Starting to think there is no money in automation

A place to discuss anything.
Anbell

Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:22 am
Anbell wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:11 am
If a horse is 13.0, there's approximately 8% chance that it will win.
...and if the same race with the same horses were run thirteen times, the market thinks that horse will win one of those thirteen races - yesterday was that one-in-thirteen win. That's how it works - risk and reward!

Unlucky on this occasion mtrehearn.
Not unlucky: It's just math. OP really needs "get their head around that."
jimibt

Cardano wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:00 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Automation is where the money is at. Take a standard strategy, refine it, improve its execution and away you go.

Where people go wrong is they are looking for just some generic automation that prints money endlessly on every market they apply it to. That's probably the hardest thing to do.

Creating good automation and applying to the right market will yield good results. I have something running virtually 24x7 now, but they all started as much simpler strategies a long time ago and have been refined and evolved from there.

Anything worth doing, is going to take time and effort.
Totally agree - and I would add In-Play to that - Back/Lay
did you manage to get the back/lay automation up and running??
Cardano

jimibt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:01 pm
Cardano wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:00 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Automation is where the money is at. Take a standard strategy, refine it, improve its execution and away you go.

Where people go wrong is they are looking for just some generic automation that prints money endlessly on every market they apply it to. That's probably the hardest thing to do.

Creating good automation and applying to the right market will yield good results. I have something running virtually 24x7 now, but they all started as much simpler strategies a long time ago and have been refined and evolved from there.

Anything worth doing, is going to take time and effort.
Totally agree - and I would add In-Play to that - Back/Lay
did you manage to get the back/lay automation up and running??
You 'win' some
You 'lose' some
Work in progress
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”