Betfair has taken from my account 400£ on voiding bets the next day.

A place to discuss anything.
clara

Anyone has experienced that? It was in a football match and they have just voided the wining bets due to "late market suspension after a goal" as they say. I can prove my bets where launched and matched before the goal was in, as I saw in my tv, they heven has cancelled bets from a different minute were the goal was scored. Even one bet is at @1.20 and next one 15 seconds later at @1.21, it was normal bets during the game.

Any experiences on this, is it a normal behaviour by BF? Because now I feel is impossible to know when you place a bet closeto a goal if they are going to void it without proven...

I'm decided to claim for this anywhere I can (IBAS, gambling comission) because is just taking money from my account.
Derek27

clara wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:53 pm
Anyone has experienced that? It was in a football match and they have just voided the wining bets due to "late market suspension after a goal" as they say. I can prove my bets where launched and matched before the goal was in, as I saw in my tv, they heven has cancelled bets from a different minute were the goal was scored. Even one bet is at @1.20 and next one 15 seconds later at @1.21, it was normal bets during the game.

Any experiences on this, is it a normal behaviour by BF? Because now I feel is impossible to know when you place a bet closeto a goal if they are going to void it without proven...

I'm decided to claim for this anywhere I can (IBAS, gambling comission) because is just taking money from my account.
You need to take it up with Betfair as far as it can go before going to IBAS. Try to find out the exact time of goal and the time your voided bets were placed, which you can get from your account history.
clara

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:52 pm
clara wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:53 pm

You need to take it up with Betfair as far as it can go before going to IBAS. Try to find out the exact time of goal and the time your voided bets were placed, which you can get from your account history.
Yes, I tried to contact them , the only way is the chat customer service on the BF website, after an hour response from agents were like, " it was not taken" "the match started at 19:00 and your bet was placed when it was finished" ...(they don't know about existing time zones) lots of random responses none of them knows a bit how trading works...
They show a report saying that for 1, 2 , 3rd goals bets were voided on a certain time, 40 seconds in some cases , that includes any random bet you could place trading the match.

So that means:

You are trading, send & match a back bet imagine 2000£ at @1.60 at a certain moment, and then 40 seconds after, a goal is scored on your favour, after it you will green up placing another lay bet. So if the person in charge to suspend the market after a goal fails a bit. you are gonna get only your first back voided and losing all the amount of the 2 bet.
BFDon

If you placed the bet 40 seconds before the goal it shouldn't be voided. Betfair will have the exact time the goal went in and should have voided bets from that moment until the market was suspended. Ask for the time your bet was placed and when the goal went in
Derek27

BFDon wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:23 pm
If you placed the bet 40 seconds before the goal it shouldn't be voided. Betfair will have the exact time the goal went in and should have voided bets from that moment until the market was suspended. Ask for the time your bet was placed and when the goal went in
Are you sure they void bets to the exact second or do they just select a minute?
BFDon

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:28 pm
BFDon wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:23 pm
Are you sure they void bets to the exact second or do they just select a minute?
Nope, not sure at all. I barely do any football but when I was trading some last year I had a bet voided as they deemed it after the VAR review had started. When I queried it they gave me the exact time of my bet and the moment they deemed the start of the review (1 second earlier) which they said came from their data provider. I presumed that was the same for all games but perhaps i'm wrong
jamesedwards

I trade on 1000s of markets per week and this is a regular occurrence. In the last 3 months I've had around 1500 transactions voided. Had the worst one ever a couple of weeks ago when Betfair took just under £1k from my account when they reversed a market that was settled an entire week previously. I understand that mistakes sometimes happen and need to be corrected but a whole week later is really pushing it! Plus there's never any note of contact to apologise or even just to flag it has happened - just £1k suddenly disappears from my account and I'm left to trawl through my statement to try and work out why. :evil:
Tuco

I had this exact issue during the FA Cup Final betweeen Leicester City and Chelsea in May 2021. It was very annoying and costly as having been matched I levelled up after which Betfair decided to void my initial bet leaving me with an unsavoury position...and this happened twice in the same match! Their explanation was BS and as a result I will no longer trade football matches in-play.

Betfair often void or reverse settlements but they do sometimes get it wrong. I have a folder of issues from various sports to pursue them with 'one day' where they have re-settled or voided a bet/market incorrectly.
Crazyskier

Tuco wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am
I had this exact issue during the FA Cup Final betweeen Leicester City and Chelsea in May 2021. It was very annoying and costly as having been matched I levelled up after which Betfair decided to void my initial bet leaving me with an unsavoury position...and this happened twice in the same match! Their explanation was BS and as a result I will no longer trade football matches in-play.

Betfair often void or reverse settlements but they do sometimes get it wrong. I have a folder of issues from various sports to pursue them with 'one day' where they have re-settled or voided a bet/market incorrectly.
Surely if BF are voiding or reversing a back or lay bet, they have to do the same to the lay or back that you green up with, so at least it's fair and balanced?!?

CS
Tuco

...yes to do so would have been fair, but they don't play fair and were not interested at all in my protestations in that I would not have been placing the reverse bet had the initial bet not been matched. Their explanation regarding the timings were a load of BS.
jamesedwards

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Tuco wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am

Surely if BF are voiding or reversing a back or lay bet, they have to do the same to the lay or back that you green up with, so at least it's fair and balanced?!?

CS
The problem is the original trade is deemed to have taken place during an illegitimate time period ie where the market should have been suspended, and the "greening-up" trade during a legitimate period of play. Thus only the original trade gets voided after the event.

There is an easy way to fix this, just keep the markets suspended until the bloody game kicks off again. I don't know why Betfair find this so difficult?! I no longer celebrate/assume a goal has been scored until kick-off thanks to damn VAR and I certainly would not be able to trade games in running anymore if that was my thing.
Tuco

...exactly JE!
jamesedwards

Betfair took £2k from my account yesterday in a fix from a market last week. No warning or communication, it just suddenly disappeared. Then of course they still took their full Premium Charge today based on the £2k winnings from last week leaving me hundreds of pounds extra out of pocket.

Thanks Betfair.
Realrocknrolla

Naughty
The Silk Run

I think impunity best describes this boiler-room outfit !!! How indiscriminate ...

Return to “General discussion”