Looking to withdraw your cash from your bank ? :) Well...

A place to discuss anything.
blablok

Take a look at this :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Shows how bad fraud has got, I never mind an extra check.
Derek27

I stopped using cash since the pandemic, Burger King still don't accept it. I know someone though, who still pays his staff in cash. He won't be pleased.
sniffer66

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Same. Don't mind an instant card block when I'm shopping big online either. It all helps to prevent someone clearing my account.

If the bank's had been doing this for years, my Mrs ex wouldn't have been able to clear out her dad's bank account for almost 6 figures. Poor guy had dementia :evil:
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:00 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Same. Don't mind an instant card block when I'm shopping big online either. It all helps to prevent someone clearing my account.

If the bank's had been doing this for years, my Mrs ex wouldn't have been able to clear out her dad's bank account for almost 6 figures. Poor guy had dementia :evil:
+1

Sorry to hear about what happened to your fathers-in-law, I think banks should bear some responsibility if they allow this to happen
It wouldn't be that hard to put an instant block when a transaction/series of out of character transactions occur until they've been verified and repeat that with even further checks if it continues

That way in most cases the person doing the withdrawing/transferring would face straight criminal charges for fraud rather than being able to use the grey area and get away with saying 'they said I could buy myself all these things'
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:57 pm
I stopped using cash since the pandemic, Burger King still don't accept it. I know someone though, who still pays his staff in cash. He won't be pleased.
I went to London this year for the first time in ages and the cash in my pocket was no use at all. Good job Mrs remembers her PIN cos I don't know mine and my card isn't contactless. .I'd have gone hungry :D

Return to “General discussion”