Credibility

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

LeTiss brought up the knotty issue of assessing the creditability of advice again but it got lost in that thread. PC is one way but even a lucky newbie can pay that until the wheels fall off, and I don't pay PC even though this pays my bills, so....

What's missing that other trades have ? an Association/Federation/Institute of Master Sports Traders.
£20 quid a year, you sent in your PL, you get a certificate and a sticker for your van :) The big guys can apply for a gold certificate ...but that's £40.

I might do it, I reckon I could get 10 members and that's enough for a christmas dinner & drinks.
Trader Pat

A certificate, a t-shirt and a secret handshake and I'm in!
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 pm
A certificate, a t-shirt and a secret handshake and I'm in!
i'll setup an offshore company to produce the fake items....
LeTiss

My suggestion was purely designed to identify to new arrivals the people who do this successfully, and therefore are worth listening to

One way I suppose is to allow us to like posts!
The one thing I have noticed with Bet Angel forum over the years, is that fantastic little nuggets quite often get lost in amongst large threads
Having an ability to like posts will help us all find really good comments that have escaped our attention
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm
The one thing I have noticed with Bet Angel forum over the years, is that fantastic little nuggets quite often get lost in amongst large threads
Having an ability to like posts will help us all find really good comments that have escaped our attention
+1
Archery1969

LeTiss wrote:
My suggestion was purely designed to identify to new arrivals the people who do this successfully, and therefore are worth listening to

+1
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:

Thats been on the to do list for a while now so now is probably a good time to look at it again
Danny Asda

@shaun I made a oner on Friday. Can I have a certificate?
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
fantastic little nuggets quite often get lost in amongst large threads
I'm fairly sure that everything that's useful has already been said, somewhere.
It's like the movie industry, nobody has seen every film that's ever been made but they keep making more, and now there's so many you don't know where to start.
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm
I don't pay PC
You don't??? 🧐 I say, old bean! I must express my astonishment of your claim!

I propose a motion to ban this impostor at once!!!!!
ShaunWhite

Danny Asda wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 pm
@shaun I made a oner on Friday. Can I have a certificate?
When you've doubled it to £2 you can.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I don't pay PC

:lol: If you dig a big enough hole....
I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I should put that on the "How long does it take to make money" thread....

About 18years when you're a slow learner, but that includes my 'wilderness years' :roll:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
I don't pay PC

:lol: If you dig a big enough hole....
I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
I remember you mentioning you were gambling before and had a heavy loss, thereby not paying PC. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw LeTiss's post.

PC isn't the be all and end all. A Martingaler could be paying PC. You generally get a feel for who's talking sense by the nature and detail of their posts and how they respond to questions if suggestions are challenged. On top of that you'd have 40% PC payers who aren't fussed about the McDonald's gold star and don't bother sending in their proof.

LeTiss's kudos idea is plausible but it would only be useful to newbies if forumites used it only for trading specific matters and not because a forumite (who could potentially be a good trader) is talking utter bollocks about a non-trading matter, being impolite, etc.
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:07 pm
LeTiss's kudos idea is plausible but it would only be useful to newbies if forumites used it only for trading specific matters and not because a forumite (who could potentially be a good trader) is talking utter bollocks about a non-trading matter, being impolite, etc.
That buggers myself then :lol: :lol:

Return to “General discussion”