A place to discuss anything.
Kai

Tuco

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm
regardless of us being engaged/married or whatever :D
...perhaps a 'conscious uncoupling' :lol:
Kai

This is basically how your argument loop looks like for the past few weeks, not even joking

jamesg46 : whats your problem mate

Trader Pat : i dont have a problem, what is YOUR problem

jamesg46 : i dont have a problem, what is YOUR problem

Trader Pat : ok drop it then idiot

jamesg46 : fine lets drop it... wait who you calling idiot

Trader Pat : whats your problem mate

Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm
No need to start getting nasty. I know who those handful of people were that you referred to, I was part of the off the rail threads, a process of eliminating those that didn't participate etc etc. But still referring to people on the forum as idiots isn't helpful (be it me or any group), I'm sorry you misunderstood that this was my only point.

Be it you choose to engage with me or anyone else in the future is irrelevant, looking backwards & down on groups of people with a morally superior judgement hardly promotes forward looking positive content that's helpful.
I don't want to continue an argument or bickering but I just want to bring to your attention an important inconsistency.

You think calling someone an idiot is unacceptable but you suggested greenmark is retarded (which can mean mentally backward), but at the same time you object to your own mental health being questioned by Arron, which may have been a jibe, may have been genuine concern, a bit of both or a light-hearted remark. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I realise you've apologised about it but since then you've called Black Ladder unintelligent because he wrote 'their' instead of 'there', which is what drew me back into the bickering. Is 'unintelligent' any different to 'idiot'? Then you keep telling us to draw a line on the issue. Putting an issue behind you doesn't mean it's literally forgotten about so you've got a free pass to tell people off for doing what you were doing yesterday.
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
No need to start getting nasty. I know who those handful of people were that you referred to, I was part of the off the rail threads, a process of eliminating those that didn't participate etc etc. But still referring to people on the forum as idiots isn't helpful (be it me or any group), I'm sorry you misunderstood that this was my only point.

Be it you choose to engage with me or anyone else in the future is irrelevant, looking backwards & down on groups of people with a morally superior judgement hardly promotes forward looking positive content that's helpful.
I don't want to continue an argument or bickering but I just want to bring to your attention an important inconsistency.

You think calling someone an idiot is unacceptable but you suggested greenmark is retarded (which can mean mentally backward), but at the same time you object to your mental health being questioned by Arron, which may have been a jibe, may have been genuine concern, a bit of both or a light-hearted remark. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I realise you've apologised about it but you're immediately shooting down posters for the very slightest of reasons.

If I never contribute anything else to the forum I'm just glad that somebody else can see what I do and the hypocrisy of it
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:12 pm
Absolutely perfect. :lol: My feeling exactly.
Anbell

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 pm
This is basically how your argument loop looks like for the past few weeks, not even joking

jamesg46 : OK. I'll be quiet now.

jamesg46 : OK. I'll stop now.

jamesg46 : OK. No more from me.

jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

You think calling someone an idiot is unacceptable but you suggested greenmark is retarded (which can mean mentally backward), but at the same time you object to your own mental health being questioned by Arron, which may have been a jibe, may have been genuine concern, a bit of both or a light-hearted remark. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I realise you've apologised about it but since then you've called Black Ladder unintelligent because he wrote 'their' instead of 'there', which is what drew me back into the bickering. Is 'unintelligent' any different to 'idiot'? Then you keep telling us to draw a line on the issue. Putting an issue behind you doesn't mean it's literally forgotten about so you've got a free pass to tell people off for doing what you were doing yesterday.
I really didn't expect this to get bent out of shape but this is my point in hopefully a more understandable way.

Forum comment: "let draw a line under all of this"

Forum: ok, lets see how we can improve content.

Pat: Idiot comment.

Me: let's not do that anymore, it's not helpful.

This is why I said, im not sure you have drawn a line under it Pat.

I know what I've done and said in the past, the point is, lets draw a line under it and move on. How is that possible if we are still going to refer to people as idiots.
jamesg46

Anbell wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:17 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 pm

This is true.

The notification of replies keep coming and.as long as we can all stay relatively calm its ok.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:20 pm
I know what I've done and said in the past, the point is, lets draw a line under it and move on. How is that possible if we are still going to refer to people as idiots.
It's perfectly possible. The word idiot is a very very mildly offensive word - I was called far worse when I was five years old without getting upset. How is it possible to move on if such a minor comment causes you to respond?

