Credibility

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Danny Asda wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 pm
@shaun I made a oner on Friday. Can I have a certificate?
When you've doubled it to £2 you can.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm
I don't pay PC
You don't??? 🧐 I say, old bean! I must express my astonishment of your claim!

I propose a motion to ban this impostor at once!!!!!
:lol: If you dig a big enough hole....
I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I should put that on the "How long does it take to make money" thread....

About 18years when you're a slow learner, but that includes my 'wilderness years' :roll:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Kai wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
I don't pay PC

I'd paid a shed load of commission before I made net profitable and I'm still at about 45% comm/gross lifetime.
Screenshot_17.png
I remember you mentioning you were gambling before and had a heavy loss, thereby not paying PC. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw LeTiss's post.

PC isn't the be all and end all. A Martingaler could be paying PC. You generally get a feel for who's talking sense by the nature and detail of their posts and how they respond to questions if suggestions are challenged. On top of that you'd have 40% PC payers who aren't fussed about the McDonald's gold star and don't bother sending in their proof.

LeTiss's kudos idea is plausible but it would only be useful to newbies if forumites used it only for trading specific matters and not because a forumite (who could potentially be a good trader) is talking utter bollocks about a non-trading matter, being impolite, etc.
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:07 pm
LeTiss's kudos idea is plausible but it would only be useful to newbies if forumites used it only for trading specific matters and not because a forumite (who could potentially be a good trader) is talking utter bollocks about a non-trading matter, being impolite, etc.
That buggers myself then :lol: :lol:
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
I don't pay PC

Screenshot_17.png
When I next get asked how long does it take to get profitable I can point people here and say up to 18 years.

Well done for turning it around. I was encouraging DoctorC on twitter over a year ago to pursue that aim. He had also had been negative for ages and has turned it around in a year. I love a good turnaround story!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
I remember you mentioning you were gambling before and had a heavy loss, thereby not paying PC.
Back in the days I had a well paying but dull job I'd just spunk mug money on Betfair all day out of boredom and it added up. Plus my terrible first try at trading in about 06 with some 4 figure losses. I was using some crappy software called STW back then and knowledge was hard to find too. When Lehmans had their meltdown work and money dried up and I didn't have a bet for 10yrs. It was a happy day I broke lifetime even and got it back though. ;)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:

Screenshot_17.png
I remember you mentioning you were gambling before and had a heavy loss, thereby not paying PC. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw LeTiss's post.

PC isn't the be all and end all. A Martingaler could be paying PC. You generally get a feel for who's talking sense by the nature and detail of their posts and how they respond to questions if suggestions are challenged. On top of that you'd have 40% PC payers who aren't fussed about the McDonald's gold star and don't bother sending in their proof.

I agree with you completely. The idea LeTiss put forward is imo a really good one. Sure it has some downside, I mean there is people who just hit like on every response no matter what, & it could be skewed towards liking the actual person but overall I think good content will get more likes.. therefore creating an area where we can search for content by most likes could help keep golden nuggets at the front end of the forum, rather than me behaving like a child.

I'm not so sure about a credibility system but if others think it's good then so be it. I think it haa potential to create division, a 2 group structure, the credibles & the fodder type situation... you're not credible so what you say doesn't hold weight attitude will almost certainly be created imo. Internally within the structure too, I pay more than you do so my opinion holds more credibility, I make that assumption because proving what you make will naturally create an invisible type list of top earners in comparison to bottom earners.

This is all I'm going to say on the matter, I don't want to argue, it's just my opinion & if others have different views I'll respectfully keep an open mind. Whatever happens, I can see the intention is to simply help improve content & I'm sure the team will make the right choice, they seem to have a proven record in good/positive improvements.
sniffer66

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm
My suggestion was purely designed to identify to new arrivals the people who do this successfully, and therefore are worth listening to

One way I suppose is to allow us to like posts!
The one thing I have noticed with Bet Angel forum over the years, is that fantastic little nuggets quite often get lost in amongst large threads
Having an ability to like posts will help us all find really good comments that have escaped our attention
I'd like this post, if I was able
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:39 pm
I love a good turnaround story!
👍
I've since realised it's about going down slowly enough so a turnaround doesn't take a lifetime. And my old chestnut... "don't run out of money before you run out of lessons" On trading try #1 I was done before I'd sussed the basics.
ShaunWhite

Am I sensing a breakout of good will to all men? After the recent arguments the make-up sex is gonna be out of this world!
Screenshot_18.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

This would have been on the rant thread if it wasn't relevant, but I've just got an email from Accu asking me if I like my 65mm M10 hex bolts and if I'd like to give a positive review on their site. FFS, they're just bolts, what can I say except they fit an M10 nut and haven't broken after two months!!
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Am I sensing a breakout of good will to all men? After the recent arguments the make-up sex is gonna be out of this world!
Screenshot_18.png
:lol:

Maybe. I don't want spend time around negative environments as much as anyone else. So with that in mind it was only natural that I'd have enough of me at some point, considering if I'm to be honest, I was the main cause.
Kai

Wouldn't a class system invite more classism and lead to more tension and bickering overall?

Wasn't all the bickering completely unrelated to trading?

Isn't most of the forum advice generally in alignment anyway with the very few exceptions getting challenged or corrected right away?
ShaunWhite

Just noticing that one sign of doing OK is which people who have too much time on their hands :lol:

I'm foolish saying I do OK at this, I'm only ever one market shift away from heading down again. I envy you manual guys who can just play what you see rather than having to throwing your whole idea in the bin and starting again.

Incidentally that's why I favour seeing trading as value seeking (just lots of back and lays) rather than sentiment/movement seeking. Value should be an earner whatever happens and work on everything from greyhounds to Bulgarian ping pong. Auto is suited to that job too whereas it impossible to automated how a manual trader operates, even AI can't figure that out which is either high praise for the manual guys or a reflection on how limited AI is still.

Return to “General discussion”