Betfair Premium Charge

A place to discuss anything.
Stats101

Does anyone know if Premium Charge is applied to markets based in Australia? And whether any profit / loss in these markets contribute to your gross profit / loss figure in the calculation?

I had my biggest loss of the year last week (accounting for about 10% of my yearly profits) on an Australian market last week. I thought one positive would be that I wouldn't have to pay Premium Charge for a few weeks. Upon checking my Premium Charge statement for the past week, it states that I made a profit overall (and has not included the one big loss I made).

I have had two other erroneous Premium Charge statements in the past 6 weeks, so was wondering if anyone else is having problems?
PDC

Yes they should be included.
Stats101

Cheers for confirming this.
rik

Stats101 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:48 am
Does anyone know if Premium Charge is applied to markets based in Australia? And whether any profit / loss in these markets contribute to your gross profit / loss figure in the calculation?

I had my biggest loss of the year last week (accounting for about 10% of my yearly profits) on an Australian market last week. I thought one positive would be that I wouldn't have to pay Premium Charge for a few weeks. Upon checking my Premium Charge statement for the past week, it states that I made a profit overall (and has not included the one big loss I made).

I have had two other erroneous Premium Charge statements in the past 6 weeks, so was wondering if anyone else is having problems?
Know why it could be? My statement is showing about 3000 higher total than it should be
LinusP

Mine is wrong as well, few others have issues, you can be sure this will get sorted eventually :lol:
Euler

So, from what I read, Betfair are not counting losses for the purposes of premium charge again?
jamesedwards

I hate so much the cloak and daggers approach from Betfair on PC. Nothing ever matches up and they won't share with me how market fixes contribute or don't towards your weekly total or even what time they cut off the end of a week/start of a new week. Does anyone here know?
Naffman

Mine appears lower than it should be so no complaints here :P

But it seems you definitely have to monitor it every week now as they've changed their calculations somewhere.
BFDon

From my statement my Gross P+L and Implied Commission are about 40% of what they were
PDC

Does anyone know if they are told about issues, like this week, do they recalculate everyones or only those that notice and complain?

I stupidly have never checked mine as I just trusted they got it right as I thought it was just a thing they ran automatically each week and nothing changes in the calculation and therefore nothing should go wrong.
Stats101

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:10 pm
I hate so much the cloak and daggers approach from Betfair on PC. Nothing ever matches up and they won't share with me how market fixes contribute or don't towards your weekly total or even what time they cut off the end of a week/start of a new week. Does anyone here know?
I believe the cut off times for Premium Charge calcualtions are 00:00 GMT on a Monday until 00:00 GMT the following Monday. For UK users, when we are in British Summer Time, the Premium Charge period is from 01:00 until 01:00 on the Mondays.

The easiest way I get an estimate for commission generated for the week is to look at the accumulated Betfair points, and halve that total. Only takes a few seconds and the estimate is pretty accurate. I only check to get a ball park figure, so may miss small mistakes.
Euler

I can't remember the last time I looked at Betfair points, I actually thought they had been abolished? I can't actually see anything on my account, or am I being a dimwit?
Stats101

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:05 pm
I can't remember the last time I looked at Betfair points, I actually thought they had been abolished? I can't actually see anything on my account, or am I being a dimwit?
Yeah, they were abolised, but you can still see them using this link:

https://myaccount.betfair.com/rewards/p ... d-holidays
Euler

Thanks for the tip!
Euler

Stats101 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:57 pm
The easiest way I get an estimate for commission generated for the week is to look at the accumulated Betfair points, and halve that total. Only takes a few seconds and the estimate is pretty accurate. I only check to get a ball park figure, so may miss small mistakes.
Top tip!

Return to “General discussion”