
StellaBot

My understanding
jockeys are in "control "of the reins
that will vary from "instructions", jockey horse course etc etc
so a tug of the rein reason will vary at many different times during a race for many different reasons
I think an overall "average"speed can be found
other than that
I would like to know otherwise
Euler

Probably ends any other vendor adopting the feed?
megarain

Yeah - was my take too.

Will Duff Gordon, CEO of Total Performance Data says, “Bet Mover already had thousands of users and some great features so when Nigel (who we knew from his work to show the TPD data on Geegeez) asked if he could make our live content dance, we were delighted to make this happen.

Not sure where the thousands of users are hiding.
jamesg46

Problem TPD have imo is that it's a nice feed to have but from what I gather it's not a necessity.

Further to that traders want flexibility, they want multiple sports to trade, with the option of automation & data collection, Betmover is a one trick pony offering just horse racing, with the main selling point being TPD. At best it's a bolt on & the best place for it would of been in a piece of software that traders love to use.

Shame really because i thought the par times, section times, pace comparison was good, it just lacked the right software to go with it.
Euler

megarain wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 pm
Yeah - was my take too.

Will Duff Gordon, CEO of Total Performance Data says, “Bet Mover already had thousands of users and some great features so when Nigel (who we knew from his work to show the TPD data on Geegeez) asked if he could make our live content dance, we were delighted to make this happen.

It's not listed anywhere on the site, but I managed to work out the company behind it. Doesn't scream of thousands of customers, so I guess it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and TPD probably didn't have the in-house skill or resource.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:56 pm
megarain wrote:
Yeah - was my take too.

It's not listed anywhere on the site, but I managed to work out the company behind it. Doesn't scream of thousands of customers, so I guess it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and TPD probably didn't have the in-house skill or resource.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

Could of been many thousands that took up the 7 day free trial. (I was one of them)

I quickly came to the conclusion, BA's IP trader is better and has more functionality.
The Silk Run

Euler wrote:
megarain wrote:
Yeah - was my take too.

TPD is owned by former Paddy Power Betfair employees !!! We discovered this on a sniff test prior to subscription.
The Silk Run

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Euler wrote:
megarain wrote:
Yeah - was my take too.

Could of been many thousands that took up the 7 day free trial. (I was one of them)

I quickly came to the conclusion, BA's IP trader is better and has more functionality.
I concur. The BA in-play trader interface is VERY GOOD. Worked well for me ...
iambic_pentameter

https://twitter.com/TPDZone/status/1455473298075176962

Re this tweet mentioning Bet Angel and Bet Mover integration, are there any other details available?

Iambic
Euler

We have integrated TPD data within the automation features of Bet Angel and version 1.58 will be released on Monday.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:20 pm
We have integrated TPD data within the automation features of Bet Angel and version 1.58 will be released on Monday.
Interesting. Would you still need to buy the right to use from TDP ie subscription?
If TDP is already present on the betfair Account (ie betfair have allocated the feed to the Betfair username) will it work the same way with betangel?
Thanks
Seth

A very low key announcement, any more info on what will be included?
Euler

We will announce more information on Monday. We hadn't anticipated talking about it much before Monday.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:38 pm
We will announce more information on Monday. We hadn't anticipated talking about it much before Monday.
I realise we will hear will more on Monday. Just a little curious, will the current B.A. IP-Trader look/behave differently?

Return to “General discussion”