The Oasis

A place to discuss anything.
greenmark

I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:42 pm
I'm just impressed/jealous that a forumite has been on Everest (or have I misunderstood?).
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
I was wondering the same thing! :D
Absolutely, if true I also encourage Minnie to share some more about this journey with the rest of us, rather than just casually mentioning it like it's no big deal :D Plenty of room around the bonfire :)

Last edited by Kai on Wed May 05, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

:lol:
The Silk Run

greenmark wrote:
I think the Alex thing should be done now. He's said his piece and retreated. The OP was about how this forum is an Oasis. And I think it is.
Even these lively (?) threads are dwarfed by those asking legitmate guestions and recieving good answers
I apologise if I have misled you, and others. It was a VIRTUAL ascent.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:21 pm
greenmark wrote:
I apologise if I have misled you, and others. It was a VIRTUAL ascent.
Ah well, still a better story than most superhero movies nowadays, thanks for sharing!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Extinct Rebellion members won't get any higher than the roof of a train or aircraft.
gazuty

Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm

The forum is an oasis of advice in a desert of noise.

This entire original post by Kai is a true masterpiece, well thought out and quite profound. Threads of Plato combined with Kai’s original thinking. Brilliant.

I commend newbies and oldies to reflect and think.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 am
Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm
The forum is an oasis of advice in a desert of noise.
This entire original post by Kai is a true masterpiece, well thought out and quite profound. Threads of Plato combined with Kai’s original thinking. Brilliant.

I commend newbies and oldies to reflect and think.
Bravo.
If nothing else they should think about how someone with English as a 2nd language knocks grammatical spots off most people who call it their first. Either Kai's smart AF or ..... actually there's no or, Kai's smart AF ;)
Kai

Omg what is this high praise guys ffs, my head won't be able to fit through the door anymore! If I'm so smart why do I keep posting so much dumb stuff :lol: 🤔 Now I kinda regret it started off as a bit of a rant, but am glad if someone else enjoyed it as well 👍 However, I think I shall endeavour to sound more Borat-like from now on, or perhaps more British 😜
gazuty wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 am
Thanks you Gatuzy. Is very nice words. I like. Image
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 am
Bravo.
oi cheers bruv innit mate 🍻
napshnap

"However, I think I shall endeavour to sound more Borat-like from now on"

Kai, then, from now on after each big win you should say: ""King in the Castle, King in the Castle, I have a chair! Go do dis, go do dis, King in the Castle." :mrgreen:
Kai

napshnap wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:50 pm
"However, I think I shall endeavour to sound more Borat-like from now on"

Kai, then, from now on after each big win you should say: ""King in the Castle, King in the Castle, I have a chair! Go do dis, go do dis, King in the Castle." :mrgreen:
That's a great shout actually, I do remember that part, the man's a genius :lol: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltAlgjJ5AU8

Return to “General discussion”