Pefromance increase from website trading to Bet Angel?

A place to discuss anything.
buyshirts

I would like your opinions on a like for like comparison.
So lets assume you have become proficient in trading manually on Bet Angel, what is your estimate of how much better your returns would be if you were to trade let's a bog standard big race handicap on a saturday on the betfair website compared what you would expect if you traded a similar event using Bet Angel (using no automation)?
Dallas

Guess that all depends on the strategy you are using

and when you say with out automation do you mean just full automation in Guardian?

Or without servants which use rules files?
and if so do that also include other automated bets/actions like offsetting, greening, fill/kill etc

Meaning just strategies that require full manual input?
buyshirts

Thanks Dallas i didn't explain properly i mean just fully manual, so not even any offsetting
ShaunWhite

buyshirts wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:32 am
what is your estimate of how much better your returns would be if you were to trade on the betfair website compared what you would expect if you traded a similar event using Bet Angel?
Better:?:
Much much worse just through the site. But some things you could probably do almost as well, most things would be totally impossible.

Only you know how you trade so why don't you do a comparison?
ShaunWhite

... What's the subtext? Are you planning to save 50p a day by not using BA?
Dallas

I don't think anything I do these days don't use some form of automation or rules file in someway
So for me I'd first need to try and revise strategy's which in itself would effect its performance
napshnap

It's gonna be like plowing the ground with your nails.
Realrocknrolla

Remember dial up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derek27

buyshirts wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:32 am
I would like your opinions on a like for like comparison.
So lets assume you have become proficient in trading manually on Bet Angel, what is your estimate of how much better your returns would be if you were to trade let's a bog standard big race handicap on a saturday on the betfair website compared what you would expect if you traded a similar event using Bet Angel (using no automation)?
The website is only useful for placing the odd bet. Even if you just want to back and then lay, by the time you've entered the odds and stake the market may have moved. There's also the risk of skipping the decimal point if you're in a hurry.

With a ladder interface, 3 quick clicks can place 3 bets spread over 3 prices. Trading's just not practical through the website. Sign up to the free 14-day trial and see for yourself. :)
Jukebox

imagine trying to drive blindfolded from London to Brighton with only SatNav voice instructions.
buyshirts

Thanks for your replies, the subtext i know someone that continues to try and trade cricket markets in running and as a Bet Angel user for a good few years i keep telling him he is stupid, i said conservatively that i would expect a 20% higher return by using Bet Angel rather than the website and i wanted some other people opinions.

Return to “General discussion”