RED weather warning

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

I'm just glad its returned to somewhat normal temperatures, and that it only lasted 2 days, just the thought of enduring those temps for a week or more doesn't bare thinking about
Derek27

I wish they'd make up their mind when the rain's coming, it's been put off again, but trading in the garden is usually the catalyst.
Derek27

After that mini heatwave we've just had, next time it's 30ºC it won't even feel hot. :(
Derek27

That's the end of the heatwave, a short sharp shock.

Ideally, I'd like a two-week heatwave. Starting at 25ºC, gradually rising to 35, a couple of days rest bite at 28, 2 or 3 more days at 35 followed by heavy rain and ferocious thunderstorms to water the garden and mark the end of the heatwave. :D
Derek27

I've just been outside. It's flipping freezing, 19ºC! :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:06 pm
I've just been outside. It's flipping freezing, 19ºC! :lol:
Still 21C downstairs, 25C up stairs borderline whether I can sleep up there. The humidity has risn from a low of 19% yesterday, to 77% and rising now.
As has been pointed out, dry heat seems extreme, but is manageable. Although 19% humidity and 39C was beyond me. 40C with 70% humidity, I would suggest, would be deadly for quite a few.
Derek27

That little heatwave has really fucked me up. Popped out for a fag and felt comfortable at 17.8ºC, went back into the flat with an air temperature of 24.7ºC and the blast of heat almost knocked me over. :lol:
Derek27

The rain never arrived and no sign of any in the forecast. Barely a drop of rain in April, water butt empty because some idiot from Amazon chucked a parcel over my garden fence and knocked the tap off, don't think I've ever known such a long drought.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:21 pm
The rain never arrived and no sign of any in the forecast. Barely a drop of rain in April, water butt empty because some idiot from Amazon chucked a parcel over my garden fence and knocked the tap off, don't think I've ever known such a long drought.
Because of where my local regular walks are I can say for sure things are a lot drier over the last few years. We get spells of wet weather but the state of my local paths show it's much drier. They used to be quagmire's from autumn to late spring. Now they're bone dry and the moisture from any downpours just disappears in days. And we're back to dusty, cracked surfaces.
blablok

Yea...its meeeeeeeega hot because BBC says so :)...like its never been hot before in the UK sheeesh.
Stop it. :)

Can you spot any difference between these 2 screenshots ? ;)
Let me help you:
HAPPY summer on the left hand side
and
VEEEEEEEERY BAAAAD summer on the right hand side .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by blablok on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
blablok

Here is another one just in case if you havent noticed what they are trying to do here.
This time Germany.

2017 vs 2022

Just enjoy the summer and stop complaining about "hot" temperature :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by blablok on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

blablok wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:42 am
Yea...its meeeeeeeega hot because BBC says so :)...like its never been hot before in the UK sheeesh.

Let me help you:
and
WOW you mean the BBC lied about record breaking temperatures all over the UK?! Bastards!

That actually makes sense... I was strolling around wearing thermals and a duffel coat and couldn't understand why there were so many people walking around half naked and sweating. What a bunch of sheep right?! :) The power of suggestion from the BBC overlords is pretty impressive though.
blablok

Its ok if you dont understand what i tried to say with 2x pics from 2 different periods. Not a problem.
Im not denying it is hot. Im saying that it had never been problem before and people actually enjoyed summer time when it was hot but NOW it sudddenly is and its all bad and I wonder why ; )
Trader Pat

blablok wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:36 am
Its ok if you dont understand what i tried to say with 2x pics from 2 different periods.
I'll take a wild guess here but maybe the difference between the images is that one side is during a Europe wide heatwave with temp records been broken all over the continent and the other isn't.
Derek27

blablok wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:42 am

Let me help you:
and
You need to stop looking at the colours and look at the numbers, 40 is much greater than 30. Just look how cold it used to be!

Capture.GIF

Return to “General discussion”