Help with race selection

A place to discuss anything.
mtrehearn

Hi everyone,

I am looking to bounce around ideas about race selection. I have made a bot that targets to lay a horse running at the middle / back. As you can see from the picture I have run it over 1670 races and it traded 1105 of them.

I have made adjustments to the races it's applied to (as per the picture) and the profit is looking a lot lot healthier (considering its £2 stakes).

I am happy to do adjustment 1 (removing major events, shorter races and races with fewer horses) as this removes races that are a bit more of an "even field".

I think adjustment 2 is fair in that by removing App and Cond races it removes lower quality / less experienced races.

Adjustment 3 is where I am second guessing myself. So Nov Hcap Chs, Nov Hcap Hrd and Nov Stks just seem to phase my bot and so does the Ayr racetrack. For some reason 1m4f Hcap, specifically Hcap and not all 1m4f races also has an issue.

Is there any good reason / justification to remove these as well as the others as a blanket approach (like removing 6f and under races for eg)? Don't want to just remove races for the sake of it but looking for reasons to remove it / them.

The second picture is my total losses before doing the third adjustment. If anyone can offer any tips or suggestions to minimise any of these losses that would be appreciated.

Thank you everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”