Crash!!!!! Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

phil wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:39 pm
If your hard drive has actually gone faulty it's whole different problem, but I formatted my drive c hdd and thought all was lost but I recovered every bit of it free. First I used 'Disk Drill' that worked fine found all the files but when I wanted to save to another disk they wanted some money not a lot perhaps 50 or £60 so I tried 'Recova' free version and I got all back free. It does take a while even my ssd 250gb took a good few hours so a 2tb mechanical disk could run into a day or more but you can watch the files appearing and you'll a another large disk to recover them to . Hope that helps
I didn't think it was possible to recover data from an SSD due to TRIM?
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:23 am
Can anyone suggest any good software to recover an external drive that does not show up in windows 10.
I have lost all my colourful excel sheets and stats data from many years.
It is a 2TB seagate drive.
I fear i may have to format the drive (once i can see it) and all data will be lost forever.
Is there any way i can recover the drive, and the corresponding data?

Thanks

Tom
It's unthinkable for me not to have backups, preferably remote backups. If you've got another drive with enough capacity make a raw backup of the entire hard drive. It shouldn't matter if it's not formatted. A raw backup simply backs up every sector whether it's in use or not. Then you can use recovery software to search the hard drive for the old MFT and recover the files.
phil

No problem at all, my ssd had been formatted with a 'right click - format' by mistake , it hadn't been wiped with samungs software

Return to “General discussion”