Beth bet - Am I Seeing Things or Has Anyone Else Noticed!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

The original post looked pretty genuine to me, just a query what on earth the product was about. I think the promoters have discredited themselves by associating themselves with it.
Kai

Alex is being promoted by Betfair then? Saw him on Youtube but didn't seem like a football trader to me, his content at first glance seemed very underwhelming and basic.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm
Alex is being promoted by Betfair then? Saw him on Youtube but didn't seem like a football trader to me, his content at first glance seemed very underwhelming and basic.
I went to check him out earlier... lasted a few minuets & won't be revisiting his channel.
alexmr2

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm
I went to check him out earlier... lasted a few minuets & won't be revisiting his channel.
My channel isn't that bad :) the real content is on my £150 video pack course though, there you will learn how to make £1 billion in 1 second on Betfair ;)
PapaShango

Does seem to be a lot of these threads popping up all of a sudden. I think we all get the idea now, it’s starting to look a bit desperate on all sides.

Though unless I’m also seeing things, I noticed that the number of guest visitors to the forum suddenly spiked up last week too. Which is odd given the relatively poor level of content of late.
gazuty

The whole "influencer" space, monitisation of content and spruiking etc is becoming very interesting. Probably been going on since the dawn of man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2iiPpcwfCA

My wife is "amazed" at how influencers she watches in South Carolina, Italy and the UK all end up waxing lyrical about the same eye shadow, lip gloss and robot vacuum clearner. :lol:

But we, the human and particuarly the man are all to blame.

Engage male human brain function and divide into the 99% and 1%.

I had to create a table and take a picture for the rest becasue I don't know how to make a table in a reply.

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

gazuty wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am
The whole "influencer" space, monitisation of content and spruiking etc is becoming very interesting. Probably been going on since the dawn of man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2iiPpcwfCA

My wife is "amazed" at how influencers she watches in South Carolina, Italy and the UK all end up waxing lyrical about the same eye shadow, lip gloss and robot vacuum clearner. :lol:

But we, the human and particuarly the man are all to blame.

Engage male human brain function and divide into the 99% and 1%.

I had to create a table and take a picture for the rest becasue I don't know how to make a table in a reply.

Capture.PNG
bravo
Kai

PapaShango wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:42 am
Does seem to be a lot of these threads popping up all of a sudden. I think we all get the idea now, it’s starting to look a bit desperate on all sides.
I think these personal little jibes and stuff reflect poorly on everyone involved. All seems a bit juvenile even, and that's coming from me! :D

But that's tribalism and fanboyism in a nutshell, even in the vendor business apparently, it's as if software itself defines your trading ability.
Euler

I've deliberately tried to stay out of it and actively encourage others to do so as I don't think it does anybody any favours. But the insults and underhand nature of competitors continue unchecked, even after over a decade of trying to ignore it.

It's bound to reach the point at which it's getting up the noses of people on here included me.
LeTiss

I'm blocked on Twitter by GToy, Caan and Aussie T

I was never even rude, I just championed BA on a thread of theirs, or defended PW from their schoolboy jibes
Kai

gazuty wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am
The whole "influencer" space, monitisation of content and spruiking etc is becoming very interesting.
It's interesting but makes your stomach turn at the same time when abused. For example, we apparently have a local Youtube influencer with 600k+ subs, which I think is more than all of the trading channels combined, and he's using that platform in typical "ez money" clickbait fashion to sell trading video packs of beginner football strategies to clueless casual punters.

But the point is, even that can't be directly labeled as an outright scam, because it falls under that annoying grey area, like the whole industry.

And with the overall liquidity slowly dwindling, maybe at this point any traffic that the exchange gets via various influencers should be tolerated, provided those people aren't complete frauds or involved in outright scams.
gazuty

Kai wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 am
It's interesting but makes your stomach turn at the same time when abused. For example, we apparently have a local Youtube influencer with 600k+ subs, which I think is more than all of the trading channels combined, and he's using that platform in typical "ez money" clickbait fashion to sell trading video packs of beginner football strategies to clueless casual punters.

But the point is, even that can't be directly labeled as an outright scam, because it falls under that annoying grey area, like the whole industry.

And with the overall liquidity slowly dwindling, maybe at this point any traffic that the exchange gets via various influencers should be tolerated, provided those people aren't complete frauds or involved in outright scams.
All good points.

I have given encouragement to many (we all need fish in the pond) and yet this clip from the guidance has it plain.
gazuty wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:16 am

This is a zero sum game

Gentlemen, welcome to Fight Club
The first rule of Fight Club is, we do not talk about Fight Club
(Fight Club, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1yHLp9bWA)

Even if we rarely talk about it, the simple fact is you are trying to take my money and I am trying to take yours. I'm a millionaire, that's the difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PrrVt34Mw

And no matter what, Betfair is creaming off the rake. Just as quickly we calculated 2% of the pot and had taken if off the table https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccunmtqqRV0

So, if that is the case, where do you find your edge?

To be a rock, and not to roll (Led Zepplin, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TNkZeqskw)
TheLoneBettor

Kai wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:45 pm
Another CB thread?? With so many of those popping up does he really have to do any marketing? :)

And hate to say it but OP reads like a classic hatchet job. No need for those I think, let people discredit themselves if they really want to.
Well Kai, not to begin with. I genuinely didn't really know about CB until I posted in here. It was just a shock seeing him promote Beth.bet. However, OP now means Genuine Classic Hatchet Job ;)
ljs

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 pm
I've always been wary of things that us AI to promote themselves.

I had a detailed chat with a hedge fund manager about how he is using ML for his portfolio. The difference between using it in reality and for a promotion, is very stark.
I work at a quantitative hedge fund (as a software developer on bit that talks to the markets). I would say that what ML is and isn't is a blurry line. ML largely amounts to applying clever statistical analysis to things, but much of what a financial firm will do using statistical analysis wouldn't be called ML, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_arbitrage

So I'd definitely take any 'AI' marketing with a pinch of salt, it doesn't however mean it isn't effective. Result are what counts at the end of the day...
ruthlessimon

AI.. lolz

Slash & burn arb tool, nothing more

Return to “General discussion”