Beth bet - Am I Seeing Things or Has Anyone Else Noticed!!!

A place to discuss anything.
TheLoneBettor

I have just been watching this YouTube video from a company called beth.bet which claims to produce value bets with a stupendous ROI and also claims to have AI. Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a very sophisticated affiliation site with direct links to the bookmakers betting page.

I have got to ask myself, "Where are the links to Betfair?". Doesn't Betfair offer the best prices? In my view and I'm sure a lot of other people would agree. But what gets me is the persons they have chosen to front this website.

Cann Berry and Alex Ong.

The website itself says Cann Berry is a Sports Trading Guru. I have watched some of his videos and in some of them he is slagging off bookmakers and now he is advertising them.

Why is he, a so called guru fronting an affiliation site? I thought he was a professional trader or at least he makes that out. So why would he front such a thing? Doesn't that go against the objective he creates by telling people he wants them to be successful, but instead directing people to this site so he can profit from losing bets. It just doesn't make any sense - someone please tell me I am imagining it. I mean the profits described to my thinking are just plucked out of the air. It is too good to be true.

The video he does is well presented and also tries to throw a bit of humour into it. If you are not familiar with affiliation sites this one might draw you in. They are claiming 1800% profit for all their recommendations after 1 year. I don't see or hear any explanations how AI is being used in this software.

I think 30 bets a day are displayed. The cost for basic is £39.99 a month or £99.99 for the pro version.

Alex Ong as well, does a well presented video. In his video he claims massive profits are obtainable. He is testing it at the moment and he says he will do another video soon to tell all about his results. That one will be interesting.

If I am wrong in my thinking I apologize in advance to the two men in question. But I can't help but think that this is a sophisticated affiliation trap.
jamesg46

From what I remember from looking at it a few months back it was software that was finding missed priced bets?. I'm not sure how they can sell the software mainstream, if so won't the prices go as quickly as account restrictions come?.

Wasn't he also fronting some sort of matched betting software previously? Maybe that didn't take off as anticipated, who knows.

Who is Alex?.
weemac

White text on a black background is the calling card of your typical golden-goose-for-rent website.

Hurts my eyes and offends my sensibilities.
Dallas

He did used to trade and got up to the level of paying 20% PC in the first half of the teens, but he peaked around 2015/16 before he began to struggle and adapt to shifting market behaviour and since his activity has tailed right off.

As far back as 2-3 years every one who asked him a direct question like
Do you still trade
Are you still paying PC
etc etc

just got ignored and blocked or where possible the actual question was removed (several on this forum can/will testify to that)

In more recent years he figured out he could use his social media presence to turn to marketing and affiliation as a way to make an income, lurching from one fad or brand to another promoting whatever pays using a range of SEO tricks and click bait in videos and blogs etc and inevitably sometimes some of these conflict with earlier material (as you and many others have spotted).

In a nut shell he's now best known just as a social media brand influencer and seen as being on a similar level as another active snake oil salesman who goes by the name of a furry animal - the days of him being active and creditable trader (on any reasonable level) are long in the distant past
wearthefoxhat

Alex Ong's background was in Forex and has many videos about football trading...etc

Surprised to see him get involved in marketing a horse racing product. He does state upfront he knows very little about horse racing, but likes the AI factor with the aforementioned software, bending it towards some form of value betting/investment.

It's likely, as Dallas said, CB has links in social media platforms and sees himself as an influencer of sorts. The thing is, if you have any sort of following there are those that will go in blindly without questioning things too much.

An example of this is in the world of poker with a guy called Dan Bilzerian, who has built a following of millions on instagram, not about poker, but advertising the life of a playboy and all the trimmings. He plays a little poker, but his friends are more famous than he is in that field, but it didn't stop an up and coming GGPoker offering him a massive sponsorship to "bring across" all his devoted followers.

It's just the way online business is nowadays, grab it while you can.
Euler

TheLoneBettor wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:37 pm
I have just been watching this YouTube video from a company called beth.bet which claims to produce value bets with a stupendous ROI and also claims to have AI. Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a very sophisticated affiliation site with direct links to the bookmakers betting page.
You should change the title of the post to include Beth bet, if you are not sure how to do it we can do it for you. But you should do it so people can read about what is actually going on.

The people who are fronting it have been paid to do so. That is why they are there. Beth bet approached us / me to promote their product, but we declined and I've been sat here waiting to see who will stoop low enough to take up their offer ever since.

They offered a decent four figure sum but it was conditional on the way the product was presented and promoted. Expect to see more people getting very enthusiastic about it and forgetting to flag to YouTube that their video is actually a paid promotion.

I was going to start a thread myself. But somebody else seeing through it, just shows just how obvious the whole thing is and is far more effective in hindsight.

I've seen no information that convinces me that Alex is a professional trader of any sort. He has had a string of small enterprises so has obviously latched on to Betfair trading as another way to get a few quid. We are all familiar with Caan's story.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:09 pm
He did used to trade and got up to the level of paying 20% PC in the first half of the teens,
I initially read that as the first part of his teens. :)
Euler

I've always been wary of things that us AI to promote themselves.

I had a detailed chat with a hedge fund manager about how he is using ML for his portfolio. The difference between using it in reality and for a promotion, is very stark.
TheLoneBettor

Thank you guys for your responses. I now believe 100% it is an affiliation site.

"An active snake oil salesman" lol. That made me titter.

Poacher turned gamekeeper comes to mind here.

And Euler, if you can change the title then you have my permission. I am not very good with forums and social media.

Thanks again guys.
Kai

Another CB thread?? With so many of those popping up does he really have to do any marketing? :)

And hate to say it but OP reads like a classic hatchet job. No need for those I think, let people discredit themselves if they really want to.
Euler

The original post looked pretty genuine to me, just a query what on earth the product was about. I think the promoters have discredited themselves by associating themselves with it.
Kai

Alex is being promoted by Betfair then? Saw him on Youtube but didn't seem like a football trader to me, his content at first glance seemed very underwhelming and basic.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm
Alex is being promoted by Betfair then? Saw him on Youtube but didn't seem like a football trader to me, his content at first glance seemed very underwhelming and basic.
I went to check him out earlier... lasted a few minuets & won't be revisiting his channel.
alexmr2

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm
I went to check him out earlier... lasted a few minuets & won't be revisiting his channel.
My channel isn't that bad :) the real content is on my £150 video pack course though, there you will learn how to make £1 billion in 1 second on Betfair ;)
PapaShango

Does seem to be a lot of these threads popping up all of a sudden. I think we all get the idea now, it’s starting to look a bit desperate on all sides.

Though unless I’m also seeing things, I noticed that the number of guest visitors to the forum suddenly spiked up last week too. Which is odd given the relatively poor level of content of late.

Return to “General discussion”