Betfair Premium Charge

A place to discuss anything.
lsmiles

Thanks all for the info. I think contacting Betfair is probably the way to go.
Crazyskier

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:42 am
lsmiles wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:30 am
Thanks for the reply and that's where I thought it should be. I tried the link but get the 404 message stating the page doesn't exist.
The link is correct. Your Premium Charge page only shows up once your account reaches a certain level where qualification for PC becomes imminent.
I'm still saving up for mine. 🥹

CS
The Silk Run

Crazyskier wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:42 am
lsmiles wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:30 am
Thanks for the reply and that's where I thought it should be. I tried the link but get the 404 message stating the page doesn't exist.
The link is correct. Your Premium Charge page only shows up once your account reaches a certain level where qualification for PC becomes imminent.
I'm still saving up for mine. 🥹

CS
And I'm still avoiding it :D
Minnie LAI
jamesedwards

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:42 am

And I'm still avoiding it :D
Minnie LAI
Good work! I've managed to get my weekly Com% up from <5% to 20% and keep my lifetime% out of the higher tier bands. I see no hope of ever getting to 40% though.
Derek27

For the second week running, implied commission has been correct to the exact penny. I haven't changed my code, perhaps they've updated theirs. :)
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:48 pm
Good work! I've managed to get my weekly Com% up from <5% to 20% and keep my lifetime% out of the higher tier bands. I see no hope of ever getting to 40% though.
Another irritant about the way it's calculated is that Commission Generated (ie the one used in your ratio) is less than the amount you've actually paid if you're making money. :roll:
Screenshot_5.jpg
Not sure if that's a great example but you only get credit for half what you paid and half on your losses. If you lose < you win then that losing half isn't enough to make up for the half you paid that you're not creditted with. iykwim. If you never lost then comm gen would be half of what you actually paid.

I should have spotted that before but I just found an ancient spreadsheet which let me sum my comm paid right back to 2002 and it's more than my PC page is showing. Then the penny dropped. What's even more gauling is that my comm actually paid is 39.5% of my lifetime gross and using comm gen it's 32.5%.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:56 am

I should have spotted that before but I just found an ancient spreadsheet which let me sum my comm paid right back to 2002 and it's more than my PC page is showing. Then the penny dropped. What's even more gauling is that my comm actually paid is 39.5% of my lifetime gross and using comm gen it's 32.5%.
Yeah the calculation methodology is irritating.

Do you run specific comm producing strategies?

Gaz
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:31 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:56 am

Yeah the calculation methodology is irritating.

Do you run specific comm producing strategies?

Gaz
Yes and no, profitable strategy that breaks even on certain types of market.

But the main reason I generate a lot of comm is because my strike rate is not much over 50% and I don't hedge all of them, so it's larger amounts of commision. And with 75% of it being aus then the comm is at 5 or 6% not 2% too. So basically I win a lot, and lose a lot rather than having lots of small wins. In round numbers it might be like this...
Screenshot_4.jpg

It also means I have quite a lot of MBR discount points which helps with the aus comm rates, making those net profitable when they'd be loss making without it. So although that doesn't help with the weekly fees (you pay it somehow) I'd rather pay a fee on a weekly profit than not make a market profit in the first place. MBR discounts help even though some say they don't at the end of the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:42 pm

Yes and no, profitable strategy that breaks even on certain types of market.

It also means I have quite a lot of MBR discount points which helps with the aus comm rates, making those net profitable when they'd be loss making without it. So although that doesn't help with the weekly fees (you pay it somehow) I'd rather pay a fee on a weekly profit than not make a market profit in the first place. MBR discounts help even though some say they don't at the end of the week.
I don’t pay much in the way of commission. Maybe around 10%.

So I developed a comm bot. I’d rather pay comm that pc. This the typical output from the come bot.

IMG_3371.png

This is a typical analysis of a week for me without my comm bot.

Net Profit: $1302.80
Actual Commission Paid: $131.13
Implied Commission: $48.34
Total Commission (according to BF): $89.74
Gross Profit: $1433.93
Percentage Total Commission of Gross Profit: 6.26%

So it’s dropped 9.1% comm to 6.26%. It’s very unfair.
ShaunWhite

Either here or as a Rant, who doesn't use 2 trailing zeros after a decimal point aka currency format? :roll: It grinds my gears every time I see it.
Screenshot_4.jpg
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:10 am
Either here or as a Rant, who doesn't use 2 trailing zeros after a decimal point aka currency format? :roll: It grinds my gears every time I see it.

Screenshot_4.jpg
Bumfair. :)
Derek27

Generated commission correct to the exact penny.
Driftspite

Morning,

I logged in to check how much BF was goes to take in premium charges and it has gone from my 'Betting Activity' drop-down.

Has anyone else got this issue or is it just me?
gazuty

Another dumb move by BF.

The premium charge tab has disappeared. Why is that? I understand it is now suppressed if pc hasn’t been paid for 8 weeks.

However that’s very unhelpful. Most people who pay premium charge try to optimise and lessen its impact. Hiding that data from us is wrong.

I’ve already complained - vigorously. In fact, at least in Australia, suppression of that data is likely unlawful.

The more people that complain the better.

Through my comm manufacturing bot I stay just above the pc line. However, if BF hide the data how the hell am I going to know where the line is?

Sadly in case this is relevant I pay pc2.

Gaz.
gazuty

Driftspite wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:07 am
Morning,

I logged in to check how much BF was goes to take in premium charges and it has gone from my 'Betting Activity' drop-down.

Has anyone else got this issue or is it just me?
See viewtopic.php?t=24614&start=135

Dallas probably worth consolidating this thread back to the other thread - if that is ok to Driftspite.

Return to “General discussion”