Full Time

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm
The boredom comments are fair though!

I can relatively easily get baited into a controversial topic by Derek :) He has his own little agendas and our opinions don't always align, which is why I like to give him a good ribbing from time to time :D
Tbh I've never come across a guy who can take it as good as Derek, I think he enjoys receiving your ribbing as much as you enjoy giving it.
I'm not going to lie and say there's no hint of mischievousness in my sense of humour sometimes, but Derek does seem to take mischief to the next level.

Throwing him under the bus is one of my favorite pastimes :)
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm
The boredom comments are fair though!

I can relatively easily get baited into a controversial topic by Derek :) He has his own little agendas and our opinions don't always align, which is why I like to give him a good ribbing from time to time :D
Tbh I've never come across a guy who can take it as good as Derek, I think he enjoys receiving your ribbing as much as you enjoy giving it.
I'm not going to lie and say there's no hint of mischievousness in my sense of humour sometimes, but Derek does seem to take mischief to the next level.

Throwing him under the bus is one of my favorite pastimes :)
When you have arsonist under your belt as past hobby ones perception of mischief may differ slightly from another.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 am
See you guys are doing a good job of keeping the forum content level at "quality", what better way of doing it than mocking someone for their faith.
I did actually say in my comment that I'm not mocking his faith and I don't think I did. If I did then that was wrong. It was the apparent disconnect between it and his actions that I found extraordinary.

And I was just pointing out that these low level white collar crimes are in fact real crimes that people do get prosecuted for. Yeah a phone contract here or a change of occupation on an insurance there isn't a big deal, but when you go out of your way to characterise yourself as pious then your deeds and actions probably ought to tally.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 pm
When you have arsonist under your belt as past hobby ones perception of mischief may differ slightly from another.
Exactly :D He is in many ways the perfect fall guy :lol:

But in all seriousness, like Shaun once famously said, for some the forum is an equivalent of an office water cooler, a place to hang around to chat or dish out banter etc (think "The Office"), it's something people miss from a regular job.

So it's really not a difficult concept to comprehend, the concept of a "bored fulltimer" etc.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:24 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 pm
Exactly :D He is in many ways the perfect fall guy :lol:

But in all seriousness, like Shaun once famously said, for some the forum is an equivalent of an office water cooler, a place to hang around to chat or dish out banter etc (think "The Office"), it's something people miss from a regular job.

So it's really not a difficult concept to comprehend, the concept of a "bored fulltimer" etc.
I get it.... that's why I'm here.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:18 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 am
See you guys are doing a good job of keeping the forum content level at "quality", what better way of doing it than mocking someone for their faith.
I did actually say in my comment that I'm not mocking his faith and I don't think I did. If I did then that was wrong. It was the apparent disconnect between it and his actions that I found extraordinary.

And I was just pointing out that these low level white collar crimes are in fact real crimes that people do get prosecuted for. Yeah a phone contract here or a change of occupation on an insurance there isn't a big deal, but when you go out of your way to characterise yourself as pious then your deeds and actions probably ought to tally.
Sorry Shaun, I did notice your comment so I should have made the effort to point out I wasn't aiming my sarcasm in your direction.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:41 pm
So is Pat I think, I actually suspect you two have a lot in common which is maybe why you rubbed each other wrong, like 2 brothers would :D

Bottom line, if I was really finding entertainment in actual bickering I wouldn't try to actively mediate against it, would I. It's a crap annoying job at times but you can't really escape your personality, I saved mine from that personality test thread last year, so at least I feel like I have a decent excuse for meddling :D

jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:03 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:41 pm
So is Pat I think, I actually suspect you two have a lot in common which is maybe why you rubbed each other wrong, like 2 brothers would :D

Bottom line, if I was really finding entertainment in actual bickering I wouldn't try to actively mediate against it, would I. It's a crap annoying job at times but you can't really escape your personality, I saved mine from that personality test thread last year, so at least I feel like I have a decent excuse for meddling :D