I'm sorry James, but after what you posted on the locked thread, including calling a recently deceased man "a piece of shit"; apologising, pretending it never happened and now lecturing the rest of the forum on how they should behave is not the way forward. If you hadn't taken issue with Pat's comment which seemed harmless enough to me, Pat wouldn't have responded, I wouldn't have responded, Kai wouldn't be posting memes and perhaps it would all have been forgotten. I'm afraid you're the one who won't let it die!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:00 am
jamesg46 wrote:
It's perfectly possible. The word idiot is a very very mildly offensive word - I was called far worse when I was five years old without getting upset. How is it possible to move on if such a minor comment causes you to respond?

I'm sorry James, but after what you posted on the locked thread, including calling a recently deceased man "a piece of shit"; apologising, pretending it never happened and now lecturing the rest of the forum on how they should behave is not the way forward. If you hadn't taken issue with Pat's comment which seemed harmless enough to me, Pat wouldn't have responded, I wouldn't have responded, Kai wouldn't be posting memes and perhaps it would all have been forgotten. I'm afraid you're the one who won't let it die!
Fair enough, two wrongs make a right.

I get it, I can't speak on a subject because of things I've previously said. No worries, see no credible certificate needed :D
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:18 am
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I get it, I can't speak on a subject because of things I've previously said. No worries, see no credible certificate needed :D
This will be my last response on the issue (unless you specifically request one) as we're clearly getting nowhere.

If a man lets his wife down by being 15 minutes late, after she's let off a bit of steam, he can expect the matter to be forgotten. If it's not, two days later he can tell her to draw a line under it, that's fair enough.

On the other hand, if he's caught shagging her sister, that's a different matter. He's lucky if he's forgiven at all. He may well be, but he shouldn't take it for granted or be saying, "draw a line and move on".

What I'm saying is, in a nutshell, after some of your comments the other week, your indifference when people got upset and called for you to be banned from the forum, and your meaningless apology given that it's happened before, you're not in a position to tell people to draw a line. Let forumites decide.

I'm actually anti-monarchy and wasn't personally offended by your comments but was still astounded by how little you cared when others were getting angry over what was obviously a sensitive matter.

It would have been sensible, in my opinion, to have laid low for a few days and let the dust settle. I appreciate you were just trying to help a newbie and Black Ladder quickly stuck the boot in, but it was predictable that somebody might do that, and you were quick to argue back as though you've forgiven yourself, or think an apology means automatic forgiveness.

My advice to you is to carefully read the Duke of Edingburgh thread again, stop and think after every post. Get a feel for what the poster is thinking. The problem with simply apologising, forgetting all about it and moving on is that it happens all over again because you've forgotten all about it. I should know because that's exactly what a former girlfriend of mine did for a year. ;)
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
I put forward my skeptic views on the pandemic and was quickly labelled a conspiracy theorist nutcase for questioning the government and BBC. A lot of the time I would respond with some light-hearted and overexagurated nonsense about Bill Gates to calm the tone but not everyone shares the same sense of humour...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're dead right there!

Do all the others that believe in the Bill Gates vaccine share your sense of humour or are they nutjobs?
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:36 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:18 am
Derek27 wrote:

This will be my last response on the issue (unless you specifically request one) as we're clearly getting nowhere.

If a man lets his wife down by being 15 minutes late, after she's let off a bit of steam, he can expect the matter to be forgotten. If it's not, two days later he can tell her to draw a line under it, that's fair enough.

On the other hand, if he's caught shagging her sister, that's a different matter. He's lucky if he's forgiven at all. He may well be, but he shouldn't take it for granted or be saying, "draw a line and move on".

What I'm saying is, in a nutshell, after some of your comments the other week, your indifference when people got upset and called for you to be banned from the forum, and your meaningless apology given that it's happened before, you're not in a position to tell people to draw a line. Let forumites decide.

I'm actually anti-monarchy and wasn't personally offended by your comments but was still astounded by how little you cared when others were getting angry over what was obviously a sensitive matter.

It would have been sensible, in my opinion, to have laid low for a few days and let the dust settle. I appreciate you were just trying to help a newbie and Black Ladder quickly stuck the boot in, but it was predictable that somebody might do that, and you were quick to argue back as though you've forgiven yourself, or think an apology means automatic forgiveness.

My advice to you is to carefully read the Duke of Edingburgh thread again, stop and think after every post. Get a feel for what the poster is thinking. The problem with simply apologising, forgetting all about it and moving on is that it happens all over again because you've forgotten all about it. I should know because that's exactly what a former girlfriend of mine did for a year. ;)
Just to point out, I'm only echoing the draw a line sentence.

Thanks for your advice, I'm all over it. Scouts honour.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 am
Just to point out, I'm only echoing the draw a line sentence.
When you 'echo' a sentence, you're making a statement yourself, or endorsing it, unless you clearly state that you're just quoting the person who made it.

Return to “General discussion”