Milestone

A place to discuss anything.
Emmson

Kai wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:26 am
Speaking of milestones I would also like to congratulate Derek27 for participating in over 250,000 forum threads which is quite the achievement with only 12,845 posts to his (user)name. The forum greatly appreciates the liquidity that he brings 👍 And if he could only cut down on the rants a bit that would be great.

Since Euler refuses to give him an honorary lifetime Bet Angel Basic Trader membership I guess he will have to settle for a custom made meme as his only reward 👍

Are they trying to extract Stella Bot?
andy28

I can tell you exactly what going on in that image, they are looking for a pipe/cable, the two guys top left are not happy, they have dug a massive hole to the left out of picture and want an excavator brought in or else there will be hell to pay. The two next to them are a fresh crew brought in to help out, and they don't want to be there as they can tell it is a cluster f&^#. The guy in the hole is new and digging to impress the bosses and has no idea of what he is looking for, and in all likelihood put all the fill on where he should be digging. The two guys on their phones are trying to find the phone number of a guy called Bob who will know exactly where the pipe is, who probably should have been there from the get go.

The guy in the middle with a shovel is the one paying and pondering what this is all going to cost him and starting to think they are all cowboys. the guys at the bottom of the picture are spotters for another underground company there to make sure these clowns don't damage any of their assets and are happy as a pig in muck as they get paid to stand around and watch others dig.

And then there is always a member of the public there to state the obvious that they are digging in the wrong place and would have marked a spot with his boot where they should dig.

I guess it is the same with trading, if you don't have a plan you will end up in one massive hole.

ps Bob will have caller ID and won't answer because he knows they will want him to go there and the minute he does everyone else will piss of and leave it up to him to sort out
Kai

andy28 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:26 pm
I can tell you exactly what going on in that image, they are looking for a pipe/cable, the two guys top left are not happy, they have dug a massive hole to the left out of picture and want an excavator brought in or else there will be hell to pay. The two next to them are a fresh crew brought in to help out, and they don't want to be there as they can tell it is a cluster f&^#. The guy in the hole is new and digging to impress the bosses and has no idea of what he is looking for, and in all likelihood put all the fill on where he should be digging. The two guys on their phones are trying to find the phone number of a guy called Bob who will know exactly where the pipe is, who probably should have been there from the get go.

The guy in the middle with a shovel is the one paying and pondering what this is all going to cost him and starting to think they are all cowboys. the guys at the bottom of the picture are spotters for another underground company there to make sure these clowns don't damage any of their assets and are happy as a pig in muck as they get paid to stand around and watch others dig.

And then there is always a member of the public there to state the obvious that they are digging in the wrong place and would have marked a spot with his boot where they should dig.

I guess it is the same with trading, if you don't have a plan you will end up in one massive hole.

ps Bob will have caller ID and won't answer because he knows they will want him to go there and the minute he does everyone else will piss of and leave it up to him to sort out
That had me in stiches Andy :lol:
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:33 am
andy28 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:26 pm

That had me in stiches Andy :lol:
yes, Kai, andy had me rofl'ing as well.. lovely imagination.
The Silk Run

Concur Angel's, concur :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seth

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:18 am
:D As it never does any harm to ask when the worst they can say is no,

me: "You'll see I've recently gone over 250,000 markets, surely that got to be worth some free Betfair merch :)"
......looooong wait ...
BF : "I've just given you an account credit"

I actually just wanted a mug but they sent me this. tada ! Only 0.02p per market admittedly but I'm easily pleased.

Screenshot_11.jpg
I'm well over a million and never had so much as a bean off them, maybe my hamper will arrive in time for xmas.
Euler

Hampers and gratuities seem to have ground to a halt, no matter how much you have paid. I know many multi-million accounts who haven't had a bean for years!
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 pm
Hampers and gratuities seem to have ground to a halt,
Grats are for grooming. They usually dry up once a mutually beneficial relationship has been established.

Well that's the excuse I use when I'm asked why I don't buy her flowers on Sunday mornings anymore :)
Derek27

They've started sending out "Do not deposit or we'll close your account" mugs.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:11 pm
They usually dry up once a mutually beneficial relationship has been established.
Or when one party knows it they can treat you badly because they know you won't leave.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 pm
That's more than the long-standing prolific content providers get from BA. Not even a cheap pre-printed Christmas card. :roll:
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 pm
That's more than the long-standing prolific content providers get from BA. Not even a cheap pre-printed Christmas card. :roll:
On the contrary, I've actually bothered to send out cards over a number of years. But if we don't have an address we can't send anything!

We don't actually have a new designs this year. So I may have to send cheap pre-printed cards. :lol:
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:33 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:11 pm
They usually dry up once a mutually beneficial relationship has been established.
Or when one party knows it they can treat you badly because they know you won't leave.
I think we have the Gambling Commission to thank for the drying up of gifts/hospitality etc in this industry. https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/n ... p-customer
Euler

I'd be happy with a Merry Christmas email to be honest.

I can't remember which year it was but I got an email one year saying that because Christmas was on a Wednesday they would be taking PC out a day early. I had to laugh. Not even a, hope you have a good Christmas with it on anything.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:56 pm
I'd be happy with a Merry Christmas email to be honest.

I can't remember which year it was but I got an email one year saying that because Christmas was on a Wednesday they would be taking PC out a day early. I had to laugh. Not even a, hope you have a good Christmas with it on anything.
:lol:

Return to “General discussion”