No comment other than, no comment.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm
Sorry Shaun, I did notice your comment so I should have made the effort to point out I wasn't aiming my sarcasm in your direction.
No probs mate. I wasn't responding to you directly just distancing myself from the possibility of being sued for religious hate crimes. :)

Then again any religious fundamentalist who's using their own rules instead of the law of the land needs to be watched very closely these days, even the white ones.
Derek27

The reverend's got a lot of reading to catch up on when he gets back from church. ;)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:51 pm
The reverend's got a lot of reading to catch up on when he gets back from church. ;)
Unless he already fled the country :)
LinusP

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 pm
1) Open a business account
2) Withdraw all winnings to Paypal, never, ever to a debit card! Your bank will likely flag you immediately
3) Withdraw Paypal into your business account once per month
4) Transfer from said business account to current account on the last working day of each month (or 28th). Try to keep the amounts very similar (£2-4k ish) works very well
5) When you renew your mortgage or have any kind of credit check, simply state your employment as the name from which you pay yourself monthly, with full time employed being superior to self employed for insurance and risk assessment purposes

I've been doing this myself for many years, though I do genuinely have a small web and Google ads firm that accepts Paypal and transfers regularly into the business account from which I pay myself at the end of each month

Good luck!

CS
You're basically describing money laundering? And when you submit your HMRC tax return for your 'business', how do you expain the revenue source?
Agreed, you are asking for trouble however I do withdraw via PayPal as banks don’t seem to ask questions but betfair restrict the amount and times you can withdraw.

On a side note it’s a real shame that threads like this get full of complete shit, Peter/Dallas just delete the crap.
Kai

LinusP wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:55 am
On a side note it’s a real shame that threads like this get full of complete shit
Have to reluctantly agree since technically that is a factual statement, what exactly constitutes shitposting may be debatable to some extent but many do willingly and unwillingly partake in shitposting (myself included), even in threads where that would maybe be deemed inappropriate, since it requires the least amount of effort. Even though it is consistently encouraged a bit of restraint in the future may not be a bad idea :)

Mods can't ever please everyone and I'm sure most people are more than capable of seriously engaging in various topics but whether the forum as a whole is really interested in that is another matter, as most new threads get the usual "use the search" reply or a link to a previous discussion or video etc even coming from mods, like this thread did as well initially, which clearly hints at forum's reluctance to go over the same old topics for the umpteenth time for the sake of newcomers, when it's far easier to get seduced by various tomfoolery, horseplay, derailing and other types of shenanigans, which is most of what friends would partake in real life as well.

I'm used to that after 10 years of browsing Reddit and I'm used to vastly different opinions but I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea. Needless to say, generational gaps aside, whatever directions the forum takes in the future I'm fairly confident I'll support that, whether I'll be contributing or not, as long as it doesn't include actual toxicity.

Ironically this may sound off-topic as well but I'd say it's bang on the topic of "bored fulltimers".
Trader Pat

I think he's referring to the continuous derailing of threads and he has a point.

I've been very good lately I don't think I've caused any derailments, I think I have a sheet of gold stars in a drawer somewhere so might give myself one :D
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:21 pm
Mods can't ever please everyone and I'm sure most people are more than capable of seriously engaging in various topics but whether the forum as a whole is really interested in that is another matter, as most new threads get the usual "use the search" reply or a link to a previous discussion or video etc even coming from mods, like this thread did as well initially, which clearly hints at forum's reluctance to go over the same old topics for the umpteenth time for the sake of newcomers, when it's far easier to get seduced by various tomfoolery, horseplay, derailing and other types of shenanigans, which is most of what friends would partake in real life as well.
Shitpost warning!

People can be too quick to say "use the search" and conversely waste time going over previously trodden ground. But what really makes my blood boil is looking at the Q&A for a product I'm considering purchasing and wading through dozens of "what are the dimensions?", "does the washing machine have an ON button?" and other stupid questions they could have found the answer to if they bothered reading the very brief description.

Return to “General discussion”