Trading capital allowance etc

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Re the Betfair premium accounts July newsletter...
(can't seem to link to it from my phone but you'll have it anyway)

I'm not sure how trading capital allowances will help as bank isn't the limitting factor really. Exposure re-use might help some on the simultaneous weekend footy though.

But its good to see some innovative thinking in these times of gloom about the govt guidelines so I for one aren't going to knock the ideas or intent.
RoyJay

What is the gist of it? (for us mere mortals who aren’t privy to the premium account newsletter?).
Offering a credit line effectively.
RoyJay

RoyJay wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:30 am
What is the gist of it? (for us mere mortals who aren’t privy to the premium account newsletter?).

Spook! What happened there?

Somebody edited my post, and answered my question!

I never wrote that “offering a credit line effectively line”. This place is weird! :lol:
RoyJay

Is that correct by the way?

Are premium accounts being effectively allowed to bet on credit, whilst normal users are facing intrusive credit checks for trying to bet with their own money?!
Euler

RoyJay wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:06 am
RoyJay wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:30 am

Spook! What happened there?

Somebody edited my post, and answered my question!

I never wrote that “offering a credit line effectively line”. This place is weird! :lol:
That was my fault I think. Sorry about that, not totally sure what happened there?
ikky

https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... e_campaign

All the Premium Newsletters are stored here.
ShaunWhite

RoyJay wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:19 am
Is that correct by the way?

Are premium accounts being effectively allowed to bet on credit, whilst normal users are facing intrusive credit checks for trying to bet with their own money?!
Nobody escapes scrutiny. And there's got be some perks for paying thousands in fees every month which funds the low commission rates for "normal" users.

What it isn't though is a line of credit, that's illegal for starters, it's just a way to recognise that if you're offering lots of liquidity, and shown you know how to manage a position, then they'll look at your likely liability rather than the strict adding of plusses and minuses. Without a certain type of user putting thousands or tens of thousands up in every market there wouldn't be much action so its something recognise that which won't cost them anything, but as bank size isn't a problem for most it's a gesture rather than anything particularly valuable.
Archery1969

Wonder what the gambling commission will think about that. :roll:
ShaunWhite

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:09 pm
Can't see the problem, premium charge payers have proved their affordability críteria far and beyond what's expected, most cultivating a B2B relationship rather than that of a casual punter. And undoubtedly they'd have cleared it because they're no mugs.
Euler

I don't need any additional ways to trade, have plenty of capital and access to adequate exposure. Trying to understand why somebody would?
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:27 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:09 pm
Can't see the problem, premium charge payers have proved their affordability críteria far and beyond what's expected, most cultivating a B2B relationship rather than that of a casual punter. And undoubtedly they'd have cleared it because they're no mugs.
I'd be surprised if the GC is relaxed about winners. They'd think we'll lose everything we've won eventually and borrow money to fund our habits, leading to alcohol and drug dependency, glue sniffing and finally suicide. :)
RoyJay

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:04 pm

And there's got be some perks for paying thousands in fees every month which funds the low commission rates for "normal" users.
You get to sit on your balcony in Spain smoking reefer ogling senoritas, whilst your robots take money off “normal” non price sensitive users, who get to sit inside for hours, staring at the screen clicking the buttons like a suspend monkey, which funds your lavish lifestyle.

How many more perks do you want?!
RoyJay

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:27 pm

That’s great for you, though most casual punters struggle to get past live chat, let alone build a “B2B” relationship.

If mugs all fail the affordability checks, then who is going to be left to click your prices?
Euler

I'm fully on board with the level playing field, or else the model doesn't work long term.
jamesedwards

For some trading styles of non-recreational accounts this makes lots of sense.

Picture an account that creates offers in every major football market, it's easily plausible for them to have, say, 5000 unmatched positions at any one time each with perhaps, £100 liability. That's £500,000 exposure, even though maybe only single digit percent of these positions ever get matched and even then by law of averages the eventual combined movement in P&L might never more than a few hundred £ a day.

Return to “General discussion”