Automation of record keeping?

A place to discuss anything.
Brovashift

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:16 pm
It is piss easy to use. Like you said just download your P n L individually and import into the spreadsheet. Lots of nice charts and graphs and pivot tables.
Ye... I looked at it last night on my phone but didnt dive too deep into it. I watched the youtube videos before on my PC and man, it does even more than I need. Looks brilliant!

Out of curiosity, what excel version are you using? Im using MS Excel 2007 on a windows 10 machine which is listed as all good in the requirements on the BFMG website, but for some reason I cant get it to open, says its corrupt. And the BF lifetime report says some issue with Macros.

I've ping'd over an email to him anyway, just waiting for a reply.
Realrocknrolla

Im on 2016 but since i have upgraded to Windows 11 all my office suites upgraded to 365 which is a bonus.
Brovashift

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:05 pm
Im on 2016 but since i have upgraded to Windows 11 all my office suites upgraded to 365 which is a bonus.
All working now, he forwarded me another version in older file format. How does Windows 11 compare to 10, any good? Im always reluctant to upgrade too soon, until I know all the bugs and issues have been worked through. Been like that since the epic failure that was Windows Vista lol.
Realrocknrolla

All fine for me mate. I had to uninstall one application and re install but apart from that I had no problem.

I like the upgrade, it seems slicker.

PS good luck with the analysis
Brovashift

Cheers mate 👍
CallumPerry

Just to clarify, yes I simply meant create a new rules file, add a stored value then from the drop-down check out all of the options BA would record for you automatically. You then select all markets, auto-bind throughout the day and you have everything you need.

Since getting back from work, I see you have been recommended another spreadsheet that takes your data and displays it with fancy graphs/charts. Let me know if it's any good! I like a good, colourful output to slice and dice my info. As has been said, it's good to see your performance (/ a bot) from a wider perspective.
Brovashift

CallumPerry wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Just to clarify, yes I simply meant create a new rules file, add a stored value then from the drop-down check out all of the options BA would record for you automatically. You then select all markets, auto-bind throughout the day and you have everything you need.

Since getting back from work, I see you have been recommended another spreadsheet that takes your data and displays it with fancy graphs/charts. Let me know if it's any good! I like a good, colourful output to slice and dice my info. As has been said, it's good to see your performance (/ a bot) from a wider perspective.
Cheers Callum, yes the BFMG spreadsheet is very good, very easy to use, and it breaks all your data down so you can clearly see what areas are working and what aren't.
I've discovered that a lot of my betfair activity has been matched betting as well as trading, so the data is all a bit mixed up with losses that aren't losses, just money moving from exchange to bookies / bookies to exchange. So I have now moved all non trading activity away from betfair and into Smarkets now, so going forward only trading data will be added to the BFMG spreadsheet.
Also very easy to upload BF data, litterally about 6 mouse clicks, about 30 seconds. And for the price as welll... Excellent.

Return to “General discussion”