List of countries betfair. com is available from

A place to discuss anything.
clara

Hard to find this info not even asking betfair themselves so let´s make our own list! I´ll update on this post the reports sent by traders all over the world. As far as we know betfair. com is fully available from these countries:

-UK
-Ireland
-Malta
-Andorra
-Gibraltar
-Brazil
-Romania *( As far as I know in Romania you get re-directed to the .ro site were you have acces to international liquidity but you have to open a romanian account, your .com account is not valid... Will look for confirmation )

Please note the majority of the rest of countries have the betfair. com site banned or re-directs you to the local betfair site with no acces to international liquidity.
Last edited by clara on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Euler

Romania
Brazil

Probably best to head it, where is Befair legal?
clara

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:14 am
Romania
Brazil

Probably best to head it, where is Befair legal?
Added! ;)
As far as I know in Romania you get re-directed to the .ro site were you have acces to international liquidity but you have to open a romanian account, your .com account is not valid... Will look for confirmation.
Vladimir CC

clara wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:31 am
Added! ;)
As far as I know in Romania you get re-directed to the .ro site were you have acces to international liquidity but you have to open a romanian account, your .com account is not valid... Will look for confirmation.
I can confirm. I had oppened my .com account and 7 months later when the new betting legislation passed I was transferred to .ro without any possibility to access my account from a .com endpoint. But BA still works just fine nonetheless. The only pain in the ass is that you won't have access to historical data because BF doesn't bother to implement a .ro endpoint for that service.
Sonny

Not sure how reliable this site is, last updated Feb 24th 2023:

https://globalextramoney.com/bookmakers ... books#toc9

"Betfair Exchange - Currently available only in the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Malta, Jersey, IOM, Guernsey, Gibraltar, New Zealand, Chile, Brazil & USA Colorado (Indiana is coming soon)"
Kai

Sonny wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:29 pm
USA Colorado
Does this mean we can now move to South Park, Colorado

If it's good enough for Prince Harry...
Sonny

https://www.ra-goldenstein.de/neuigkeit ... onen-euro/

(Article in German)
ChatGPT Synopsis:

"In a recent ruling by the Landgericht (LG) Kleve in North Rhine-Westphalia, a gambler has been awarded a staggering €546,006 plus interest for his losses in online gambling, confirming the right of affected gamblers to reclaim their losses from companies operating without a German license. The plaintiff deposited €1,849,507 with the Maltese gambling company Martingale Malta 2 between July 2012 and October 2020, but only withdrew €1,303,501, losing the rest on the website. Despite the absence of a German license, Martingale Malta 2 targeted German customers, a practice now deemed illegal following the nationwide liberalization of online gambling in July 2021.

The verdict in Kleve is part of a trend of consumer-friendly decisions across German civil courts, with many rulings favouring plaintiffs in similar cases. A case involving Tipico was scheduled for the Bundesgerichtshof (Federal Court of Justice) in March 2024, but was postponed due to ongoing settlement negotiations. Tipico's willingness to settle suggests a desire to avoid a precedent-setting ruling and potential flood of lawsuits."

Quote of the plaintiff's lawyer:

"For the responsible gambling providers, their own greed for profit becomes a boomerang through the claims of their German customers. More and more affected consumers are becoming aware of the illegality of the respective offers and are reclaiming their losses," says the jurist. This claim for reimbursement exists because the contracts between the gambling providers and their German customers are void. "It is not possible to enter into legally binding contracts for an illegal offer." The providers argue, however, that they are legal in Germany with licenses from EU countries such as Malta or Cyprus. But the European Court of Justice, the Federal Administrative Court, and the Federal Court of Justice have confirmed that national gambling laws concerning youth and consumer protection are to be weighed higher than entrepreneurial freedom."

---

Re: this thread as I reckon that (at least in the European Union) any grey area countries without a distinct license will disappear from the Betfair/Betdaq map pretty soon.
Jhon32

To not open a new topic i have a question about this area.
If i lived in a country that betfair has legal rights to operate and now i moved, it is legal for me to use a vpn to acces my account?
I saw a lot of people trading with vpn and i dont know if that is legal or not.

In my opinion i dont see any problem if i still have an id of that country, just my work and taxes are in other country, what do you think about that?
Kai

Jhon32 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:54 am
If i lived in a country that betfair has legal rights to operate and now i moved, it is legal for me to use a vpn to acces my account?
Yes, if it wasn't allowed then Bet Angel VPS wouldn't be a service
firlandsfarm

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:24 pm
Jhon32 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:54 am
Yes, if it wasn't allowed then Bet Angel VPS wouldn't be a service
I'm thinking there is a bit of confusion here between VPN and VPS. But can a person living in an unauthorised country use a VPS in an authorised country? That seems too easy to circumvent the rules! (Oh and be careful if you discuss this with Bf directly ... I raised a VPS question with them and was told they did not allow VPN connection. The person who responded did not know the difference!).
Kai

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:37 am
But can a person living in an unauthorised country use a VPS in an authorised country?
Afaik their BF acc address is the important bit, if it says authorised country then yes

You can't take support agent's word as gospel, they can quote the T&C etc but aren't privy to all the nuances
firlandsfarm

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:13 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:37 am
But can a person living in an unauthorised country use a VPS in an authorised country?
Afaik their BF acc address is the important bit, if it says authorised country then yes
I appreciate what the rules say Kai, my point was really how easy is it for someone in a banned country claiming to be living in an 'allowed' country and using a VPS located in that 'allowed' country 'to get a BF account? (Does not apply to me personally! ;) )
eightbo

You need to send in proof of address documents e.g. utility bill for that

Once bf account in place, accessing for example a BetAngel VPS in UK from a "banned country" should be no issue as all your traffic requests are originating honestly from a place of legal origin
firlandsfarm

eightbo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:05 pm
You need to send in proof of address documents e.g. utility bill for that

Once bf account in place, accessing for example a BetAngel VPS in UK from a "banned country" should be no issue as all your traffic requests are originating honestly from a place of legal origin
That was my thinking! ... is there a market in opening Bf accounts in say the UK and 'selling' them to those in banned countries!? :D
Kai

Return to “General discussion”