RED weather warning

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Food waste bin pongs after just three days!
Derek27

Look on the bright side, we'll be growing bananas and coconuts soon. :D
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:36 pm
Food waste bin pongs after just three days!
Emptied it now. If I had the money I would have hired a stunt man to do it!
Derek27

Hot, sunny and windy, what a strange combination!
ShaunWhite

Make the most of the warm weather today. Looks like nothing much better than room temperature for the rest of the year and probably not long before we're shovelling tenners into the boiler again.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 pm
Make the most of the warm weather today. Looks like nothing much better than room temperature for the rest of the year and probably not long before we're shovelling tenners into the boiler again.
The heatwave's over for me but for once I can't complain/rant. We've had a pretty good summer this year, just wish it was less cloud and more sunshine.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:54 pm
The heatwave's over for me but for once I can't complain/rant.
:D I'm just praying for enough good weather to get that tomato of yours ripe! I'm not sure I could bear the disappointment of another season without any success. :(
ShaunWhite

Spoke too soon :D I can confirm that here under the purple bit it's absolutely throwing it down.
Quite nice actually.
Screenshot_20220815-152214_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I'm used to seeing people in films get excited when the rain comes but I can't believe it's happening for real, over here! :lol:
Derek27

The cold weather we've had of late could stop this year from being the hottest on record.
andy28

Looks like no trading for me today as we are in a Red Warning for flooding a Wind. Just went to the river and it is raging, 450mm of rain in ranges over night. Also flooding just around the corner. I use my elevation app and were I am sitting is 2m at best 3m above the river level. I use to work on the roading network and have never seen so much damage. I think this one is bigger than Cyclone Bola.

What makes me laugh is my evacuation center is next to the river, so will be first to under :roll:
ShaunWhite

It looks pretty bad from the satellite images Andy. Keep safe, and no heroics getting photos.
andy28

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:37 am
It looks pretty bad from the satellite images Andy. Keep safe, and no heroics getting photos.
The evacuation center was evacuated lol, moved to the school near me so I guess they get flooded I go under as well.

I worked in Cyclone Bola so I know what's going to happen, and the School is not where I would move people as the worst is still to come, Rain stopped here but they got 400mm in ranges last night and it takes 24hrs for that to reach here. Bridge near the ranges gone
andy28

Now no water for 3-4 days. There are talks in this country to relocate towns due to global warming and tbh I have to agree. Every town/city in this country either sit on the coast where tidal erosion takes more land with each storm, or they sit on the edge of a river, that now days cant cope. Logging is a major cause with their slash and the greenies that stopped metal being taken from the rivers.

They shut 2 plants down in my area and in 3yrs the rivers are slowly filling with metal washed down from the ranges each storm, and what will happen to this fresh lot of rocks? Absolutely nothing as it is an offence to take metal from a river and why was it stopped? For what they called noise pollution. These people moved into the area knowing crushers were there then campaigned to shut them down. Those people should be accountable and be held to account.

The last storm brought down 1m tones of slash and this one would have brought down even more. So river chocked with metal and slash will have even more, events like this are common now and the reduced capacity of the river will only make it worse. It's the snowball effect

After Auckland flood just 2 weeks ago insurance companies saying they won't insure houses/Businesses against flood, so with this event impacting on even more properties they like the rest of us will run for the hills.

As you may have noticed one very pissed off camper here
Derek27

100,000 years from now the Earth will be at its closest to the sun in January, as it is now, but the south pole will have its maximum tilt towards the sun. Australia will have things really bad then.

Return to “General discussion”