Am I being pedantic?

A place to discuss anything.
eatyourgreens

Maybe I am,

I have just been looking at bf "terms and conditions" for "extra place races", part of it reads:-

"What do I need to know?
BOG applies from 8am on the day of the race.
Applies to singles and multiple bets.
If there are less than 16 starters, we will pay 4 places.
If there are less than 8 starters, we will pay 3 places.
If there are less than 6 starters we will pay 2 places."

Although I understand it all, and know what is intended, I thought it was not defined as clearly as it could be. For instance, "If there are less than 16 starters, we will pay 4 places"........well, 5 starters is less than 16 !!!!............I know it also states "less than 8" and "less than 6"...............but 5 is still less than 16!

I spoke to BF chat, just to (politely) say I thought they could define it better and I was shrugged off as if I am stupid, which I am! (but clever enough to know that I'm stupid,... just!).

And what about a 2 horse race? 2 is less than 8, so they will pay out 3 places !! and 2 is less than 6, so they will payout on both of them!!

Am I being pedantic?

have a nice day! ;)

ps, I have never done any "extra place races" and I am not sure if it only applies to certain races, but on the bf banner advertising "extra place races" there is a button that says "bet now" (so you assume it will take you to "extra place races")........it takes you to all upcoming races.

Return to “General discussion”