Inform Racing vs TimeForm

A place to discuss anything.
Brovashift

Hi all,

I am looking at ways to speed up my horse racing analysis looking at form etc. as I am finding the Racing Post too disjointed and clunky, having to click around too much to find all the info. I want, which means it's taking a long time to look at several horses / races.

Informed racing and TimeForm have both been brought to my attention, but not sure if one is better than the other. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either, and if ones preferred. I see TimeForm also has football, but not sure if thats all in with the monthly subcription or if it's extra.

TIA
MobiusGrey

I'm a subscriber at Inform Racing and in my opinion is well worth the fee. I use the stats solely for finding value horses to lay, the layout of the racecards is excellent for forming a quick overview of whether there may be an opportunity, then delving deeper into the daily stats will reveal a whole plethora of information enabling you to form an opinion. There's a function that you can use for backtesting strategies (not that I use this) and a betting tissue which is excellent. Using various stats you can work out what the odds 'should' be on a horse, you can then see if you have value depending on market price.

You can get similar information on Timeform but you have to work very hard to get the information out, and even then you're missing stats such as the average rating over the horse over (x) runs, it's run style e.g 1(front runner) throught to 4(hold up horse).

You can very easily combine numerous stats to come up with your own systems, all in all, I'd highly recommend IR.
decomez6

Depending on your level of experience and how much you are currently making , I would seriously consider what mobius Grey has recommended.
I would also check out a few other free ones .. but not any where near the level of professionalism.

Ever checked this one out?

http://adrianmassey.no-ip.org/web1/pages/racfav.php
Derek27

I've only ever used Timeform so can't compare it to anything but I've always found their horse commentries (black book/racecards), race analysis and ratings invaluable. I couldn't do without them when I was a punter. It's a great shame they scrapped Timeform Radio as that was a really good listen.
Realrocknrolla

MobiusGrey wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:28 pm
I'm a subscriber at Inform Racing and in my opinion is well worth the fee. I use the stats solely for finding value horses to lay, the layout of the racecards is excellent for forming a quick overview of whether there may be an opportunity, then delving deeper into the daily stats will reveal a whole plethora of information enabling you to form an opinion. There's a function that you can use for backtesting strategies (not that I use this) and a betting tissue which is excellent. Using various stats you can work out what the odds 'should' be on a horse, you can then see if you have value depending on market price.

You can get similar information on Timeform but you have to work very hard to get the information out, and even then you're missing stats such as the average rating over the horse over (x) runs, it's run style e.g 1(front runner) throught to 4(hold up horse).

You can very easily combine numerous stats to come up with your own systems, all in all, I'd highly recommend IR.
+1

And great support if any questions.
Brovashift

This is brilliant... Thanks guys.

I will check out that freebie link, and maybe try a month sub of IR (Oct.) & TF (Nov.), and see how I get on.

Thanks ๐Ÿ‘
Brovashift

Do both IR & TF have live streaming? In particular, when the horses are parading, so we can see the condition of the horses i.e. sweating etc. in order to anticipate price movement. Or is this only on certain races/racing?

Betfair only shows the last 5mins before the race, so think I have only ever seen them in the parade ring once or twice, possible at a big event like Ascot.
Realrocknrolla

Brovashift wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:56 pm
This is brilliant... Thanks guys.

I will check out that freebie link, and maybe try a month sub of IR (Oct.) & TF (Nov.), and see how I get on.

Thanks ๐Ÿ‘
Inform Racing have one free card a day so I would try that before you part with money.

It is usually the first race of the day that is the free card.

Warwick today.

Keep us informed โ€œno pun intendedโ€
MobiusGrey

Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:08 pm
Do both IR & TF have live streaming? In particular, when the horses are parading, so we can see the condition of the horses i.e. sweating etc. in order to anticipate price movement. Or is this only on certain races/racing?

Betfair only shows the last 5mins before the race, so think I have only ever seen them in the parade ring once or twice, possible at a big event like Ascot.
Not sure about TF but IR sadly don't. It can get costly with various subscriptions so I just have IR and Now TV for Sky Sports/Racing. You can pick up the occasional price movement on Sky Racing, usually Matt Chapman or someone absolutely trashing a horse as they're going down will do it.
wearthefoxhat

For free info and everything to hand is the attheraces website.

https://www.attheraces.com/home

Has all the elements, Timeform comments, attributes specific to the horse's preferences...etc It has also got predictor ratings that are little known and ones I recommend in combo with the other information.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Has all the elements, Timeform comments, attributes specific to the horse's preferences...etc It has also got predictor ratings that are little known and ones I recommend in combo with the other information.
That predictor isn't far behind the Martingale. ;)
Realrocknrolla

An iptv subscription will get you the racing uk channels and the majority of football, cricket, nba, F1, golf, etc etc.

Not come across Lacrosse ๐Ÿฅ yet.
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:28 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:22 pm

That predictor isn't far behind the Martingale. ;)
:shock: :D
Brovashift

Woohoo...! :lol: Thanks guys ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Brovashift

Realrocknrolla wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:29 pm

An iptv subscription will get you the racing uk channels and the majority of football, cricket, nba, F1, golf, etc etc.

Not come across Lacrosse ๐Ÿฅ yet.
What is the lag like on iptv? Any recommendations?

Return to โ€œGeneral discussionโ€