Full Time

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

See you guys are doing a good job of keeping the forum content level at "quality", what better way of doing it than mocking someone for their faith.

Must be getting hard to entertain yourselves without all the bickering. Can't imagine how painfully slow it must be when there isn't an abundance of threads for you guys to flex your moral biceps in.
Kai

On the contrary, I see the term "Reverend" as a term of endearment, like a cool nickname you would give to a friend. I'm nowhere near cynical or skeptical enough overall to question someone's religion, that would be a laughable (if not absurd) notion :)

I know how difficult it is sometimes to keep it light-hearted when it comes to bigger sensitive topics and how easy a different perspective can skew it into borderline mockery or worse, but I would have thought I might get the benefit of the doubt by now :D It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand the underlying tone.

Hopefully Crazyskier can appreciate the bright funnier side of it!

Can't really comment on Shaun's public accusations, there might be a serious constructive discussion there for aspiring full-timers but not really sure how appropriate it is to discuss it openly, I trust the mods' judgement on that one.
Last edited by Kai on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 pm
On the contrary, I see the term "Reverend" as a term of endearment, like a cool nickname you would give to a friend. I'm nowhere near cynical or skeptical enough overall to question someone's religion, that would be a laughable (if not absurd) notion :)

I know how difficult it is sometimes to keep it light-hearted when it comes to bigger sensitive topics and how easy a different perspective can skew it into borderline mockery or worse, but I would have thought I might get the benefit of the doubt by now :D

Can't really comment on Shaun's public accusations, there might be a serious constructive discussion there for aspiring full-timers but not really sure how appropriate it is to discuss it openly, I trust the mods' judgement on that one.
Is that James and the right Reverend CS in that jail image :D
jamesg46

Kai wrote:

I know how difficult it is sometimes to keep it light-hearted when it comes to bigger sensitive topics and how easy a different perspective can skew it into borderline mockery or worse, but I would have thought I might get the benefit of the doubt by now :D It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand the underlying tone.

My comment was just light hearted sarcasm.
jamesg46

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:01 pm
Kai wrote:

I know how difficult it is sometimes to keep it light-hearted when it comes to bigger sensitive topics and how easy a different perspective can skew it into borderline mockery or worse, but I would have thought I might get the benefit of the doubt by now :D

Is that James and the right Reverend CS in that jail image :D
You won't catch a person with my integrity & morals in a jail :lol:
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:06 pm
No such thing :)
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:06 pm
No such thing :)
;)
Kai

The boredom comments are fair though!

I can relatively easily get baited into a controversial topic by Derek :) He has his own little agendas and our opinions don't always align, which is why I like to give him a good ribbing from time to time :D
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm

I can relatively easily get baited into a controversial topic by Derek :) He has his own little agendas and our opinions don't always align, which is why I like to give him a good ribbing from time to time :D
Tbh I've never come across a guy who can take it as good as Derek, I think he enjoys receiving your ribbing as much as you enjoy giving it.
The Silk Run

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Kai wrote:

Tbh I've never come across a guy who can take it as good as Derek, I think he enjoys receiving your ribbing as much as you enjoy giving it.
Yup, I agree James. That Dex is a hard nut to crack, I've tried all sorts :)
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Kai wrote:

I'm not going to lie and say there's no hint of mischievousness in my sense of humour sometimes, but Derek does seem to take mischief to the next level.

Throwing him under the bus is one of my favorite pastimes :)
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Kai wrote:

I'm not going to lie and say there's no hint of mischievousness in my sense of humour sometimes, but Derek does seem to take mischief to the next level.

Throwing him under the bus is one of my favorite pastimes :)
When you have arsonist under your belt as past hobby ones perception of mischief may differ slightly from another.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 am
See you guys are doing a good job of keeping the forum content level at "quality", what better way of doing it than mocking someone for their faith.
I did actually say in my comment that I'm not mocking his faith and I don't think I did. If I did then that was wrong. It was the apparent disconnect between it and his actions that I found extraordinary.

And I was just pointing out that these low level white collar crimes are in fact real crimes that people do get prosecuted for. Yeah a phone contract here or a change of occupation on an insurance there isn't a big deal, but when you go out of your way to characterise yourself as pious then your deeds and actions probably ought to tally.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 pm
When you have arsonist under your belt as past hobby ones perception of mischief may differ slightly from another.
Exactly :D He is in many ways the perfect fall guy :lol:

But in all seriousness, like Shaun once famously said, for some the forum is an equivalent of an office water cooler, a place to hang around to chat or dish out banter etc (think "The Office"), it's something people miss from a regular job.

So it's really not a difficult concept to comprehend, the concept of a "bored fulltimer" etc.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:24 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 pm
Exactly :D He is in many ways the perfect fall guy :lol:

But in all seriousness, like Shaun once famously said, for some the forum is an equivalent of an office water cooler, a place to hang around to chat or dish out banter etc (think "The Office"), it's something people miss from a regular job.

So it's really not a difficult concept to comprehend, the concept of a "bored fulltimer" etc.
I get it.... that's why I'm here.

Return to “General discussion”