Beth bet - Am I Seeing Things or Has Anyone Else Noticed!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Realrocknrolla

Naffman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 am
https://youtu.be/u_1JeBTpdRQ

Probably one to watch with a cup of cocoa before bedtime.

His voice just isn’t exciting.
Wondering when CB releases his 'results update' aswell :roll:

Must be soul destroying to advertise a product you know is worthless to your loyal audience just to pay the bills
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier.

Think PW mentioned in another post about clickbait… it is rife…

The advertisements on Youtube make me laughing out loud!
rik

Not sure about Artificial Intelligence. Thought it was a tool that actually prices up runners, arbing/value betting with bookmakers is dead for anyone serious isnt it, maybe 10 years ago
wearthefoxhat

rik wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 pm
Not sure about Artificial Intelligence. Thought it was a tool that actually prices up runners, arbing/value betting with bookmakers is dead for anyone serious isnt it, maybe 10 years ago
The Beth Bet product seems to be an attempt at some form of value betting if you can open up many accounts to take advantage of the prices. There seems to be no real understanding of how the AI evaluates value, you have to trust it and place the bets...assuming the settings are correct. It will appeal to those who can't be arsed to learn about the process themselves.

I still believe it's possible to win at straight value betting, but as you say not with the bookies. Their own software will quickly pick up the consistent winner(s) and reduce/ban them accordingly.
Euler

Beth.bet has collapsed, as has the credibiliy of those that did paid promotions for them.
Beth Bet wrote:Dear members of Beth Family,

We’ve come a great journey together but it is now the time our paths split. Unfortunately, Beth ceases her work due to circumstances beyond our control and some external factors.

Every day of Beth’s life we strived to give our players everything we have to become successful punters and always have been by your side. As much as we desire and aspire to continue developing Beth, there are unforeseen reasons that we cannot withstand.
The whole Beth Team wants to say thank you for sharing our passion for horse racing, for being with us every day, for making Beth better every day.
Starting from the 1st of February website beth.bet and app.beth.bet will not be available.
Please do not worry about your subscription payments as all the refunds will be provided to our subscribers with current plans that should have been active this year starting from February month. You will receive the refunds in the sum of your balance as of the 1st of February within the next 30 days. Please feel free to contact us through [email protected] in case you need any assistance.
We’ll miss you a lot for sure but no matter how sad this piece of news can be, we wish you to stay strong and courageous, prosperity and many winnings!
Be well and may we meet again!

Yours truly,
Beth and Beth Team
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 pm
Beth.bet has collapsed, as has the credibiliy of those that did paid promotions for them.

We’ve come a great journey together but it is now the time our paths split. Unfortunately, Beth ceases her work due to circumstances beyond our control and some external factors.

Every day of Beth’s life we strived to give our players everything we have to become successful punters and always have been by your side. As much as we desire and aspire to continue developing Beth, there are unforeseen reasons that we cannot withstand.
The whole Beth Team wants to say thank you for sharing our passion for horse racing, for being with us every day, for making Beth better every day.
Starting from the 1st of February website beth.bet and app.beth.bet will not be available.
Please do not worry about your subscription payments as all the refunds will be provided to our subscribers with current plans that should have been active this year starting from February month. You will receive the refunds in the sum of your balance as of the 1st of February within the next 30 days. Please feel free to contact us through [email protected] in case you need any assistance.
We’ll miss you a lot for sure but no matter how sad this piece of news can be, we wish you to stay strong and courageous, prosperity and many winnings!

Yours truly,
Beth and Beth Team
Shows they’ll do anything for a quick buck
verdenkaf

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 am
Euler wrote:

Yours truly,
Beth and Beth Team
Shows they’ll do anything for a quick buck
Have to disagree with you on this one, they (Beth) refund anyone who had open subscriptions there (me included). Also had great profits from using it from September until this last week, funny enough I had my bet365 account limited last Tuesday so it was kinda over for me anyways (It was a matter of time to be also limited at BV and Betway).

Don't know what really happened to this collapse to happen so soon but the model was faded to fall sooner or later I guess. As of those receiving to promote Beth I can't say anything as I don't know any of them but I can say with sure Beth worked great.
Xeres

I ran my own ML algorithms in horse racing for a few years knowing next to nothing about the sport, its not that hard finding consistent value if you have a good model, the hard part is being able to scale the bets to make it worth the effort.

If they really had something that worked the thing to do is find an investor and then scale it, or sell the IP.
wearthefoxhat

Xeres wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:38 am
I ran my own ML algorithms in horse racing for a few years knowing next to nothing about the sport, its not that hard finding consistent value if you have a good model, the hard part is being able to scale the bets to make it worth the effort.

If they really had something that worked the thing to do is find an investor and then scale it, or sell the IP.
I agree it continues to be possible.

I've recently focussed on my own algorithm (of sorts) and have become more confident on its' performance going forward. I use the term algorithm loosley, as it means different things to different people. eg: Harry Findlay has a small group of people he listens to, if it tallys with his own opinion, he'll increase the % on the bet. For others it means a computer coding solution to create a list of rules to find a solution/recommendation.

For my own purposes, when ready, I can scale it comfortably 10x (maybe more) without using any on-line or whatsapp bookmaker. An investor or group of investors would move things along quicker, but IMO, it's good to grow/compound from a smaller bank and then work with capital from clear profit(s). You're also not beholden to others or get questioned when the losing runs occur.
TheLoneBettor

Euler wrote:

Yours truly,
Beth and Beth Team
I have been away from here for about 2 years now so I thought I would check this thread I started just to see if it was still open.

Well, I am not surprised it has collapsed. They Quote...

"Unfortunately, Beth ceases HER work due to circumstances beyond our control and some external factors."

We can all probably guess what was beyond their control and the so called bs external factors were. And they even had the audacity to blame Beth herself as if she was a real women. How patronising can snake oil salespeople get?

Return to “General discussion”