Betangel on Parallels vm

A place to discuss anything.
Hepburn

Hello everyone do you know if Betangel professional will work on the new Parallels VM for mac m1?
Am only on mac these days and thinking of trading again.

Just asking before I buy parallels. It looks really nifty! Windows can be in another window! amazing.
fazzer

I used to run it on a Macbook Pro i7 using parallels without any problems. I would expect a newer model would be ok unless they have built in some stupid restrictions because of the Apple processor.
Euler

Hepburn wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:43 am
Hello everyone do you know if Betangel professional will work on the new Parallels VM for mac m1?

Just asking before I buy parallels. It looks really nifty! Windows can be in another window! amazing.
Yes, I have a Mac Pro M1 and it works really well. If you use coherence mode in Parallels you can't tell you are running Bet Angel on a Mac. It looks and feels like you are running it natively.
Hepburn

Euler wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:50 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:43 am

Yes, I have a Mac Pro M1 and it works really well. If you use coherence mode in Parallels you can't tell you are running Bet Angel on a Mac. It looks and feels like you are running it natively.
Ah brilliant! This is great news! Thanks
Archery1969

Works perfectly on Mac Air M1. :)
ShaunWhite

Quick side question.... Why mac? I've never seen the appeal. Just seems expensive with an inflexible OS that's poorly served when it comes to open source projects and utilities. The original selling point was design but even that's not very special these days.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:01 pm
Quick side question.... Why mac? I've never seen the appeal. Just seems expensive with an inflexible OS that's poorly served when it comes to open source projects and utilities. The original selling point was design but even that's not very special these days.
I use a PC now but I've always preferred the look and feel of a Mac.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:01 pm
I bought a Mac laptop as a back up device, but also because we need one to provide support to Mac customers. But the more I've used it the more I like it and it's easy to PC stuff on there now.

From trading it's ideal thanks to the touchpad gesture controls. You can flick between apps or screens really easily.
Archery1969

For me, having owned many Windows Machines from cheap to expensive I find the screen on a MacBook far superior. Also, i dont think I have ever had a virus since switching to a Mac.
Hepburn

I use logic pro X for music creation and the adobe apps for design work. Be nice to have everything together.

Return to “General discussion”