Credibility

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Am I sensing a breakout of good will to all men? After the recent arguments the make-up sex is gonna be out of this world!
Screenshot_18.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

This would have been on the rant thread if it wasn't relevant, but I've just got an email from Accu asking me if I like my 65mm M10 hex bolts and if I'd like to give a positive review on their site. FFS, they're just bolts, what can I say except they fit an M10 nut and haven't broken after two months!!
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Am I sensing a breakout of good will to all men? After the recent arguments the make-up sex is gonna be out of this world!
Screenshot_18.png
:lol:

Maybe. I don't want spend time around negative environments as much as anyone else. So with that in mind it was only natural that I'd have enough of me at some point, considering if I'm to be honest, I was the main cause.
Kai

Wouldn't a class system invite more classism and lead to more tension and bickering overall?

Wasn't all the bickering completely unrelated to trading?

Isn't most of the forum advice generally in alignment anyway with the very few exceptions getting challenged or corrected right away?
ShaunWhite

Just noticing that one sign of doing OK is which people who have too much time on their hands :lol:

I'm foolish saying I do OK at this, I'm only ever one market shift away from heading down again. I envy you manual guys who can just play what you see rather than having to throwing your whole idea in the bin and starting again.

Incidentally that's why I favour seeing trading as value seeking (just lots of back and lays) rather than sentiment/movement seeking. Value should be an earner whatever happens and work on everything from greyhounds to Bulgarian ping pong. Auto is suited to that job too whereas it impossible to automated how a manual trader operates, even AI can't figure that out which is either high praise for the manual guys or a reflection on how limited AI is still.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:42 pm
Back in the days I had a well paying but dull job I'd just spunk mug money on Betfair all day out of boredom and it added up. Plus my terrible first try at trading in about 06 with some 4 figure losses. I was using some crappy software called STW back then and knowledge was hard to find too. When Lehmans had their meltdown work and money dried up and I didn't have a bet for 10yrs. It was a happy day I broke lifetime even and got it back though. ;)
That's how I started on Betfair. When I got paid at the end of the month I'd set aside a set amount for Betfair and just mug punt, had some crazy rollercoaster rides! Did it like that for almost a year and pretty much broke even but looking back I don't think I enjoyed a single second of, when you win you just feel relief rather than enjoyment. The lows felt lower than the highs felt high, if that makes sense. I generated quite a bit of commission though so that came in handy down the line. :)

Hopefully the 'like button' suggestion is implemented, it would be good if a year or two down the line you were able to see what the most liked posts were on the forum, and maybe be able to see most popular posts by month, year & all time.

I think if there is to be a thumbs up option there should also be a thumbs down option for the sake of balance.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:08 pm
I was the main cause.
Screenshot_19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Screenshot_18.png

Something for everyone....

everyone.png
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Wouldn't a class system invite more classism and lead to more tension and bickering overall?

Isn't most of the forum advice generally in alignment anyway with the very few exceptions getting challenged or corrected right away?
That's a fair point. When you look at some of the Martingale threads you wouldn't need a thumbs up/down system to summarize.
Kai

Too soon for memes lads? I think Peter/Dallas would like more feedback and for the forum to reach a rough consensus at least, on any potential upgrades etc.
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:10 pm

That's a fair point. When you look at some of the Martingale threads you wouldn't need a thumbs up/down system to summarize.
Just a few random questions really... But a simple like/dislike button wouldn't be of much use, what if a newbie sorts the posts by "likes" thinking he's going to find some trading nuggets but only finds memes or stupid jokes? :lol: Yikes, he'll be off back to matched betting the next day.

And an optional title below the username could be a decent idea, where forumites could put whatever they want like fulltimer or PC payer etc. This would give credit to those that deserve it the most and those that want it, while the newbies at least get an indication as to whose advice to pay more attention to and whose rants to completely ignore? :D Sorry about the last part, couldn't resist.
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm
I don't pay PC
You don't??? 🧐 I say, old bean! I must express my astonishment of your claim!

I propose a motion to ban this impostor at once!!!!!
:lol: If you dig a big enough hole....
I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
You had long breaks there so cant really count that as 18 years, well done on turning it around anyway.
greenmark

Honestly, this thread sounds like the formation of BA premier league. That's a shame for me because I won't qualify. But also I'm surprised it hasn't happened already via PM's.
If it happens, good luck to you guys. The forum has fallen from it's brilliant focus and intelligent debate in recent months. And I admit I've probably contributed to that fall in quality. So, kick me out if you wish, it'll be "so long and thanks for all the fish". :-)
Kai

Well, that's exactly the sort of classism that should be avoided imho
Trader Pat

There'd be no harm giving it a go. If after 6 months or so its creating more division the team can just get rid of it and we can go back to ignoring each other!
Derek27

A newbie seeking advice from experienced traders is much the same as seeking advice from solicitors. You don't understand the law but are still equipped to decide if you have confidence in the solicitor's advice. One guy told me on this forum that just because I have a high post count doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about! Newbies could take the same view with high kudos posters.

Return to “General discussion”