Credibility

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm
I'm not sensitive about it, I actually recognise it myself. "Because obviously I understand I was behaving like an idiot". That is me putting myself into Pats comment, not Pat directly referring to me.

The people involved were usually the same each time & considering Pat made reference to the recent off the rail events and that being down to a handful of idiots, says to me that he's referring to those usual people. My point is, if we have drawn a line and are moving forward what good will it do to call them idiots, true as it may be. It doesn't help, because here we are.

It wasn't a dig at Pat, what he said is very true... I just don't see the point or how it helps. We can all carry on passing judgement or we can draw the line, it's that simple. We don't need any fancy bells, just a conversation that can be discussed without the perception that this idiot is trying to attack you... may take some time.

I really can't believe another thread has ended up here.

James I would completely understand where you're coming from if I called you out by name but I didn't. You describe yourself as an idiot but then have an issue when I reference a group of idiots. :?

I think I should underline where I stand on this issue so there can be no confusion. If I was referring to you or anyone else specifically I'd use your name. I'm not trying to provoke you because I have no interest in engaging with you or your BS at all. You did your best to wind certain people up then you apologised for it, then you found other people to wind up and again you apologised, see a pattern here? At some point in the future you'll do it again and I don't want any part of it. A few weeks back I tried unsuccessfully to ignore you and I got sucked back in, and I'm ashamed to even say that because it sounds so childish. Like most other people here I have better things to do with my time than to argue with an avatar on a forum.

The forum is a brilliant resource whether your a newbie or a veteran and I don't want to play any part in hijacking or derailing threads.

I didn't want to say any of this but I feel its necessary to avoid any more misunderstandings.
Kai

Is this my confirmation bias talking or are these 2 an actual old married couple
footysystems

@Kai :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Is this my confirmation bias talking or are these 2 an actual old married couple
When you include Derek its more like a menage a trois but I've just filed for divorce
The Silk Run

I think my Barbie dolls have more credibility, at least I have authentification certificates. What happened to the Pc2, I'm confused !!!
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm
I'm not sensitive about it, I actually recognise it myself. "Because obviously I understand I was behaving like an idiot". That is me putting myself into Pats comment, not Pat directly referring to me.

The people involved were usually the same each time & considering Pat made reference to the recent off the rail events and that being down to a handful of idiots, says to me that he's referring to those usual people. My point is, if we have drawn a line and are moving forward what good will it do to call them idiots, true as it may be. It doesn't help, because here we are.

It wasn't a dig at Pat, what he said is very true... I just don't see the point or how it helps. We can all carry on passing judgement or we can draw the line, it's that simple. We don't need any fancy bells, just a conversation that can be discussed without the perception that this idiot is trying to attack you... may take some time.

I really can't believe another thread has ended up here.

James I would completely understand where you're coming from if I called you out by name but I didn't. You describe yourself as an idiot but then have an issue when I reference a group of idiots. :?

I think I should underline where I stand on this issue so there can be no confusion. If I was referring to you or anyone else specifically I'd use your name. I'm not trying to provoke you because I have no interest in engaging with you or your BS at all. You did your best to wind certain people up then you apologised for it, then you found other people to wind up and again you apologised, see a pattern here? At some point in the future you'll do it again and I don't want any part of it. A few weeks back I tried unsuccessfully to ignore you and I got sucked back in, and I'm ashamed to even say that because it sounds so childish. Like most other people here I have better things to do with my time than to argue with an avatar on a forum.

The forum is a brilliant resource whether your a newbie or a veteran and I don't want to play any part in hijacking or derailing threads.

I didn't want to say any of this but I feel its necessary to avoid any more misunderstandings.
No need to start getting nasty. I know who those handful of people were that you referred to, I was part of the off the rail threads, a process of eliminating those that didn't participate etc etc. But still referring to people on the forum as idiots isn't helpful (be it me or any group), I'm sorry you misunderstood that this was my only point.

Be it you choose to engage with me or anyone else in the future is irrelevant, looking backwards & down on groups of people with a morally superior judgement hardly promotes forward looking positive content that's helpful.

