Betfair Premium Charge

A place to discuss anything.
Stats101

Yep, mine is back to what it should be. Thanks for everyone's input regarding this. It has been interesting to hear of other people's experiences with regards to Premium Charge.
Euler

Mine has also been updated.
jamesedwards

Mine too. Gross profit +4.5%, Implied Com +20.6%, PC owed -1.1%. A strange combination of adjustments.
rik

Not adjusted for me, more than double than what it should be.
PDC

Mine has adjusted and they took the newly adjusted figure from my account earlier. Annoyingly it worked against me as my PC bill went up from what it was originally. :cry:
PDC

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 am
So, from what I read, Betfair are not counting losses for the purposes of premium charge again?
Is this what happened do we know?

If it is I don't understand how my Gross profit for the week went up and the amount of Premium Charge owed went up if they have now, by re-running the PC calculations, added in losses, shouldn't adding in losses lowered the Gross Profit and lowered the PC?

Or was the issue something else or is my knowledge lacking?
PDC

Has anyone figured out what has been changed and why and checked if the new Premium Charge statements are correct that have been issued to everyone?

I can't get my head around it as my new PC statement has a higher Gross Profit for the week and that doesn't match my Gross Profit for the week when I add up my Gross Profit for the week using my Bet History.

The Bet History Gross Profit matches the original Premium Charge statement.

My original Premium Charge statement had a low number of markets traded which is now corrected on the new version.
Stats101

I revisited this tonight and based on my figures, I think the first Premium Charge report they produced only covered the period from Monday to Saturday. The difference between the incorrect and correct statements match the profit / loss and commission from the Sunday. Could be total coincidence, but I suspect that is what occurred.
PDC

Stats101 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:05 am
I revisited this tonight and based on my figures, I think the first Premium Charge report they produced only covered the period from Monday to Saturday. The difference between the incorrect and correct statements match the profit / loss and commission from the Sunday. Could be total coincidence, but I suspect that is what occurred.
Thank you for looking at it.

You are correct, the original PC statements had been ran Monday - Saturday (25/10 - 30/10). The re-issued ones have been run Monday - Sunday (25/10 - 31/10).

When checking mine I was making the same mistake Betfair was making, forgetting October had 31 days in it and not 30 days, so I was running my Profit and Loss reports and Bet History reports 25/10 - 30/10. Not to 31/10 as I should have been. Now I have corrected my error everything matches up.

I blame my mistake on my tiredness having been trading the Australia racing and getting very little sleep :lol:

Though I do wish Betfair like most other sites gave a date drop down selector rather than manually having to type in the dates.

Puzzle solved!
BFDon

Is anyones wrong again this week?

My profit about 2x higher than it should be

Maybe it's down to a resettled market but as far as i can tell in my account all markets were settled well before midnight, no var instances or signs of a resettlement.
Naffman

BFDon wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:53 am

Maybe it's down to a resettled market but as far as i can tell in my account all markets were settled well before midnight, no var instances or signs of a resettlement.
Seems round about where it should be here
BFDon

Thanks, perhaps a similar situation to here viewtopic.php?t=24433&p=278719

I'll contact them
Naffman

BFDon wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:27 am
Thanks, perhaps a similar situation to here viewtopic.php?t=24433&p=278719

I'll contact them
Y, sounds like they have a problem with resettled markets in PC
Stats101

BFDon wrote:

Yep, mine is not correct again. It is in my favour this week, but can't work out what has caused the discrepancy.
BFDon

Stats101 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:09 pm
BFDon wrote:

Yep, mine is not correct again. It is in my favour this week, but can't work out what has caused the discrepancy.
Did you have to contact them before they resolved it for you? I've notified them and hopefully they get it sorted today before it goes out tomorrow.

Return to “General discussion”