BA vps and Betfair live video

A place to discuss anything.
Brovashift

Hi,

Ive just discovered the bet angel vps and was just wondering if its possible to access my betfair account for live video when trading from another country, i.e. is it as simple as opening a browser in/on the vps? Or is the vps just for the bet angel platform?

Thank :ugeek:
humanoid769

I use a VPS not based in the UK , Not the Betangel one, and have no issues

Thanks
Dallas

Its not really recommended to stream live video's over a VPS, the screen lag will make them jerky and usually unwatchable
Brovashift

Cheers for the replies guys...

So what is the recommended way of logging into Betfair from abroad to watch post time... Is that better with a 3rd party VPN with UK I.P.?
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:35 am
Its not really recommended to stream live video's over a VPS, the screen lag will make them jerky and usually unwatchable
Even with the servers so close to Betfair?
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Dallas wrote:
Its not the connection between the VPS and Betfairs servers thats the problem, its the screen lag between the device you use and the VPS you are connecting to.

Even if you tried to watch a video saved to the VPS you would still have the same issue, as the video speed will be to fast to view smoothly via a remote connection
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:51 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Its not the connection between the VPS and Betfairs servers thats the problem, its the screen lag between the device you use and the VPS you are connecting to.

Even if you tried to watch a video saved to the VPS you would still have the same issue, as the video speed will be to fast to view smoothly via a remote connection
I see. So why does Bet Angel work so well over VPS, is it just there's a lot less data being transferred? Even at 200ms and high liquidity?

Thanks
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:18 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:51 pm
Brovashift wrote:

I see. So why does Bet Angel work so well over VPS, is it just there's a lot less data being transferred? Even at 200ms and high liquidity?

Thanks
Yes, there's very little changing on the screen when using Bet Angel or any other program so the screen lag is minimized (but still there)
ShaunWhite

The video stream via my VPS is pretty smooth. Netflix is streamed from an AWS server so there's no inherent reason it shouldn't be smooth.

Here's a demo (4k)....left is my VPS displayed in Remote Desktop, right is local PC in Firefox, both streamed at the same time and captured from my PC. (left is slightly ahead because I started it first).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1mwxjey2uf6f ... 3.mov?dl=0

All you need is a decent upload speed from your server .
Screenshot_4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brovashift

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:41 pm
The video stream via my VPS is pretty smooth. Netflix is streamed from an AWS server so there's no inherent reason it shouldn't be smooth.

Here's a demo (4k)....left is my VPS displayed in Remote Desktop, right is local PC in Firefox, both streamed at the same time and captured from my PC. (left is slightly ahead because I started it first).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1mwxjey2uf6f ... 3.mov?dl=0

All you need is a decent upload speed from your server .Screenshot_4.png
Looks pretty good to me mate 👌🏼

Im using Trader but just noticed a post on Twitter, does Pro have live video built into bet angel... so with regards to my original question no need to watch live streams via betfair account/website anyway, if trading from another country?

Return to “General discussion”