Udemy

A place to discuss anything.
Waftycrancker

Hi,

I'm looking for Udemy course recommendations, ideally keeping the costs as low as possible as funds are limited at the moment but I could always save the higher priced ones for future!

Currently my experience is basic (ish) Excel, I have done previous Udemy courses on advance Excel.
I'm not sure what direction I should/want to take so recommendations may also help with that.

I've looked at Python and Panda but that seems I giant leap from where I am. C# looks a bit more realistic, maybe. I'm sure there is also a lot more I can learn in Excel.

Pretty much anything that will add skills needed. I focus on automation so obviously need to learn how to use/read data etc to find and test patterns.

I have been searching myself but it's always helpful to hear what others found useful.

I'm not to concerned if it's not on Udemy, it is just what I have previously used and I like the course layouts.

Thank you.
MemphisFlash

try power query. that is a great addition to excel and a logical first step.
ShaunWhite

Power query etc won't be any use to you unless you've got some data, and if funds are limitted then buying the Pro data is out of the question so you'll need to collect your own. The question then becomes what quality of data you need to do the type of automation you want to do. So define the questions you're trying to answer and then it might be possible for some to give you the answers you're looking for.
Waftycrancker

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:29 am
try power query. that is a great addition to excel and a logical first step.
Thank you Memphis. I've looked at power query, always had issues arranging the data collected via Bet Angel sv so it's use able, may be worth another look though.
Waftycrancker

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:10 am
Power query etc won't be any use to you unless you've got some data, and if funds are limitted then buying the Pro data is out of the question so you'll need to collect your own. The question then becomes what quality of data you need to do the type of automation you want to do. So define the questions you're trying to answer and then it might be possible for some to give you the answers you're looking for.
I've previously been trying to collect data via Bet Angel sv but using it after seems to be an issue.
At the moment I'm trying to start simple, probably looking at what everyone looks at and that's what different values effect price movement. Hopefully to be able to tweak one of the example bots to work as a start, like the late reversale for example looks interesting. I would imagine vol, ltp etc would decide wether it's a good idea to enter or if the price is just going to continue to rise.
I'm not sure which/what or anything so I figured data would hopefully help with that sort of thing.

Return to “General discussion”