One tick scalping strategy

A place to discuss anything.
Euforia99

Hello everyone,

I am slowly entering the world of sports trading :) I am a total beginner, I bet for a long time and lost a lot of money, then I started to do a little research on the internet and realized how much the exchange brings benefits. I’ve installed a bet angel and
for now, it seems a bit confusing but I guess it's normal when you're a beginner, I hope I'll manage., I’m currently in practice mode but in about 20 days I’m starting to play for real money. What caught my eye, and seems too easy is one tick scalping. Of course, with a smart investment in big favorites and events where there is a lot of money, it seems impossible to fail? I start with a bank of 1000-1500e, do you think it is realistic to earn 20-30e a day from this strategy? With stakes of about 10-20% per trade? Somehow it seems to me that this is the best way for my bank to grow to begin with. There are many horse races, football, tennis ... What is good is that you can repeat this strategy several times in the same match. Please opinion on this, I may sound naive but I would like you to introduce me more to this strategy :)
Derek27

Euforia99 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 pm
Hello everyone,

I am slowly entering the world of sports trading :) I am a total beginner, I bet for a long time and lost a lot of money, then I started to do a little research on the internet and realized how much the exchange brings benefits. I’ve installed a bet angel and
for now, it seems a bit confusing but I guess it's normal when you're a beginner, I hope I'll manage., I’m currently in practice mode but in about 20 days I’m starting to play for real money. What caught my eye, and seems too easy is one tick scalping. Of course, with a smart investment in big favorites and events where there is a lot of money, it seems impossible to fail? I start with a bank of 1000-1500e, do you think it is realistic to earn 20-30e a day from this strategy? With stakes of about 10-20% per trade? Somehow it seems to me that this is the best way for my bank to grow to begin with. There are many horse races, football, tennis ... What is good is that you can repeat this strategy several times in the same match. Please opinion on this, I may sound naive but I would like you to introduce me more to this strategy :)
Welcome to the forum Euforia99. :)

My advice is to start off with small stakes. 10-20% of your bank is quite a lot. You can see if you're profitable by using £5 or £10 stakes without risking too much. Scalping is actually quite tricky. You make one-tick profits but when the market goes against you you can lose quite a few ticks when you have to close trade.

There are many videos and strategies you could consider in the BA Academy. https://www.betangelacademy.com/
jamesedwards

Euforia99 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 pm
Hello everyone,

From my own research I gather scalping is significantly more difficult now than it was 10 years ago. I have tried and failed to scalp successfully so I can't comment much else, but I would say be careful with expectations when moving from Practise to Real mode. The dynamics will be different as you become part of the market. Start Real mode with minimum stakes and build up very slowly. Certainly do not go marching in with stakes as big as 10% of your bank!
Euforia99

Of course, nothing is easy and safe :) Thanks for the opinions guys, I bet big because the return from scalping is very small. Perhaps it is best to stay away from this. I will focus mostly on tennis and football strategies with stakes of 1-2%. I don't know anything about horses, I never bet on them, but a month ago I found the Maria Lay system, in 2005 someone on a forum with this system managed to turn 3000 into 100000, which is really impressive in 303 days, I guess you're familiar with that story... I had to put him to the test, and for now, it seems pretty solid, after 13 days the profit is $ 175 with a starting bank of 1000. Strike rate 87.38% on 103 bets. As a selection, I use Timeform mostly on two or three star horses that have very strong competition and of course, I try to grab the best possible odds. While testing this system, I noticed that from the early morning until the start of the race, the odds sometimes change drastically, especially for the favorites. If you know a video that can help me learn what the main indicators are that the odds will fall on a horse, I would be very grateful.
Derek27

Euforia99 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:24 pm
I bet big because the return from scalping is very small.
But your losses will be small if you bet small!

Most people lose or break even when they start out, so it makes sense not to have any ambition of making £x a day or month and just see if you can be profitable. Small stakes will tell you when you're profitable and ready to move up a gear.
jamesedwards

Use £1 stakes and if that makes a profit move up to £2 stakes, then £3 etc etc. At some point you will reach a stake value where your strategy no longer makes a profit. If you go in high and fail you won't know whether your strategy isn't any good or just that the stake size is too big.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:17 am
Use £1 stakes and if that makes a profit move up to £2 stakes, then £3 etc etc. At some point you will reach a stake value where your strategy no longer makes a profit. If you go in high and fail you won't know whether your strategy isn't any good or just that the stake size is too big.
+1. And if things go tits-up, you'll lose a few quid instead of £200. :)
alexmr2

Most racing markets aren't suited to scalping these days but it's a start to experience the markets and come up with other ideas.

Most likely you will make a few 1t profits and then when it goes the wrong way you will hold on to the loss and lose more than your profits.

I'd advise watching lots of Bet Angel videos on pre-off trades, how to win more than you lose and the psychology etc

Return to “General discussion”