How smart is automation?

A place to discuss anything.
gazuty

See viewtopic.php?p=265873#p265873

And dwell on the section “Loss recovery, martingale, gambler’s fallacy”
Anbell

mancbrady wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 am
Yeah I’ve done quite a bit of research on martingale staking and seen it on quite a lot of test and nearly all of the time it leads to the poor house as it will blow a bank fast. Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.
"Nearly" means "except when I do it"?
decomez6

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:37 am
decomez6 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
Nice flow from decomez6

BTW to my mind any form of loss recovery is Martingale in principle. It all works fine until you get the totally unexpected long run of losers and watch your stakes increase exponentially. Believe me, I and many others on here have done it!
thanks firlandsfarm , the learning curve is getting flatter but i feel there is alot more to BA than meets the eye.

mancbrady might have a way of collecting alot of outliers from different trading approaches and is attempting a long term approach to trading .
may be quarterly just like all businesses

#who knows # -ve EV is in the eyes of the beholder
light bulb noise.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Very disappointed with the negative replies, if OP wants to make a sizeable donation to the market I fully support his decision.
decomez6

:lol: :lol:
he is probably waiting for your fomo
Kai

decomez6 wrote:
mancbrady wrote:

Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.

"in LUCK we trust and you probably loose enough to learn something profitable" :D

nevertheless here are the keys to the devil's kitchen .... shaun and derek just left the room holding the dragon's head :lol:
so be carefull the beast can still strike with a spiky tail

1. you need to store each runner P&L

store P&L.PNG

2. export all stored values

export all stored values.PNG

3. re- introduce the values into the next market using the saved file

set a stored value usin a file.PNG

NB: i ve not done it before and unless you are guaranteed a match for any bet you place make sure to take sp.

otherwise enjoy the famous ride to NO mans land. ( there is probably better ways to do it )
Good effort decomez but there are simpler ways to do a bank transfer : Paypal.me/Kai
Derek27

mancbrady wrote:
Hi guys

Yeah I’ve done quite a bit of research on martingale staking and seen it on quite a lot of test and nearly all of the time it leads to the poor house as it will blow a bank fast. Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.

But, I would like to know if the automation can do what I asked as I would like to try something out.

Thanks
When somebody asks for a gun because he'd like to try something out and then asks where the bullet would cause death the quickest...
decomez6

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:06 pm
decomez6 wrote:
mancbrady wrote:
Good effort decomez but there are simpler ways to do a bank transfer
:D

patience !!

patience is everywhere.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

To be fair to the OP if you're inexperienced is could sound like it's got it's merits, we're lucky enough to have decades of experience to draw on and I hope he doesn't take the comments too seriously. Its just meant to be a bit of fun and if we weren't basically friendly we'd just let him do it. I'd hate to think people were afraid to ask questions in case they got teased.

Tbf there's plenty of inadvisable things people ask for and they get help doing it. Is a martingale really much worse than wanting an in-running stop loss based on a cash amount ? It's those I dispair at more than things like this.
Kai

decomez6 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:13 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:06 pm
decomez6 wrote:

Good effort decomez but there are simpler ways to do a bank transfer
:D

patience !!

patience is everywhere.PNG
Yep, patience is a forgotten virtue these days :)

Like the infamous billionaire gambler Elag Nitram once said : "The Betfair Exchange is an instrument designed for transferring money from the impatient gambler to the patient trader."
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:53 pm
To be fair to the OP if you're inexperienced is could sound like it's got it's merits, we're lucky enough to have decades of experience to draw on and I hope he doesn't take the comments too seriously. Its just meant to be a bit of fun and if we weren't basically friendly we'd just let him do it. I'd hate to think people were afraid to ask questions in case they got teased.

Tbf there's plenty of inadvisable things people ask for and they get help doing it. Is a martingale really much worse than wanting an in-running stop loss based on a cash amount ? It's those I dispair at more than things like this.
Don't mind me, just here for the smartarse comments :D

Altho to be fair and serious for a moment, it's a bit of rabbit hole innit, that probably goes beyond the scope of this thread and the OP query. Because when swing trading I do sometimes employ an averaging approach that is akin to martingale despite being relatively risk-averse still, albeit in markets and situations where price cannot realistically move indefinitely in one direction, it always seemed to me like a sensible way to manage risk and reduce the overall impact of volatility if I can't work out the true extent of a particular move or overreaction due to its randomness, which later I found out is similar to DCA (dollar-cost averaging) in financials etc that does the same thing in a nutshell. There's probably enough there to devote a lifetime to it for those that want to go balls deep in those directions. However, with an outcome-dependent approach it doesn't really make much sense to do it IMO.
Crazyskier

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:37 am
decomez6 wrote:
BTW to my mind any form of loss recovery is Martingale in principle. It all works fine until you get the totally unexpected long run of losers and watch your stakes increase exponentially. Believe me, I and many others on here have done it!
THIS

CS
decomez6

Because when swing trading I do sometimes employ an averaging approach that is akin to martingale despite being relatively risk-averse
-trading is a rinsing process wheras betting is scooping one-
a trader has safety net cast out in case things go hywire , its much easier dig out of a hole.
the betor on the other will keep on digging hoping to strike some water that will float him back to safety ,not unless they meticulously study the terrain and knows when to stop digging.

BA is great for trading , live betting , dutching, bookmaking... etc
But if one is more interested in simple staking plans...there other softwares that are designed to do just that and are relatively mug oriented , hence easier to master.

manual traders will then go ahead and feed on that orderflow resulting from the big lump of martingaled juicy dump.
Dallas

To give a simple answer to the title thread

Bet Angel's Automation is smart enough not to have an option that's guaranteed to blow bank after bank
Kai

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:53 pm
To give a simple answer to the title thread

Bet Angel's Automation is smart enough not to have an option that's guaranteed to blow bank after bank
In other words a betting tool can only be as smart as its user :) I'm sure there's a tool joke somewhere in there but can't seem to find it :)

Anyway I'll bite, to ubersimplify the "martingale" concept for the sake of Martingale OP #352 the issue here is obviously the unlimited downside and a very limited amount of upside, deal-breaker for any sensible person out there and a non-starter. But flip that concept around and if the downside has a clearly defined sensible limit and the upside is similar or higher, then it can look completely different, so either look for that or do something else.

Stupid generic valueless bets can't really be saved with clever staking and the loss recovery concept is pointless as well since you can't and don't want to avoid losses in the first place, I think the best loss recovery system is a good night's sleep actually :) However, you can have clever staking in terms of averaging and managing an open position whereas the goal here is to trade the actual market volatility, not chasing your losses around.

Return to “General discussion”