Strategies and Betfair

A place to discuss anything.
Hepburn

So if I have what look like a successful strategy so far and wanted to share that with a family member. Will Betfair not like that? Seeing similar trades, same last name but not same address.

I just don't want to get anything wrong and be kicked off Betfair.

Betdaq ok with this?
Last edited by Hepburn on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Hepburn wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:31 am
So if I have what look like a successful strategy so far and wanted to share that with a family member. Will Betfair not like that? Seeing similar trades, same last name but not same address.

I just don't want to get anything wrong and be kicked off Betfair.

Betdaq ok with this?
Tricky one. My understanding is you'd only be breaking the rules if your family members are placing your own money from their account, thus avoiding PC. That said, their algorithms might still raise an alert.
Hepburn

OK if it will flag it I wont bother sharing my strategy. Worked too hard to lose it.
ShaunWhite

How identifiable is it? .... Millisecond precision or something anyone might find? But there'll only be an issue if its clear collusion, two people both making money doing the same thing is no big deal, two people colluding to reduce fees obviously is.
Hepburn

Carefully chosen pre off selections. Bet placed in the last 20 seconds.

I was thinking of sharing the selections with a family member. I certainly wont be giving them any money.

Return to “General discussion”