Help with a project using new features.

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Yesterday I wondered if it was possible with the new colour grading feature to use it to colour grade Jockey, Trainer, Sire & Dam based on win % & the better Sires etc. I figured it would be a case of storing some values from data scraped online but I'm at a loss and can't figure out how to do it. Anyone give me any pointers? Would appreciate it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You don't do things by half do you :)

Good bit of thinking out the box though

I'd have to have a proper think to work out the best way but if it helps in the mean time have a quick look at using Stored Values as a text
you can store the Jockey name here, then just below that 'tag' it with a value

That tagged value can then be used by the 'Value Based Colour Settings'
Realrocknrolla

I like the idea…

Identifying a trend by colour
jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:53 pm
You don't do things by half do you :)

Good bit of thinking out the box though

I'd have to have a proper think to work out the best way but if it helps in the mean time have a quick look at using Stored Values as a text
you can store the Jockey name here, then just below that 'tag' it with a value

That tagged value can then be used by the 'Value Based Colour Settings'
Thanks Dallas! I have tried what you've suggested & also attempted to pass the tagged value to a seperate column on the one click... so basically next to jockey it would have a jockey win % column but I'm left with my head bouncing off of my desk :lol:
jamesg46

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:54 pm
I like the idea…

Identifying a trend by colour
Also strengths by colour :D
MemphisFlash

Columns.JPG

Don't think i can get any more on my 1 click screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

There's a lot of easy real estate there, just ripe for reclaiming.
jamesg46

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:59 am
Columns.JPG

A bit too busy for me, I couldn't make use of all that information over every selection... that's probably one of the reasons I think colour grading information is beneficial. It's like visually skimming.
Realrocknrolla

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:45 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
Columns.JPG

A bit too busy for me, I couldn't make use of all that information over every selection... that's probably one of the reasons I think colour grading information is beneficial. It's like visually skimming.
This sort of info is gold to my style of trading... especially now you can have it on Guardian and identifying trends...

the possibilities are endless! :evil: :evil: :evil:
jamesg46

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:11 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
MemphisFlash wrote:
Columns.JPG

This sort of info is gold to my style of trading... especially now you can have it on Guardian and identifying trends...

Yeah I agree. It's given me an opportunity to look at trading in running with what I consider is a fresh approach.
Realrocknrolla

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:15 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

Yeah I agree. It's given me an opportunity to look at trading in running with what I consider is a fresh approach.
Good luck with it mate. In running is easier than you think. I have a great place to get pace cards for free if your interested then if you do well then you can look at inform or something similar
jamesg46

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:25 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Good luck with it mate. In running is easier than you think. I have a great place to get pace cards for free if your interested then if you do well then you can look at inform or something similar
Yeah, definitely interested! Be lunacy on my behalf not to at least look, cheers Realrocknrolla!
Realrocknrolla

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:38 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:25 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

Yeah, definitely interested! Be lunacy on my behalf not to at least look, cheers Realrocknrolla!
DM me your email bud!
Realrocknrolla

Mailed ya both.

Return to “General discussion”