Anyway, I don't think we're being productive & me engaging with you isn't welcome so time for me to knock this conversation on it's head, hopefully we can be more positive about others & the future. Rather than looking backwards.
Tuco

...come on fellas - 'bury the hatchet' if you can :)
jamesg46

Tuco wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:52 pm
...come on fellas - 'bury the hatchet' if you can :)
I'll raise a glass. :D
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm
No need to start getting nasty. I know who those handful of people were that you referred to, I was part of the off the rail threads, a process of eliminating those that didn't participate etc etc. But still referring to people on the forum as idiots isn't helpful (be it me or any group), I'm sorry you misunderstood that this was my only point.

Be it you choose to engage with me or anyone else in the future is irrelevant, looking backwards & down on groups of people with a morally superior judgement hardly promotes forward looking positive content that's helpful.

Anyway, I don't think we're being productive & me engaging with you isn't welcome so time for me to knock this conversation on it's head, hopefully we can be more positive about others & the future. Rather than looking backwards.

And that handful of people know who they are to, it doesn't need to be underlined so we're arguing a moot point.

Don't see how I'm being nasty and I'm definitely not being morally superior, I've come to realise I'm probably the biggest idiot for getting involved in this rubbish. In real life I'd walk away from conversations like this so in that respect its definitely Trolls 1- Me 0. Idiots / Trolls have won, I'm admitting defeat, because I look like a complete muppet to the rest of the forum!

I'll leave you with the last word in this conversation James, I know how important that is to you.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

And that handful of people know who they are to, it doesn't need to be underlined so we're arguing a moot point.

Don't see how I'm being nasty and I'm definitely not being morally superior, I've come to realise I'm probably the biggest idiot for getting involved in this rubbish. In real life I'd walk away from conversations like this so in that respect its definitely Trolls 1- Me 0. Idiots / Trolls have won, I'm admitting defeat, because I look like a complete muppet to the rest of the forum!

I'll leave you with the last word in this conversation James, I know how important that is to you.
I don't see it as a win/lose conversation & certainly not an argument, although the digs probably are a sign it could of been heading that way.

Furthermore, you're certainly no idiot but happy to lay this to bed & look forward to better times, regardless of us being engaged/married or whatever :D
Kai

Tuco

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm
regardless of us being engaged/married or whatever :D
...perhaps a 'conscious uncoupling' :lol:
Kai

This is basically how your argument loop looks like for the past few weeks, not even joking

jamesg46 : whats your problem mate

Trader Pat : i dont have a problem, what is YOUR problem

jamesg46 : i dont have a problem, what is YOUR problem

Trader Pat : ok drop it then idiot

jamesg46 : fine lets drop it... wait who you calling idiot

Trader Pat : whats your problem mate

Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:

I don't want to continue an argument or bickering but I just want to bring to your attention an important inconsistency.

You think calling someone an idiot is unacceptable but you suggested greenmark is retarded (which can mean mentally backward), but at the same time you object to your own mental health being questioned by Arron, which may have been a jibe, may have been genuine concern, a bit of both or a light-hearted remark. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I realise you've apologised about it but since then you've called Black Ladder unintelligent because he wrote 'their' instead of 'there', which is what drew me back into the bickering. Is 'unintelligent' any different to 'idiot'? Then you keep telling us to draw a line on the issue. Putting an issue behind you doesn't mean it's literally forgotten about so you've got a free pass to tell people off for doing what you were doing yesterday.
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

I don't want to continue an argument or bickering but I just want to bring to your attention an important inconsistency.

You think calling someone an idiot is unacceptable but you suggested greenmark is retarded (which can mean mentally backward), but at the same time you object to your mental health being questioned by Arron, which may have been a jibe, may have been genuine concern, a bit of both or a light-hearted remark. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I realise you've apologised about it but you're immediately shooting down posters for the very slightest of reasons.

If I never contribute anything else to the forum I'm just glad that somebody else can see what I do and the hypocrisy of it

Return to “General discussion”