The Oasis

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:58 pm
BTW conspiracy theory crap is banned from the forum, so we will remove it. If you want to discuss that, go elsewhere, let's keep the focus here on what we do for a living, not the reptilian overmasters.
+1

Hopefully that policy doesn't include the opening post and the following discussion, or the above illustration since it pertains to the initial topic as well.
The Silk Run

I rather like Alex's posts, I was going to ask if he is an xr member, I thought some of his content was moving in that direction, somewhat ...
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:32 pm
I rather like Alex's posts, I was going to ask if he is an xr member, I thought some of his content was moving in that direction, somewhat ...
I used to find Alex's posts amusing but they're getting quite tiresome now and being disguised as lyrics to a Bob Dylan song!

I had to look up XR. So they can't even spell their own name. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:32 pm
I used to find Alex's posts amusing but they're getting quite tiresome now and being disguised as lyrics to a Bob Dylan song!

I had to look up XR. So they can't even spell their own name. :)
So an environmentalist daytrader then? How does that work??

Aren't those XR types supposed to have exceptionally high levels of compassion, empathy and EQ overall and not have EQ at the level of a village idiot? (think of it like constructive criticism)

These are hypothetical questions, no need to answer them :)

There is a time and place to discuss most things but I have to agree with the admins when it comes to inflammatory conspiracy theory posts, does more harm than good.
The Silk Run

I do agree with your final paragraph Kai, and Peter's intervention.
Not entirely Oasis, but just finished an Everest climb with some XR members, it was awesome.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm
Not entirely Oasis, but just finished an Everest climb with some XR members, it was awesome.
To be fair, admins did say many times that they want the forum to self-moderate, so that's sort of what we're all trying to do I think, and nobody is really telling them how to run their own forum but sometimes actual moderator powers do have to be called upon.

The one time I make a thread (and an anti-conspiracy one at that!) it gets filled with this conspiracy crap :lol:

If only there was an offtopic dump thread to put this type of stuff in ffs! :D
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm
There is a time and place to discuss most things but I have to agree with the admins when it comes to inflammatory conspiracy theory posts, does more harm than good.
I've been connecting the dots like your diagram and have a theory that the whole oasis thing is subliminal advertising for your Oasis Hotel in Blackpool
Screenshot_20210505-153900_Chrome.jpg
Which would explain your recent graffiti on the seafront
Screenshot_20210505-153629_Gallery.jpg
But I do think this forum is the wrong demographic to advertise Blackpool to, because Derek is too middle class for here and would probably prefer a trip to see the pyramids in Egypt. The last time he visited, his Range Rover got stuck in the sand so he had to walk in the desert until he came across an oasis where he found his edge
Screenshot_20210505-155406_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm
I've been connecting the dots like your diagram and have a theory that the whole oasis thing is subliminal advertising for your Oasis Hotel in Blackpool
Thanks but I think we already have sufficient proof on how wild your imagination can get :ugeek: So much so that it apparently needs curbing and moderating!
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
To be fair, admins did say many times that they want the forum to self-moderate, so that's sort of what we're all trying to do I think, and nobody is really telling them how to run their own forum but sometimes actual moderator powers do have to be called upon.

The one time I make a thread (and an anti-conspiracy one at that!) it gets filled with this conspiracy crap :lol:

Conspiracy theory nonsense is one thing but continuing to pedal the 'belief' that the virus is a hoax in response to somebody who has lost his father to the virus is just trolling of the worst kind and shouldn't have a place anywhere.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm
The Silk Run wrote:

Conspiracy theory nonsense is one thing but continuing to pedal the 'belief' that the virus is a hoax in response to somebody who has lost his father to the virus is just trolling of the worst kind and shouldn't have a place anywhere.
+100

And I already pointed that in the corona thread when it got locked so this is miles worse, hence my EQ remarks.

Very lucky for Alex that some of us don't wield that banstick.
greenmark

I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:42 pm
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Absolutely, if true I also encourage Minnie to share some more about this journey with the rest of us, rather than just casually mentioning it like it's no big deal :D Plenty of room around the bonfire :)

Last edited by Kai on Wed May 05, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

:lol:
The Silk Run

greenmark wrote:
I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I apologise if I have misled you, and others. It was a VIRTUAL ascent.

Return to “General discussion”